Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 25, 2024, 09:17:51 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Author Topic: Drake is Fixed, EXP / SoA are...not so fixed.  (Read 40112 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2015, 04:48:39 pm »

Already solved that with my crystal solution. No nerf necessary. In fact, if you want to keep it exclusive by tier and toon, make the crystals no drop.

Also, I know you don't give a F about your AAs... that was my point.

Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2015, 05:02:37 pm »

Just because I do not care about my AAs does not reflect my decision to say OK. I do not agree with making RoA take 3x the time it took for others. If this change were to take place, I'd say the RoA prices definitely have to take a hit as well to fall into place, but not by 1/3. Just by being able to open the doors to AA's in other zones will make it twice as easy for the average player. I'm not some head-held-high egotistical shithead that thinks "haha ya i'm done, screw those guys let them eat nerfs" The Exp simply has to be changed for the good of the server. If RoA got its price cut in half, exp % items got cut by 1/3, the rest of that would more than be offset by being able to make the other zones not completely suck.

I put it in color for you this time, so maybe you can fucking see it, since I've already stated this over and over and over.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2015, 05:07:20 pm »

I believe this is the end of the constructive feedback. As a result, locking the thread to prevent further pissing.

tl;dr - AAXP will only work for AAs, Ring of the Ages, Mask of the Ages, and Earring of the Ages. New ___ of the Ages will use different systems/forms of progression as AAXP is simply not viable for meaningful gains outside of explosively large values (which, like our HP/Damage situation, is not good).

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2015, 05:08:40 pm »

What's wrong with using crystals? Seems like a massive massive headache to redo every AA cost system if we could just add progressively more no drop crystals to higher tiers?

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2015, 06:18:47 pm »

Thanks Hate for keeping us informed. When you go to make this change you probably will have to break it down barney style for some of us. The readjustment of aa costs for ages items should keep it from killing newer players progression and eliminate the complaints.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2015, 06:30:46 pm »

I believe this is the end of the constructive feedback. As a result, locking the thread to prevent further pissing.

tl;dr - AAXP will only work for AAs, Ring of the Ages, Mask of the Ages, and Earring of the Ages. New ___ of the Ages will use different systems/forms of progression as AAXP is simply not viable for meaningful gains outside of explosively large values (which, like our HP/Damage situation, is not good).

-Hate
Hate,
Our explosively large values are what makes this server so much fun Smiley yes it's harder to deal with I can imagine but that was hunters vision as I saw it.
Thanks for keeping the server going with new content and stuff as well as fixing these issues.
I think krucial hit on why this thread turned into what it did, people are seeing nerf as that's really what was discussed more so than the problem at hand and solutions.

I know your time is valuable but maybe in a different thread you could show a simplified example of the current exp scaling and how the exp buffs and reward items are currently effecting AAEXP. Then show how it would scale properly with the new AAEXP from mobs and the lowered AA buff values.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 06:35:58 pm by Warbash » Logged

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 111