Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 12:25:36 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Drake is Fixed, EXP / SoA are...not so fixed.  (Read 43048 times)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2015, 11:03:55 pm »

why not put a cap on lvls that can get the xp buff have to be 71 to get 100+ 72 to get 300+ etcs ... i agree that having a huge amount of aa req for next of ages item should be what happens. i think it should be rk 1-100 like roa get it close to t7 then make it like 100k per rank and a gsoa every 25 and 500k aa ranks up to 1k
make it worth the farm but a dread to get. then you can choose to dump in mask or new item (i hope wrist). where as many have not gotten much past 350% rymo has been at it for 6+ months and he still has tons more aa's to get even with his bonus. rymo's mask may break low lvl server but you can fix that by putting a lvl require to receive the buff.

Sadly, there isn't a way to do the bonus cap without some possibly lag-adding "features". Given the current source issue(s), more lag is not quite what we want. I understand Rymo has been rocking out like a monster and he will still be a good bit ahead of the rest even after a change.

As it stands, RoA and EoA cost will need to go up or EXP bonuses will need to go down. It's simply too high. I understand this seems sudden and out-of-the-blue, but this came with me more diligently checking logs and seeing some breaking 80k AAXP a day (without crystals and with ~500-600% exp bonuses). Once some get 750-1000% bonuses, it is going to be MUCH higher. :-(

-Hate
Hate,
That's a bit of an extreme response to a reasonable question I think.
Look at it this way, you purchase a thing said to do xyz. Then that thing will no longer do what it was said to do when purchased. True you got the promised result for a certain period of time but that was with the expectation of that said result for the duration of ownership.
If you want to strip the AA's I got for having it, be my guest. I'd rather have the credits back. If you do, please calculate all the AA crystals I have used to level my ring and the amount of times I have died and forgot to rebuff it etc...

And to those saying you could grind out roa1k in 50 hours, I don't have a 1k exp and don't find mindless grinding in Anguish to be very rewarding. I don't have server numbers but I'd hazard a guess that those doing that are the exception not the rule. So what if you can get roa 100 easy, it's hardly game breaking.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2015, 11:17:31 pm »

Warbash,

You are wanting me to refund you the cost of an item, you got plenty of use of, at full price. My issue isn't that you aren't thrilled with the changes. I'm TOTALLY fine with discourse and discussion, but basically you're saying that because you made a donation to help keep this ship sailing, you are entitled to keeping an item(s) locked in time, regardless of how absurdly problematic it may be.

Potentially, we could compromise on this. Would you be interested if the Easy Experience items became a GROUP buff (not MGB friendly, I'm not that insane...) instead of a self only? I would have to attach a cooldown of sorts, but it could be group usable AND persist through death.

Thoughts?

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2015, 11:20:32 pm »

Hate i'm going to try and make this as simple as possible.

you really have 2 options here and they both aren't great.

1) you can go back and "fix" all the issue of a progression server by back dating and adjusting content to make new content harder (i don't only mean mask but like mit stacking etc)

2)you can find ways to adjust for the bull$h1t that is in place and try to work around it. As you can see a good number of us would rather see high number of aa's required for new "of ages" item.  This is because 1 we can farm the mask till we feel we have it at a point where it to move on to something else and then come back to it. 2) we have dumped so much time into it to not only see our work cut by 1/3 but now it's 3x as hard to get the numbers we were before.

I know there are maxed players me kru rymo etc that do play regularly and we skew your numbers, but lately i have to say i have seen a good uptick in the number of players that have started playing on this server. Seems as the economy is "starting" to pick back up and i would say at least 1-2 players seem to be starting every week. when is the last time we have seen this?  the problem with progression is it gets easier to back farm the farther along you get. make the new eoa item start in t10? make it high # of aa i think the eoa should have stayed at 50k a rank. i think you could utilize the new players and the direction that we are going instead of trying to revert back. I think 1000 rks of a new item would be great with a gsoa every 25 or 50... make the drop rates on gsoa higher in t9+
this would also increase the desire for uni poop.

all in all hate it is your choice it is your time... me and a lot of folks would rather see you put your time into new content.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2015, 11:29:37 pm »

Built 35 quest items, been mathing out quest turn ins, writing the quest dialogues, and been bull@#%@ing with a few people in game the whole time. I can make this change in under 5 minutes, I'm just checking back for discussion. Implying that my chatty activity here is cockblocking new content is a fairly incorrect. :-)

Additionally, you face another problem that no one seems to care about until it's too late. You can and will roll over AAs at one point. No one seems to care that at one point, you will simply lose you AAs. At this point, highly tempted to set costs to explosively high and watch the QQ train of "we can't do this without Easy EXP or Mask 100"...to which I'll laugh and say the same as I said for HG in T9 breaking Zerka, "oh well".

I don't want to be the guy that just lets the kid stick the fork in the light socket...but it seems that is what may need to happen.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2015, 02:47:10 am »

Bringing down the amount of exp per rank is going to hinder newer players more than existing ones, why not just set it so rank 350 is 350% but it caps there, and after that starts giving heroic stats. Say bring a rank 800 in line with T10 mask, 900 in line with a T11 and 1k in line with a T12. That gives people a reason to work it up on all their boxes, giving them a reason to dump aa's, but it wont be brokenly overpowered.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2015, 03:02:45 am »

lol, we're definitely a fork-in-light-socket crowd.

It's just a matter of which band-aid to rip off. It's not going to be pleasant, but it does need to be done.

