Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 07:22:23 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Author Topic: T10 Beta Testing Attempt No. 2! (9-8-15)  (Read 28539 times)
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2015, 02:29:32 am »

My first impression is gonna have to be a complaint just because its such a big deal to me, the no coh makes zero sense to me, i play using only coh, when im in t9 at lake, and i go to kill black priest, i coh there, i dont use stick to get there.

No levitate is an absolute 100% killler as well I can see if theres some kind of way to levitate to a mob and kill it without clearing something, but couldnt you just make the mob like vulak, if you want that stuff cleared it must be before you can kill the named?

I dont understand why either of them arent allowed to be used and its really almost a game ruiner for me. id understand if theres a big reason why not.

Krinkle Sprinkle
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2015, 11:37:00 am »

So far all of my chat/UI bugs have been fixed by turning all the labels off in my MQ2Map. Just something to try for everybody else having troubles.

I think there's too many labels and it's causing problems. Perhaps MQ2Map will need to be optimized in some way to run well in this zone.

Blarr!
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2015, 11:38:54 am »

Spending some time in here today so I'll update this as I go along. Some of it may be as intended, but adding my observations.

I ran into one of the agro mobs that just stand there mezzing themselves. "A sunburnt ruffian" and was a vah shir model.

I've got to agree with CoH needing to be on, at least during testing. Travel around the zone is quite difficult due to the large agro radius. The time it takes to move any significant distance because of agro wipes is time lost actually killing mobs and learning stuff to feed back.

Gnoll pathing is old ToV worthy. They'll run right past me, up a hill, back down, round the mountain and finally come to the pull spot. Usually with waaaay more mobs than I initially pulled.

Agro/assist range on undead is pretty gruesome. Can pull one and the whole pack comes even if they're a decent pace away. Tried a few pulling methods so either I'm not doing it the way it's intended, or assist range may be too high.

Feign Death is taking the full 3 minutes to drop agro. I could swear there's a randomness built in there so it doesn't ALWAYS take the full duration. Will keep playing with it.

Undead gnolls have a lot less hp's than the rest of the mobs I've encountered.

Since archers are tethered, if you can clear the camp (I did the one by the mesa exit) you don't have to pull. They'll auto-agro and you just pick them off. Doubt that's intended.

Succor reward item zones you, rather than teleporting like in other zones.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:36:30 pm by Haimon » Logged

Denzig <STONE>
Krinkle

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2015, 12:45:12 pm »

Mobs mezzing themselves is usually caused by the spell reflection on insane goblin pet buff, used to love shooting someone in the face on faceshooter in pvp and it reflecting and changing my name to faceshootee

Krinkle Sprinkle
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2015, 01:17:22 pm »

Ya, but this is a trap spawning and 8 of the mobs being mezzed before they take a step, and they remain mezzed while you run allllll the way over to them and hit them 1000 times, getting 1000 mez break messages and still they do not attack. It feels different than IG reflect
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2015, 02:18:38 pm »

Was able to break into the Ranger camp today. Most of the hits they fire off seem to do 200k or less, but I still see a 800-900k every now and then. With the way the area is setup, breaking into it is a nightmare still. Because of the perma rooted archers, their threat tables work the same as any permarooted mob. Closest target = aggro. And because their positioning is so scattered, it's rather hard to keep the warrior the closest target, also having to deal with the massive aggro range of the other mobs that constantly funnel into you as you try and pick off the rangers. All in all, I did clear the area, but I never left combat once, so I didn't bother trying to rez while more and more archers kept aggroing. By the end, it was just 4 of my 18 left standing, but I killed all the named there  Tongue

Essentially, i just zerged the archers with bodies!

Also, I've seen the elusive 'mez-trap' happen with 3x 'tone deaf minstrels' and also a pack with 3 different bandits and 0 tone deaf minstrels.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 02:33:52 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Kaid

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2015, 02:53:03 pm »

More mez trap fun. "a bandit poisonmaster" x2, "a tone deaf minstrel" x2, and "an irritated berserker". Also in the trap but were NOT mezzed: "a tamed hellclaw" and "a bandit assailant"

I have to add my thoughts on the aggro radius, as I just swam under a bridge and had everything atop said bridge aggro on me.

1. They were rather far away on the z axis and shouldn't be able to see that far in any direction.
2. They shouldn't be able to see through the floor/ground/walls (we're not allowed to target through walls, why should they be?  Wink )
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:17:01 pm by Kaid » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2015, 02:58:20 pm »

This is the message my mage just received:

a goblin marauder goes on a RAMPAGE!
A goblin marauder slashes YOU for 462516 points of damage. (Rampage)
A goblin marauder slashes YOU for 932703 points of damage. (Rampage)
A goblin marauder slashes YOU for 2225718 points of damage.          <----- ow
You have been slain by a goblin marauder!

Cleric's log:
a tamed hellclaw goes on a WILD RAMPAGE!
A tamed hellclaw punches YOU for 431875 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A tamed hellclaw punches YOU for 420469 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A tamed hellclaw punches YOU for 2192656 points of damage.          <----- ow

Druid's log:
Ro'kki goes on a RAMPAGE!
Ro'kki crushes YOU for 2620156 points of damage.             <------ ow
You have been slain by Ro'kki!

