Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:31:02 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Things that would make EZ more fun (from my perspective)  (Read 8282 times)
Dinadas

View Profile
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:20 am »

1) Scale Rot bot in t8.  Trade 2 of the colors you don't want and get 1 of the missing color back.  We all seem to have 1 color that RNG makes elude us.

2) Expanded Resist stone recipes.   The convert 8x stones into 1 recipes from ranks 1 to 4 expanded up until 10 given they can drop in tiers now.

Currently 
8 rank 1's become 1 rank 4
8 rank 2's become 1 rank 5
8 rank 3's become 1 rank 6
8 rank 4's become 1 rank 7

Add
8 rank 5's become 1 rank 8
8 rank 6's become 1 rank 9
8 rank 7's become 1 rank 10
8 rank 8's become 1 rank 11
8 rank 9's become 1 rank 12
8 rank 10's become 1 rank 13

3)  Fixing t5 mini.  This is a simple fix.

Make 5 non-task bosses in the mini.  Allow them to drop a token.  Add an NPC in that arena area in the real t5 that excepts the tokens and spawns random task bosses.

Why I think this is the best solution. 
a)It requires minimal reworking of t5 mini-dungeon. 
b) Allows cleaning up the buggy t5 mini-task to require the 5 new boss kills by name and it won't randomly say it's done after killing 1. 
c) I don't see how it could be exploited for the right bosses.  You get your tokens and when you hand in you get a boss, no reset trick etc.
d)Can tinker behind the scenes on the chances of the boss spawning upon token hand in.
Maybe rare t5 task bosses should have lower chance to spawn from a handin, maybe white shouldn't spawn at all, etc.  Allows more control.

4) Know my feelings on summoning from the other thread.

5) Make the DS shield clicky from tier 8 clickable from inventory.

6-10) reserved for future ideas.

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:47:29 am »

Along with the 8 of stones 3 rks up 4x to 2 rk up would be great to add up to 18
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 11:01:16 am »

That's fair.  I only included the ones that drop so far as loot.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 01:32:00 pm »

so more fun would be faster with less need to farm content?

seems to me that this is not the general direction of improvement they can move in.

1. we have only a small handful of people doing dev work so they cant spit out new content every 6 weeks to keep the frothing masses at bay.

2. people who farm everything and don't have brain problems stop playing once they have all the stuff...

3. having people not play makes for server sad face

so why I can see that it would indeed make it faster for you to get to the end with these ideas I really don't see the advantage for the server..

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2015, 02:00:57 pm »

Of these, I can agree with the resist stone recipes, combining them over and over and over sucks and serves no real purpose other than making my carpal tunnel flair up  Tongue

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2015, 05:13:28 pm »

seems to me that this is not the general direction of improvement they can move in.

1. we have only a small handful of people doing dev work so they cant spit out new content every 6 weeks to keep the frothing masses at bay.

2. people who farm everything and don't have brain problems stop playing once they have all the stuff...

so why I can see that it would indeed make it faster for you to get to the end with these ideas I really don't see the advantage for the server..

Hurty no matter what the devs do people will either finish everything, or burn out from the difficulty. Little quirks that make people frustrated don't add to the challenge, they just turn new players off to the server. I think new players on EZ do one of the following:

1.) They quit before they reach level 50 because they think the server is too easy (clueless).

2.) They quit after potime when they realize they need more than one toon and have to learn mq2.

3.) They quit after Qvic when they realize how much content there is and how much grinding is required.

4.) They burn out around T5 out of sheer exhaustion.

5.) They beat the game and stop playing.

6.) They play casually and never finish the content always having more to do.

I believe the number of people in category 5 is a lot less than you think. The vast majority probably punch out in 1-4, and very few folks are in 6.

You're right the devs have limited time. They already do so much and have created so much content. Instead of bugging them about more content, I think it's okay for people to make suggestions on how to improve what we already have - they're just suggestions - and some of these changes might help convince more new folks to stick around. I'm amazed Hate is doing T10 right now while also fixing issues constantly with Akka - it's a lot to ask either way. Regardless, let's not attack every person who makes suggestions by saying they "just want it easier," when we know most people actually leave the server specifically because it's too hard.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 10:46:07 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 07:43:54 pm »

Not sure why suggesting things that will make the game less tedious offends you.

My suggestion for t5 mini is probably the least work for Hate after t10.  Last time he talked about it in chat it was a whole remodel.  

The recipes are cut and paste jobs.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 06:56:32 am by Dinadas » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2015, 06:24:58 pm »

I'm either #4 or #5

idk

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2015, 06:44:49 pm »

I'm either #4 or #5

idk

y/o

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2015, 07:40:30 am »

I fall into the #6 category for sure
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members