Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:25:33 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: 12+ boxing questions  (Read 15942 times)
derekthom

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2015, 09:12:39 pm »

I have my second group up to 70/71 and have started running all 12 accounts at once and have noticed a lot of lag on my main screen  (ive done the optimization on the install that my 11 alts run on, stick figures and all) and ive tried different settings to try and tone down the graphics on my main without losing too much "prettyness" but the lag shows up after zoning into the nexus then back to qvic  (so far it seems like qvic is the worst) so i was wondering if you guys that run 12 accounts on one machine drop the resolution (if so what size is suggested that i can still see the ui and enough of the world to get around for questing/looting ) or any other tricks that might not have been covered 8n the optimization guide.
my machine is running a core i5 4690k oc'd to 4.6Ghz on all 4 cores, 16GB of ddr3 1600 RAM, primary account and windows/pagefile are on a samsung pro ssd (had 16GB pagefile but windows suggested 25 so i upped it). Anywho, if anyone has any tips to get me by till i get my second machine home and set up  (amd 6 core 1100t with 16GB of RAM) and I can unload 6 accounts to it, I would appreciate it. thanks for reading my wall of text from my phone.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »

mq2 filters are your friend /filter name add *Exact text here
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 09:59:20 pm »

What does that do?
clbreastmilk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 05:20:58 am »

Filters remove text spam on each box.  You should select as many as possible and add custom filters described above for each box.  Reduces desync and lag.  

Underfoot or better client should reduce lag on your system.  Many people use two different EQ installs and only load their warrior on the first one which is likely not as stripped down.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:11:09 am by clbreastmilk » Logged
Premador

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 08:54:49 am »

I think it was Blarr that put out a MQ2 file (believe its called MQ2test) load it it works wonders. It uses the /viewport command to close the screen so no graphics are shown on minimized toons.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 10:06:12 am »

I use inner space and IsBoxer, they have a fps controling feature that I turn off. I then make foreground 30fps / background min in options of game.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 02:28:38 pm »

Underfoot or better client should reduce lag on your system.  Many people use two different EQ installs and only load their warrior on the first one which is likely not as stripped down.
Have all of this done. (RoF2 clients, separate installs for warrior and the 11 alts)
I think it was Blarr that put out a MQ2 file (believe its called MQ2test) load it it works wonders. It uses the /viewport command to close the screen so no graphics are shown on minimized toons.
I have this all set up as well.
Guess I'll see what can be done with the filters, thanks for the suggestions guys.
edit: have 25 filters going and lag is still horrible in qvic, I give up, guess while im farming here ill just run the warrior from the gutted installation. hopefully i wont have to spend too much time here.
edit2: lag went away when kicked 2 accounts off, guess 12 is just too much for my machine
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 03:22:29 pm by derekthom » Logged
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 05:37:19 pm »

Something is screwey. With that box running 12 should fly, even running all 12 on the same Teflon (non stick....get it?) client.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 07:04:22 pm »

Something is screwey. With that box running 12 should fly, even running all 12 on the same Teflon (non stick....get it?) client.
that is what I  thought. I can't think of what else to do other than dumping accounts to another machine.
Digz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:46 pm »

i remember having similar problems as you when i first started boxing more then 6 and i also have the same samsung ssd as you and have never touched the pagefile. The thing i finally found that fixed my problem was setting background fps to render 1 out of every 150 frames (set through eqplaynice) and be cpu limited rather then gpu. I do warn you though a lot of people have problems with eqplaynice and recommend not even using it at all due to conflicts with other settings. I can run 14 clients and not have my gpu break over 20% load at all times, cpu loads are very low too on an i7 @ 4.0ghz. best thing i could say is mess around with some of the settings in the winEQ preferances and see if anything helps, thats what i did. this setting also rendered the MQ2test plug-in useless for me as i seen absolutely no difference in gpu/cpu loads with it on and off, hope this helps Smiley
derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 07:40:45 pm »

Thanks Digz I'll give it a shot when I get off work.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2015, 10:19:47 pm »

I have a similar setup run 21 with very little lag. I prob have over 100 filters.. You need to make sure you /bcaa the /filter add as I have not had it stick on all toons... also make sure all settings on all toons are correct ...have had a few reset to default randomly...
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 09:23:08 am »

Did you follow the optimization link? Could be the Clip plane settings. I have that aroun 50 on main because past that seems to render items I can't see anyways. Also is it hardware lag or game lag? I.e is it choppy when you try to move character or are hits and mobs showing up late etc...?

derekthom

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 12:10:14 pm »

yes, done everything on the optimization guide link. hardware lag.
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 03:02:31 pm »

So odd, use wineq or IsBoxer?

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149