Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 05:37:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Author Topic: Server being retarded  (Read 18692 times)
Denzig

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2015, 09:36:36 am »

Getting the same error on all toons, on all computers. Tried a few things on my end to no avail.

Denzig <STONE>
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2015, 09:41:47 am »

It's not just us, it's EQ Emu problem, cannot connect to any server at all at the moment. Drajor already contacted them. Yay Drajor  Cool
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2015, 08:10:01 pm »

Ground to a halt with 3k ping in anguish guild instance.  No idea what was different from when I left to visit my folks and when I came back.  Did 5 or 6 runs this morning with 0 lag and came back to same instance and was facing that monster ping.  I quickly resigned Wink  niters all.

Akkadius
Administrator
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2015, 01:11:04 pm »

As I've mentioned before in /ooc, I need a commonality cause and effect for these lag issues that occur.

If I don't have any cause and effect to go off of, it's a complete shot in the dark.

It's especially strange since these started occurring only recently, and with what changes I've observed, they don't have any relation
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 04:29:57 pm by Akkadius » Logged

EZ Server GM
littlelongbeard

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2015, 02:24:51 pm »

I have had lag spike while combing tokens in airplane and turning in the tokens. Then I get lag when I start pulling mobs. Then it is random and I just get lag when I stand around in a zone and things stop responding.

Tankbeard .... and many other bearded toons
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 02:34:13 pm »

Issues I've seen recently are:

Ever since the source update when AAs were revamped, I get a massive spike while receiving xp messages during swarm killing (HoH / Anguish) This used to happen long ago, but Hunter or somebody had put something in to smooth it out and reduce the lag effect of killing 100+ mobs at once. As soon as the AA update hit, it returned.

Expeditions crashing upon creation, resulting in the instance looping and failing (how fast / frequently it's trying I don't know) When it occurs, I have to use Character Mover to get my warrior out, issue an #e destroy and then it lets me log other character on, booting them to their bind locations.

Qvic FPS lag. This one has been a mystery to many of us for a long time. Sometimes, when zoning into a Qvic (pub or instance), as soon as you aggro 10-15 mobs FPS grinds down to 5. If you aggro 20-25+, it goes down to 2-3 FPS. More than 50 mobs and you can't even move. At first, I thought this may have been the mq2fps plugin being wonky. But after disabling it completely, the issue still occurs. I have seen this bug for years on two different machines and 3 different clients. When the FPS drop occurs, there is 0 strain on my GPU, 0 strain on my CPU, 0 strain on my RAM. It literally drops to 0 FPS for no reason, based on how many mobs are chasing you at the time. I am clueless on how to further test this issue  Shocked
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2015, 05:36:03 pm »

Just created an instance and entered with 18 characters at once, server hit a large spike at the same exact time I hit the /bcaa //say enter guild kruciel lopingplains command in, followed by an /ooc eruption. I'm not one for coincidences, but it seems to be pointing to instance creation. Trying to get my characters out of zone, as it's too lagged out inside to do much of anything.

Gated out, deleted it, remade instance. Sent the warrior in alone to open the instance up, then sent the crew in afterwards. Could it be something related to you sending a ton of characters into an instance that is currently unpopulated?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 05:53:17 pm by Kruciel » Logged
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2015, 06:11:28 pm »

Just logged into anguish with all my chars.  About the 3rd pull the lag starts and about 4 of my chars fall minutes behind with whats going on.   
Lets call the lagged behind char Player "L" and a character that's current with whats going on character "C".
Characters L and C both can move about the screen and see each others movements as I move them. 
If character L tries to trade something with character C, nothing happens on character L's screen but character C gets a trade window.
If character C tries to trade with character L then nothing happens at all. 

If nothing combat related is going on and character L is caught up then he is fine.  Once I pull and the combat window starts blowing up again then it slowly lags behind.  Its as if the combat information is coming in at a much slower rate  on characters L's screen as opposed to character C.    Also some chars are lagged behind worse then others.  Ill keep trying different things to change it up and keep digging.  This lag has made it unplayable for me at peak times the last few days.  I might have to start playing at the early morning hours when I never see this lag issue.

..Kroggia..
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2015, 06:52:19 pm »

I did some t5 last night with a crew of 4 and had zero problems.. created instance and zoned all in.. 2 of my chars had a slightly elevated ping in the 190 range but my main was the normal 123

/not sure if this is of any use

WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2015, 07:05:06 pm »

trying to zone is so horrible atm.
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2015, 07:13:46 pm »

Yeah... went from 30ms to 800ms on a zone still over 600ms atm.
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2015, 07:44:37 pm »

def having problems back at it again.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2015, 07:58:47 pm »

I was grinding in t6 when people began saying they were catching lag in their instances.  I myself saw no real change to my grind.  I finished t6 and went to head to t7, created instance, zoned in 17.  Ping shot to 4300 on main box.  I did a couple lag pulls just to see if it would right itself or ping would stabilize, it did not.  For the moment it appears as though it is a lotto for me.  sometimes I zone in and everything is super smooth, other times I can't move; much like what Kru was describing during Qvic runs.  I can't tell what is being done differently from one zone to the next.

barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »

Shit has seemed to be getting laggy really bad since the last T10 beta and the eventual tweaks(if any were made) after it ended. 

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Openwounds

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »

Took a break for about a half hour then logged in all my chars in and before doing anything 3 of them were super lagged.  Once the lag starts its there till the server can catch up.   Will try to get in as much playtime before the server overloads with people tomorrow. 

..Kroggia..
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 95
  • Online Ever: 8678