As WYD pointed out, an increase in need for rainbows would stimulate the economy a tad. So at least thats a small win.

I'd love to halve the masks and cap it at 250 or 300, but that doesnt address the problem.

Selfishly i'd love another ages or some AA type vendor for overflow. But i'd even laugh at myself if I suggested some sort of SLS or EON for AA type hive queen. Thats not happening.

As for Kruciel's earlier statement, i maxxed Kiwis at 1k ROA a week or two ago and his 'oh $#!+' emergency xp mask is already at 135%. It's pretty durn quick.

As far as the donation issues, I think a rough % of credit value to be determined by management would be more than fair for the recent xp purchases. Hell recent-purchase XP reward items has got to be a small enough number to be a case-by-case thing anyways.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2015, 03:06:20 am »

As an aside, I'd like to point out that people like Rymo and Harthek grinded their way up to obscene masks without the benefit of obscene masks, so if anyone deserves grandfather clauses of any type, it'd be the early mask raisers, who pumped in worlds more kills than later slackers like me lol.

oh and p.s. Double XP weekends would be like winning ten cents in the lottery. Wink
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 06:42:44 am by Ponzi » Logged

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2015, 03:23:01 am »

私の名前が何回か挙がっているので、コメントします。

Google翻訳を使って読んでみました。
Max 1000%から350%に?

マスククエストは、Hunter存命時に導入されたものでした。
確か、Hunterは言いました、”私はNexusでプレイヤーがEXP buffをMGBをする、または売買する事をイメージしている。”
Hunter死後、私はメイングループのキャラでRoA1000を達成し、Earringも50になりました。

EXPマスクは、Hunterからの最後の挑戦状です。
私はこれを達成しようと思いました。
導入当初、私はRank1000まで何年かかるのかと思いました。
しかし現在すでにRank830。少しだけゴールが見えてきました。

Rank500を超えた頃、私はこのEXPボーナスは高すぎだと思いました。
(他のプレイヤーに対して、無償で)
MGBは1日に1回、もしくは2回で十分だろうと考えました。
そして、私はそうしてきました。しばしば0回の時もありました。

ですが、自分のキャラに対しては、それまでの時間と苦労に見合ったEXPボーナスです。
MGBを行う時、自分のキャラに対してのみ、830% buff(Rankと同じパーセンテージのボーナス)は可能でしょうか?
あるいは同じギルドメンバー。

----------------------------------------------------------------

Since my name has been raised several times, I will comment.

I tried to read by using the Google translation.
From Max 1000% to 350%?

Mask Quest, it was what was introduced at the time of Hunter alive.
Indeed, Hunter told, "I have the image of that player to the MGB the EXP buff, or buying and selling in the Nexus."
Hunter after death, I achieved a RoA1000 in the character of the main group, Earring now also 50.

EXP mask is the last challenge from Hunter.
I thought I'd achieve this.
Introduced initially, I I think many years take of up to Rank1000.
But now already Rank830. I have seen the goal a little bit.

When I was beyond the Rank500, I thought this EXP bonus that he too high.
(Relative to the other players, at no charge)
MGB I thought it would be enough once a day, or twice.
And, I've been so. There was often time of 0 times.

But, for my character, it is EXP bonus that is commensurate with the difficulty and the time until then.
When performing the MGB, only for his character, What possible 830% buff? (Rank same percentage as the bonus)
Or the same guild members.

Traslated by Google

78 Warrior Rymo
from Japan
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2015, 03:29:34 am »

As I sat here reading through posts.
A little thought my head did host.

Okay I already give up on making it all into a poem.

ANYWAY. How about you keep the 1000 ranks, first 100 ranks will give 1% per and then after that split 250% exp between the next 500 ranks, then for the last 400 ranks have it add 1 second duration every 2 ranks?

This way it caps out at 350% so it's not so high that it's breaking everything, the first 100% will go buy pretty quickly so it doesn't suck the entire way, and it's got a nice bonus on it after the first 600 ranks, could even still split the remaining 250% between the last 900 ranks (I just figured 500 was good since that meant 1% more every other rank).
This also gives the benefit of allowing people to rebuff it if you die with it on (Assuming you managed to live for the first hour).

Also, bringing down the rank is not going to hinder new players at all.  You can get up through all the tiers without needing the max to help your RoA out.  It just makes it easier and that's it.
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2015, 05:54:09 am »

Rank 800 over only me.
It is exceptional.
It does not matter even if you ignore my post.
I just only wrote my emotion.
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2015, 06:03:57 am »

Bran, you magnificent bastard..

I like the duration idea.

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2015, 06:33:48 am »

I think the only solution is to break VT again and make it affect ONLY my augs.

hope this helps

Grin

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2015, 09:24:31 am »

Rank 800 over only me.
It is exceptional.

This nerf only effects me, you little noobs.
So much work went into this, it's crazy.
I don't care what you do Hate, I ain't even mad.
I just wrote my feelings on the matter, do what you want to.

Translated Rymo for you guys since he is my friend  Wink and I speak Rymo <3
Darinow

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2015, 10:07:08 am »

Rank 800 over only me.
It is exceptional.

This nerf only effects me, you little noobs.
So much work went into this, it's crazy.
I don't care what you do Hate, I ain't even mad.
I just wrote my feelings on the matter, do what you want to.

Rofl.  Good work Kru...and <3 Rymo.

Translated Rymo for you guys since he is my friend  Wink and I speak Rymo <3
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2015, 10:18:20 am »

<3 Rymo - haiku master
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 10:22:16 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to: