Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 01:15:41 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: wine and cheese  (Read 52564 times)
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 07:47:12 pm »

I didn't "buy" my way to T9 - I took full advantage of all things being sold or given for free on auction, of course, but everyone does. You'd be stupid not to.

It's possible I'm terribly naive, but I don't see the harm in "buying" things - that's an economy

For one, it's extremely expensive to do, and for two you just can't "buy your way to the top". With an unlimited budget of platinum (say, 1 billion), it would still take me a LOOOOOONG time to "buy my way" to T9 ("buying" all those armor pieces and gems and combines? ugggghhhhh). Would be faster just to do it organically.

I have more plat than I know what to do with, and there have been plenty of times I just flat out couldn't buy something that I needed, even above normal asking price.

So basically, Joe has two options after he gets to level 70 and starts Plane of Time. He can play Plane of Time... or he can grind wisps in Jaggedpine and "buy" armor from other people. Usually in my experience, it's faster (not to mention more fun) just to play the normal game.

However, if Joe wants to grind Jaggedpine for SLS's to buy a few essences to get a jump on his UW (or buy armor, or buy essences, or buy whatever...) more power to him.

There was a big sarcastic post about FoH and how they were the only ones that cared about people "buying their way to the top" on page 2 of this thread (won't quote it, it's long). I agree with this sarcastic post. I don't care if people do that. That, and I don't believe it's practically possible.

Call me naive, I just don't see the problem here. Let people grind some SLS's and buy armor when it is available... I haven't SOLD armor in a long time anyway, I just give it away usually.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:03:56 pm by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 07:54:18 pm »

Who said anything about ebay? This is about selling droppable items in game for some gear on rare occasion... and usually just for one toon out of whole set of toons. Fyi, most of our guys get our gear on their own and from guildies. Very little is purchased with SLS or ess.

For the record we had two accounts suspended that I know of, and both were connected somehow. If we had known first we would have fixed it ourselves. One account left the guild, and the other the suspension was lifted afaik.

Whoever is creating fohbot accounts is cracking me up though, seriously.

FoH is a very helpful guild of mostly T5-T8 - we don't judge folks for how they play the game as long as it's within the rules.

I can promise you, our T9 folks (current and future) won't give anyone a hard time for progressing within the rules - it's just a waste of time.

Also, I'm *really* glad I bought some more MoFs during Halloween using a lot of my essences... it has helped a lot, and I earned those essences legitimately just like everyone else. Pretty sure I paid some FH folks for those too.  Roll Eyes

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 07:56:52 pm »

I didn't "buy" my way to T9 - I took full advantage of all things being sold or given for free on auction, of course, but everyone does. You'd be stupid not to.

It's possible I'm terribly naive, but I don't see the harm in "buying" things - that's an economy

For one, it's extremely expensive to do, and for two you just can't "buy your way to the top". With an unlimited budget of platinum (say, 1 billion), it would still take me a LOOOOOONG time to "buy my way" to T9 ("buying" all those armor pieces and gems and combines? ugggghhhhh). Would be faster just to do it organically.

I have more plat than I know what to do with, and there have been plenty of times I just flat out couldn't buy something that I needed, even above normal asking price.

So basically, Joe has two options after he gets to level 70 and starts Plane of Time. He can play Plane of Time... or he can grind wisps in Jaggedpine and "buy" armor from other people. Usually in my experience, it's faster (not to mention more fun) just to play the normal game.

However, if Joe wants to grind Jaggedpine for SLS's to buy a few essences to get a jump on his UW (or buy armor, or buy essences, or buy whatever...) more power to him.

There was a big sarcastic post about FoH and how they were the only ones that cared about people "buying their way to the top" (I guess this post was deleted?). I agree with this sarcastic post. I don't care if people do that. That, and I don't believe it's practically possible.

Call me naive, I just don't see the problem here. Let people grind some SLS's and buy armor when it is available... I haven't SOLD armor in a long time anyway, I just give it away usually.

Agree 100%

Peign
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 08:05:12 pm »

I say Arena Deathmatch, with Watch and Chunka, il charge one SLS per spectator ~

If sharing accounts wasn't frowned upon, I'd let Watchyoudie use Recluse for that one.    Just collecting dust anyway.  

FYI:  Watchyoudie wtfowns playing an SK.    Most players on this server  (with exception of a few) have no idea what pulling is or the capabilities of toons played correctly.  

LOL@this thread, this is awesome!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:22:41 pm by Peign » Logged
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 08:11:32 pm »

Turtles I like

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 08:19:56 pm »

Who said anything about ebay? This is about selling droppable items in game for some gear on rare occasion... and usually just for one toon out of whole set of toons. Fyi, most of our guys get our gear on their own and from guildies. Very little is purchased with SLS or ess.

Because its very similar. What we're talking about is people buying their way through content....and if you think some of your guildies arent then you dont know your roster too well. I see nothing wrong with buying a missing piece or 2 if you just cannot get the damned thing to drop. But again, thats not what we're talking about here. We're talking about people paying to go through tiers rather than just hunkering down and working the content. But once again....

I dont care what ya do. It doesnt effect me either way, I just find it sad and funny. I equate it with cheating at solitaire. Why would you?

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 08:25:02 pm »

my cents

Players buy the shit out of everything (fully okay in game honestly)

Then they suddenly find themselves at end tier and want to comment on everything i.e. ways to make this better or that less (whatever it doesn't matter)
... one they didn't even try to complete any of the content on their own Period, and now want to have 100% input on how to make X better and QQ about a fucked up economy..

If it isn't you then don't have a future QQ fit about this. But that statement above is 100% fucking accurate not an opinion.

ps

There is a fuckton of Bags in all tiers (nearly).. if you can't make money in this game now, honestly please leave (making changes to SLS will not effect NOOBS only asshats)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:30:58 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 08:27:38 pm »

Because its very similar. What we're talking about is people buying their way through content....and if you think some of your guildies arent then you dont know your roster too well. I see nothing wrong with buying a missing piece or 2 if you just cannot get the damned thing to drop. But again, thats not what we're talking about here. We're talking about people paying to go through tiers rather than just hunkering down and working the content. But once again....

I dont care what ya do. It doesnt effect me either way, I just find it sad and funny. I equate it with cheating at solitaire. Why would you?

So you know my roster better than me?  Huh

Regardless, I can't believe you just said trading in-game droppable items for in-game loot, which is part of the game, is "very similar" to buying stuff on ebay.

Come on Chunka  Roll Eyes

Peign
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 08:30:55 pm »

So you know my roster better than me?  Huh

Regardless, I can't believe you just said trading in-game droppable items for in-game loot, which is part of the game, is "very similar" to buying stuff on ebay.

Come on Chunka  Roll Eyes

Chunka made female characters and flirted his way to uber gear in EQ Live.   
Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 08:32:21 pm »

Chunka made female characters and flirted his way to uber gear in EQ Live.   

You ICQ'd (<-- lol)  me this idea on EZ when we made those red head scarlet Gnomers.. to get our Epics!!  oh the days to flaunting our vaginas..

-Hate"
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 08:33:05 pm »

Chunka and Fugi and Dimur

You can't "buy your way through content" see my post at the top of this page (page 3). You're always going to be playing 90% of content, by sheer necessity of the design of the game. You three complain about whiners, but do a disproportional amount of complaining.

Are you talking about EBAY'ing things? I don't think anyone would argue that Ebay use is bad for server... I don't think that's what you're saying though, it seems like the three of you are complaining about noobs or medium tiered players grinding SLS and buying gear...

Let's play the "I want to buy my way through the tiers" game (let's assume you have lots of money)

Time - I can't... nobody plays it. Maybe I could pay someone to kill Dragon Slave for me... or maybe do a single run through

QVic - Maybe pay to do a run... but even then you're going to spend 95% of your time getting gems and armor yourself

CT - I hate this zone, you're going to do 95% of this yourself

Dragons 1 and 2 - You're going to be getting those damn patterns yourself, I don't know what you can buy here

Gods - You can "buy your way" through this, I guess... but it'd probably be just as easy to "FREE your way" through it... because people do runs of this all the time with rots

Abyss - You can "buy" a couple of the bosses out of ONE HUNDRED.. but even if you had 1 billion platinum to spend, you are going to have to get lucky that someone else has spawned a boss you need

Anguish - You can't really buy much here

Loping - One of the rare zones where you can buy a little... but still you're going to need to do 80% of the work in this zone

ToV - you can buy a few of the beginning pieces for your tank. 90% of the gruntwork will be done by you

T9 - you can buy a book or two.... but those are given away...

