Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 12:21:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 28787 times)
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 03:19:05 pm »

Products: Foxconn 2ADA
Platform:  Intel
Socket: 1155
Chipset: Intel H61

Models: Couldnt tell from your mobo pics, unfortunately.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 03:28:25 pm »

Try this program: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 03:42:23 pm »

TLDR, Windows 10 is unstable and has driver problems. There's a reason it's free. You're basically beta testing their unfinished piece of shit OS. Don't upgrade yet.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 07:03:15 pm »

Sorry, but I have to disagree. Windows 10 for me has been bulletproof. Any issues I have had have been minimal and usually a result of out of date hardware/software. Windows 10 IMO is a win, which MS needed after the crapfest that was Windows 8.

The issues Orth is having are, as far as I can tell, the result of his hardware (I've had Foxconn boards, never will again....I still think the Foxconn suicides were a result of embarrassment).

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 07:12:37 pm »

which MS needed after the crapfest that was Windows 8.

Still using Windows 7  Grin
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »

Gotta agree with Chunka here - Windows 10 has been absolutely wonderful for me. From a GUI and functionality standpoint. Love it. I tolerated windows 8.1 (I less than tolerated Windows 8 ). Windows 7 was good, but I couldn't go back after having used 10. Absolutely zero problems from my end.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 09:59:01 pm »

I miss windows XP.

~The Thanatos Instinct~
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 06:34:20 am »

Windows 98 with the exploder shell removed was the best OS I have ever used....but Win 10 is pretty damned good. MS removed a lot of the bloated crap that plagued 8, and even to an extent 7.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 04:38:25 pm »

the options on chipset on foxxconn website are:
B75
H61
H67
P67
Q67
Q77
Z68
Z75
Z77

Where on the board would I find this?
 Huh

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Drep

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 10:21:49 am »

Isn't figuring your own hardware issues out fun for you?   No?   I mean come on, figuring out your own hardware issues is part of the fun of owning a computer.   If only there was a guide that would walk you through it step by step.    lol   I'm just poking fun at the irony of the situation man.  Smiley   Just having fun.  haha

Drep (War),  Wudd (Cleric), Mdydar (Monk)
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2015, 02:58:16 pm »

Found this on HP wesite, could be your MB
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c03135925

Bios updates should be on drivers screen for your model PC, example pic below
Hope it helps

Edit
I would be better getting direct from board manufacturer, but from what I can see, these boards are made by Foxconn for HP, and even branded HP
But double/triple check before update, also attached a bit of a better board pic, see if same, has the model name above memory slots
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 03:18:15 pm by Aeryn » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 06:42:04 pm »

Think I will just see about taking it to the geek squad at Best Buy or something.... Angry

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 11:31:35 pm »

In all honesty....what those fuggers will charge you will most probably buy you a real motherboard. From there its not hard at all to set up your own system that actually works.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6BM35M6951 is a lower priced decent option.....or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131836R.

Prebuilt PC's are the devil, Bobby Boucher!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 11:40:09 pm by Chunka » Logged

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 11:41:23 pm »

Prebuilt PC's are the devil, Bobby Boucher!

I wish I still had a picture of the old HP Compact Cases circa late 90's (not Compaq) ugh trying to modify anything on that rig was like trying to solve a Rubix Cube as a one-armed old blind drunk man. You had to literally unscrew parts and unfold the shelves that held the Power supply to even reach the mobo. What a nightmare... Ever since my experience with one of those, I've always bought the biggest towers I can find. As much room inside as possible, I don't give 2 shits how it looks or how big it is for traveling.
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 04:14:15 am »

Oh, and we already know the chipset on your board is an H61....we just dont know which model. Usually the first few letters of your SN will tell what model you have, but "MXU" doesnt correspond to one. There IS an MX, and an MXV....perhaps its one of those.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)