Warrior's log:
a sarnak blackhand slashes for 706598
a sarnak blackhand slashes for 413742
a sarnak blackhand executes a FLURRY of attacks on Kruciel!
a sarnak blackhand slashes for 1180606                                     <----------- holy shit
a sarnak blackhand bashes for 1
Kruciel goes into a berserker frenzy!
a sarnak blackhand slashes for 543361
a sarnak blackhand executes a FLURRY of attacks on Kruciel!
You have been slain by a sarnak blackhand!
50% + 11% + 15% stonewalls active for that^ don't make fun of me, I'll uprade to IG soon! I'm not missing Halloween again dammit!

Ya... those guys don't play. The rest of them are a pushover though.

Also, I've killed roughly 10 named now, and 2 chests (both empty). No spells yet. Nobody I've talked to so far has found any.

Decided to give the Sarnak Fort a try again after zerging through the ranger camp. I'm easily able to tank 10-20 of these guys, as long as there are only 1-2  blackhand in the pile. I see a lot of melee's for 120k to 200k and 450k to 1.1 mil from the blackhands. Very different from pulling a camp of orcs who average 450k and two types of mobs that average 800k-1mil !!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 03:55:58 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2015, 03:49:51 pm »

Also, can we just /delete the mass of NPCs fighting each other? The 900+ NPCs in zone seem to be the cause of the UI bugs (thanks Blarr for the discovery). There are also at least 100 things on my map listed as "Something" that might be causing a lot of the stress on mq2. Nobody, and i mean NOBODY is ever going to kill that pack of 50v50 fighting each other in a massive pile. Just dealing with 50 skeles + 3 guards in t9 is a big nono. The only way I deal with undead swarms in t9 is 1: proxy aggro by standing near them, getting on their hatelist, and waiting for the guards to DIE and then have the undead run alllllllll the way back to my camp, guard free or 2: constantly typing /time when i know it's almost 11pm in-game, and being at the befallen tunnel as they spawn to aggro all of them before the cluster-fuck of NPC vs NPC can begin.

And as for the large spiders in t9, people just avoid them because they're too much of a headache. NPC vs NPC just makes all of the mobs behave in a perma rooted fashion, and swing wildly at their closest target. It is not good  Undecided

But the main problem is too many labels in the zone for mq2 to process on the map at once (mobs and invisible mobs)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 04:05:26 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2015, 04:20:39 pm »

Gnoll pathing is old ToV worthy. They'll run right past me, up a hill, back down, round the mountain and finally come to the pull spot. Usually with waaaay more mobs than I initially pulled.

I had a gnoll trap spawn aggro earlier, run away from me, up a ramp, into a bandit camp, and the bandits slaughtered all of them. Really funny  Cheesy
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2015, 06:56:56 pm »

wrong thread but.......

why was rampage made 30 min cool down? 

was at least useful every few mins to clean up the almost deads....

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2015, 06:58:06 pm »

Decided to try that massive undead pull again with all cooldowns up. Got through it, focusing the rampage beast assholes down as fast as I could. Only 3 casualties.

Zerker #1:
a ghoulish creature goes on a WILD RAMPAGE!
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1742579 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1466016 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1369876 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
You have been slain by a ghoulish creature!

Zerker #2:
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1327735 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1396876 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1051173 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)

Zerker #3:
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1673438 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
A ghoulish creature punches YOU for 1742579 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2015, 07:04:30 pm »

Tried the same pull again, no go this time. Few rampage deaths again but then this happened:

Warrior Log:
a vicious mummy hits for 730230
a vicious mummy hits for 1164660              <-----  Undecided
a vicious mummy hits for 657826
a vicious mummy hits for 440610
Kruciel goes into a berserker frenzy!
a vicious mummy hits for 785860
a dessicated zombie punches for 360507
a vicious mummy hits for 1160589            <-------   Undecided
You have been slain by a vicious mummy!
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2015, 07:13:16 pm »

wrong thread but.......

why was rampage made 30 min cool down?  

was at least useful every few mins to clean up the almost deads....

It's not a 30 minute cooldown, it's a 4 minute cooldown, that shares a lockout with MGB. Trust me, if I could move my mask to another character I would, I like rampage too.

If yours is 30 minutes without using MGB, you're missing the AAs to reduce the cooldown.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2015, 07:22:28 pm »

Bandit trap pop, 4 of the mobs perma mezzed, 1 aggro'd and still he managed to snag a kill for himself before going down.

Ranger Log:
a bandit raid leader goes on a WILD RAMPAGE!
a bandit raid leader slashes YOU for 1298280 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
a bandit raid leader slashes YOU for 1593392 points of damage. (Wild Rampage)
a bandit raid leader goes on a WILD RAMPAGE!
a bandit raid leader slashes YOU for 1785989 points of damage.
You have been slain by a bandit raid leader!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439