What are you three talking about? I don't know sometimes
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:37:47 pm by Darpey » Logged

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 08:34:30 pm »

my cents

Players buy the shit out of everything (fully okay in game honestly)

Then they suddenly find themselves at end tier and want to comment on everything i.e. ways to make this better or that less (whatever it doesn't matter)
... one they didn't even try to complete any of the content on their own Period, and now want to have 100% input on how to make X better and QQ about a fucked up economy..

If it isn't you then don't have a future QQ fit about this. But that statement above is 100% fucking accurate not an opinion.

ps

There is a fuckton of Bags in all tiers (nearly).. if you can't make money in this game now, honestly please leave (making chages to SLS will not effect NOOBS only asshats)

Please name one character who got to T9 without completing ANY of the content on their own? I'm legitimately interested.

Additionally, does this character have other toons? Did they also use SLS and essences to buy all the gear for their other toons? Why not just play the content with their geared tank who bought all their gear with SLS / ess? How did he/she manage to find EVERY item they need for sale? If I need a single piece from any tier it sometimes takes me weeks to find a seller - this person must be a professional trader and online 24/7!  Shocked

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 08:36:33 pm »

Chunka and Fugi and Dimur

You can't "buy your way through content" see my post at the top of this page (page 3). You're always going to be playing 90% of content, by sheer necessity of the design of the game. You three complain about whiners, but do a disproportional amount of complaining.

Are you talking about EBAY'ing things? I don't think anyone would argue that Ebay use is bad for server... I don't think that's what you're saying though, it seems like the three of you are complaining about noobs or medium tiered players grinding SLS and buying gear...

Let's play the "I want to buy my way through the tiers" game (let's assume you have lots of money)

Time - I can't... nobody plays it. Maybe I could pay someone to kill Dragon Slave for me... or maybe do a single run through

QVic - Maybe pay to do a run... but even then you're going to spend 95% of your time getting gems and armor yourself

CT - I hate this zone, you're going to do 95% of this yourself

Dragons 1 and 2 - You're going to be getting those damn patterns yourself, I don't know what you can buy here

Gods - You can "buy your way" through this, I guess... but it'd probably be just as easy to "FREE your way" through it... because people do runs of this all the time with rots

Abyss - You can "buy" a couple of the bosses out of ONE HUNDRED.. but even if you had 1 billion platinum to spend, you are going to have to get lucky that someone else has spawned a boss you need

Anguish - You can't really buy much here

Loping - One of the rare zones where you can buy a little... but still you're going to need to do 80% of the work in this zone

ToV - you can buy a few of the beginning pieces for your tank. 90% of the gruntwork will be done by you

T9 - you can buy a book or two.... but those are given away...

What are you three talking about? I don't know sometimes

Case in point. You cannot "buy your way" through EZ using SLS and essences. It's not possible. Not even close.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 08:36:51 pm »

The solution to all of this is simple...

It's not about fixing SLS

It's not about stopping "buying your way to the top"

It's about making more hard content. The main argument between the two camps of people is that people are at the top and are bored vs. the other people that aren't at the top yet. (or are, but don't bitch as much as you guys)

T10 comes along, asuming it's "smack you in the face" Hellishly hard and long (that's what she said) problem solved.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:39:32 pm by Darpey » Logged

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 08:45:32 pm »

You have no fucking idea what players have donated for goobs of EZ creds. You honestly think you fucking know everything about the politics and ins and outs of the server you don't period, nor are you even open minded enough to see past your nose at times.

Do you thing we are just talking about the last year? This shit has been going on since the back door deals have been Lining Hunters Pockets with mula agree or not it has period. I can attach lots of LOL emails from Hunter about how much shit he introduced via EZ credits. (even with me and others encouraging him not to break things)

on good note, the amount of effort into the server in last 11 months has not been in vain(spelling shrug) lot of positive changes, stability, speed and tons of stuff to look forward to content/class/spells/ you name it HB is inventing it.

oh and Warrior5 quit jumping on the bandwagon like Fire of Heavens is all innocent in everything. Every fucking old member had nearly unlimited Credit codes to make any goon max level, max gear, max everything with just a few strokes of the keyboard not alone the Automated Macro supply that they nearly shared with everyone on the server

No one wants to point out the ease of the path the game has created recently, they just want to point and lecture the "elite guy"

Turtles I like, done with this post keep @ it if yall want
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 08:51:43 pm by Fugitive » Logged

-Hate"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081