Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 05, 2024, 05:41:34 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Mage pets  (Read 12922 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2015, 11:14:55 am »

The one that comes to mind immediately is defensive boon.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2015, 11:18:28 am »

Oh, and since for some weird reason pets stay literally on top of you when not active you're gonna wanna make sure to use the SIT command for the pet before turning in anything. Mine ate a mask of experience because of this. No, I didnt ask for a refund...I'm not that stupid Cheesy

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2015, 03:30:03 pm »

Oh, and since for some weird reason pets stay literally on top of you when not active you're gonna wanna make sure to use the SIT command for the pet before turning in anything. Mine ate a mask of experience because of this. No, I didnt ask for a refund...I'm not that stupid Cheesy

I wouldn't call that stupid Chunka.   The admins made it where mages have to jump through hoops now in order for a Mage to trade anything without it accidentally landing on their pet.   That should be their fault and it should be replaced since they made the mistake of messing up the pets.  

Everyone else though to bad.

Didn't happen to me though so I'm not complaining.  lol
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 03:32:54 pm by Drep » Logged

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
jdvillan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2015, 03:38:45 pm »

I have to agree, the way the pets are now makes it very difficult to do any sort of trade or turn in. It also VERY distracting when walking to have them port to you over and over.

Glendon
Only the Brave (OtB)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2015, 04:17:15 pm »

I have to agree, the way the pets are now makes it very difficult to do any sort of trade or turn in. It also VERY distracting when walking to have them port to you over and over.

Looking in to this, I have not forgotten about you. :-)

LOL hugs.

-Hate
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 07:10:49 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2015, 07:00:26 am »

Have all aa's maxed on the mage....and its not ALL buffs that fade, just the permanent.
Might be that the permanent buffs are being considered short duration buffs (even if they don't go to the song window) because of the way the buff timer works.
ONLY mentioning this because I know that certain DA spells on live will drop on zoning even when they go to the main window (playing on zek teaches you a lot of interesting things about DA)
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2015, 09:33:17 am »

Did some digging and passed this info up to Akkadius. ALL pets seem to be defaulting to GM speed for reasons unknown. Since this is faster than the server is setup for, it sets the movement threshold so high that the next waypoint to "appear" looks to be outside of the zone (which gives us that "warping" feel).

Hopefully Akkadius will be able to get something resolved with that.

-Hate

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2015, 10:10:25 am »

The runspeed on the Insane Goblin / Stone Monster pets seems fine.. I'm guessing the normal mage pets are just too fucking fast and their runspeed needs to be lowered  Tongue

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2015, 11:59:52 am »

The runspeed on the Insane Goblin / Stone Monster pets seems fine.. I'm guessing the normal mage pets are just too fucking fast and their runspeed needs to be lowered  Tongue

That's odd. I actually think I know what's causing out then. It does it on old EQ pets too, but I didn't check without GM speed on. Will test with my actual mage account. Ok, it's quest related this time. I've got to do reverse math to find out what the new tiny value is for a player's runspeed to match it. gfd it.

$client->GetRunspeed() returns the larger (final?) number (i.e. 56 or 158), but the modifynpcstat runspeed uses the new system. Damn it, damn it, damn it. So I'll likely have to reverse the number from GetRunspeed into that new tiny value

-Hate
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 02:42:18 pm by hateborne » Logged

Premador

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2015, 03:53:19 pm »

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2015, 06:40:15 pm »

JUST FIXED THIS!

With the new runspeed changes, a formula that was accurate now is ...biased. On NPCs, GetRunspeed returns a number less than 5 usually. On players, it's in the 30s up to 100s. Using these same values, it made the pets able to literally move entire zones in a single "stride". This has been fixed and will be live with new instances or reboot. :-)

-Hate

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2015, 09:59:58 pm »

Just started having issues with pets. Some clicky pets arent responding to hails....summoners bag pets arent equipping weapons if they log in or zone, only if they are summoned fresh in zone.

Will wait and see if issues persist after reset.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:02:54 pm by Chunka » Logged

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2015, 11:01:30 pm »

Just started having issues with pets. Some clicky pets arent responding to hails....summoners bag pets arent equipping weapons if they log in or zone, only if they are summoned fresh in zone.

Will wait and see if issues persist after reset.

Love just fixed this. Herp-de-derp on my part.

-Hate

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081