Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 21, 2024, 06:43:07 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Instance Costs are Excessive  (Read 12214 times)
Tollcollecter
« on: September 08, 2015, 05:53:29 pm »

X
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:59:38 pm by Tollcollecter » Logged
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »

I have been playing the on the EZ server for almost a year now and box 12 accounts, my main is Tuly. I have an issue with the availability of the FWP reward item and the excessive cost to repop/ create instances of certain zones such as Anguish, Loping Plains, Temple of Veeshan etc. I feel that newer players such as myself who lack the FWP item are at a serious disadvantage to those who possess this item. When considering the fact that donations are no longer currently be accepted I find myself at a loss to secure sustainable progression. Perhaps it is reasonable to charge 350k for an Anguish instance because a player will loot that much plat during a clear. However, when I start to realize that T8 will cost 1.5m plat to repop I wonder what the future looks like for those who do not have a FWP item?
     In my opinion, it is those who have the FWP item who make the world go round on the EZ server. Those of us, who had to do T5 with no FWP know just how powerless we are to progress independently. I find myself asking in OOC for people that could please repop my instance, or remotely create an instance for me. Fortunately 99.9% of all players on Ez are supportive nice folks who are willing to drop in and repop an instance. What can be done to alleviate this burden upon our server? My fear is becoming annoying to the community as i am able to clear zones rapidly. The price to repop instances is prohibitive and unfair. Either offer an alternative way for players to get FWP item or turn donations back on.

Here are the prices of instances past t6:
t6 - 350,000
t7 - 500,000
t8 - 1,500,000
t9 - 2,500,000

The cost of Anguish could be considered fair and perhaps even the cost for Loping Plains, However when we start talking about T8 costing 1,500,000 million plat to repop we have a serious problem.  You don't even make 1.5mil a clear in ToV; for players to have to stop what they are doing and farm plat just so they can continue to hunt in their appropriate tier is ridiculous.

Firstly, the colorized parts:
Yellow: I got my team through using almost entirely public or paid the heavy fee for a "community" raid zone (some of you remember me spamming every night for T5 runs so long as you contributed). Progress is still very possible, just not as fast as you want it.
Orange: No, they are not unfair or prohibitive. You are not entitled to instances. The instances are a luxury, luxuries cost money, luxuries are not given simply because others have them.
Red: No. Try not speaking in ultimatums, it gets more done and people shut down less. As explained in the private emails, the donations are only on while we stockpile a small fund for server expenses and Hunter's widow/son. We do not profit from this server, we do not avail ourselves of little gifts, and we do not benefit from this other than a masochistic enjoyment from keeping this server running. His widow and son see nearly ALL of the donations accepted. If you need further proof, ask Akkadius. He's the man handling that tedious busy just out of respect for the former bossman.

Secondly, the instance costs:
The costs were set by Hunter when T8 was the "end game" tier. It appears as if T9 may have been set at c**kblock pricing while it (t9) was in beta-ish when we lost him. If you had an issue with pricing, potentially starting with "I believe these are too high when you consider the zones before costing X, Y, and Z" instead of demanding and throwing out ultimatums. I may half T8 tonight and knock 500-750k from T9...but it's still end game and will stay painfully high.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 09:06:36 pm »

The way I looked at it years ago is 'man I've enjoyed this server for hundreds of hours, donating $100 for FWP is a joke compared to how much fun I've gotten out of this' Honestly, not many people made it past t6 without buying one for themselves when t7 and t8 were the current end-game zones (or joining a guild that has a few of them).

In the end, the reason I think the instance costs are 100% fair is this: If you've played here long enough to make it to those tiers, you can pay the plat or give a little back to the server that gave you months of enjoyment for free. But if the only issue is the donations being down, they'll be back up some time. They aren't down just to fuck people over.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 10:08:38 pm »

Here are the prices of instances past t6:
t6 - 350,000
t7 - 500,000
t8 - 1,500,000
t9 - 2,500,000

The cost of Anguish could be considered fair and perhaps even the cost for Loping Plains, However when we start talking about T8 costing 1,500,000 million plat to repop we have a serious problem.  You don't even make 1.5mil a clear in ToV; for players to have to stop what they are doing and farm plat just so they can continue to hunt in their appropriate tier is ridiculous.

T8 is the only one that's slightly out of line, t7 you don't 'need' to repop unless you outgear the zone dps wise. And still you could just make a 2nd instance while the first repops (4 hours) to avoid spending millions of plat for no reason. T9 you don't need to repop ever, so the price could be 10 mil and it'd still be fine. The plat drop there is insane, even surpassing t6, if you have the dps.

But even in T8's case, you could make 2-3 instances instead of repopping and just clear them all once a night until they expire, you would get your plat back still.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 10:42:39 pm »

2. New players will be able to afford their way through the game, which in turn will increase the likelihood that they will stick around.

New players can farm a few SLS and have enough plat to make instances for weeks of any zone they access to. The ability to even create an instance used to be from an item on the Noobie Vendor that cost 1 million plat. Even before the days of SLS, this was something you had to grind for just to be able to do.

I get what you're saying about wanting to repop a zone, but I stand by my opinion of 'If you're in t6 and above, you've put the time in to where buying a FWP should be something you're happy to do and not something that feels like you're being taken advantage of to shell out some cash and pay to win'

The server has been cut up and optimized towards making new players happier tenfold over the years. Dranik is the ultimate catch-up mechanic for new players to take advantage of, plenty of plat, essences, and charms every day.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 10:51:20 pm »

I may half T8 tonight

I vote add an Expensive Blue Diamond to Vulak instead  Tongue
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 11:37:15 pm »

The most obvious solution is simply to join a guild, thats the non-donation way to go about it while donations are down.

Another solution is simply to ask in /ooc or make a couple buddies w/ ppl who have them. I know me and krincle and others generally hook ppl up with citymists and lowerguks when ppl complain in /ooc about jade reavers and mith 2handers and such...

In fact, the main reason ppl know you cant remote make gukbuttom is because its a pain to make the run just to pop a freebie for a noobie....

I digress.

T7/T9 dont need repopping by progressing morals. T8 repops itself in 12, and vulak in 24. t5/t6 hurts a ton, no sugar coating that tho. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 11:49:59 pm »

YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO AN INSTANCE

SORRY..

I had written out a longer post with several points of why this angered me.. but this seems better.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2015, 02:05:22 am »

I think in the long run Tuly was asking if the costs could be reduced. I have owned a FWP for years so this really doesn't affect me but when I heard the numbers.. I was like wowzer! But.. I don't think T6 and T7 need to be changed. You can always start an instance for 350k or 500k.. clear it.. delete it and create another. I don't know what it costs for repopping but if it costs more then just delete and recreate for the lower price. For T6... at 350k isn't bad cuz if you clear all the way up and all you get is the 1 big plat chest from Jelvan and 5 from OMM.. that is more than enough to pop another. Now, T8 being at 1.5 mil and T9 being at 2.5 mil? T8 could be knocked down some.. but honestly.. if you farm T9.. you make the plat. And mobs respawn so quickly that you would have to have some of the top geared ppl in there clearing together to kill everything before you got respawns. So 2.5mil for a T9 instance that lasts 3 days... well.. if you actually spend a couple of hours farming it then you will walk away with 4mil plat easy in those few hours. Enough to create another after the 3 days end.

Yeah.. with donations being down someone can't just outright buy a FWP now but again... that is Akkadius choice and he has his reasons. He didn't say they would be down for good and I am sure he will reinstate donations again for a short time of his choosing. It is probably a headache on his part to deal with but he does it like a trooper and he and Hate don't benefit from it. We are the ones that benefit cuz it goes to keeping the server that we love going and to support the man's family that started this whole thing.

I am not above helping out others.. I will create an instance if you need and repop one if I am online. I know there are many other players that possess FWPs and quite a few that somehow cant afford machines to run more than 3 toons but have a FWP that would be willing to do the same thing to help out the community. There are ways to still enjoy the game and keep on trucking.

Just my 2 cents...

Mix
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 05:30:43 am by Mixlor » Logged
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2015, 03:29:16 am »

I'm not playing much right now (Love the server, just not feeling like logging everyone in currently) and I do not have FWP. I have more then enough plat to fuel t7-t9 instances and I'm barely in T7.
Not to mention next month (And the recent event from Akka) Halloween events are back which means that if it's anything like last year then everyone should be rolling in plat for awhile.
I've had a lot of instances made by Kruciel but at the same time I never went out and farmed SLS as a noob for plat. I usually don't put any focus on play farming unless there are special events going on and nothing else I feel like doing. I still don't have issues with instance costs.

Instance costs are fine where they are at, if you are running out of plat you probably still have PLENTY of farming you could be doing in lower tiers that will give you plenty of plat to fuel your progression AND make your team that much better.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2015, 05:43:03 am »

There are also the public instances.  I don't know of anyone grinding in public instances towards the higher end of content.  Yes it does bring train concerns into play, but giving you a "free" instance might be worth the slower clears.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2015, 09:32:45 am »

If donations down is a long-term deal, FWP purchaseable by noobie vendor for 20m?

I have one - so it's no difference to me - but I see the value in having one... whether by donating or otherwise if not available through donation.

- - -

This would diminish the value of the FWP (those that have donated have gotten years of value from it already), but would also remove the main "pay to win" aspect of the game.

Would also (possibly) stimulate the economy by adding a platsink... possible side effect.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 09:44:40 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2015, 09:51:18 am »

I may half T8 tonight and knock 500-750k from T9.
-Hate

With this one change I think the problem becomes a non issue. Even if T8 doesn't drop enough plat for the instance, the gear and essences sell very well.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2015, 01:47:41 pm »

A free waypoint is worth more than 20mil plat... come on..

if you are in t9 and killing at a decent rate you will clear 10mil a day....this is a non issue

yes in t8 you wont be able to farm it like a beast and repop it every 20 mins but guess what? the only reason you would do this would be to farm essence for UW and if you want an UW get a FWP...

Thos

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 02:49:36 pm »

This item is considered by most of the veteran players on the server to be a necessity, if i had to guess i would assume that is the most commonly donated for item on the server.  I don't have the FWP and I do want to donate for it but I'm just patiently waiting for Akkadius to re-open donations.

Here is where I get stuck with it.  Because of the above I don't think giving players an option to get in in game for platinum should be an option.  If we do make that an option we're essentially taking a decent revenue stream away from Hunters widow.  If you've played up to the point where it's needed you've dumped a ton of hours into this server.. which to be honest is probably less than 1/100th the hours Hunter put into it...just wait a little while and donate $100 for your hobby.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 187