Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2024, 10:35:26 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Drake is Fixed, EXP / SoA are...not so fixed.  (Read 43037 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2015, 10:36:07 am »

LOL OMG
spuddson

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2015, 11:10:10 am »

Hate i vote if you do change the Mask mechanics swing your nerf mallet that the mask is renamed for whom has grinded the most

"Rymos mask of experience"

But i do hope it isn't changed xx
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2015, 11:22:17 am »

Overall, was considering making the mask effect persist through death, some stats on mask, and likely something else to make it worth while.

At this point, piss on it. The next ?OA item will simply involve farming/grinding/etc without using AAXP. Let'em stack up, rollover, and be wasted. Since change is so heavily protested against, I'll leave it be and find a new way to timesink the next ___ of the Ages item.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2015, 11:49:12 am »

I think persisting through death would be a nice bonus/compromise.

Not sure the client allows this, but maybe have it be on a chance to cast the original amount, the other 99% of the time it casts the new one.

Maybe have the lottery buff last twice as long too.

I think unicorn poop has really driven the uptick in AA's serverwide, leaving it as is and having some crazy conversion into unicorn poop with a corresponding drop rate reduction in unicorn poop might solve the AA problem.

I also think the making reward item group would be amazing.

Renaming tiers of the mask based on server folks would also be cool.

Adding stats could make it worthwhile as well.

Or add a Rymo NPC that once per day/week/month whatever will do the original buff MGB in the nexus.

Even though the server is work, doesn't mean we can't have some fun solutions
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2015, 11:58:16 am »

Could you make the mask at what lvl you choose only be casted in a certain zone and flag that for only t9 and up to use?  If it is breaking the system change it, end of discussion about change.  Lets find some compromise for added goodies for the effort or change the aa amounts... Then add something different for the reward item to make it unique.. since most of those would be on the main warrior.
Momentum

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2015, 12:03:24 pm »

Or add a Rymo NPC that once per day/week/month whatever will do the original buff MGB in the nexus.

This is getting off topic of the real issue but it would be fun. Make it random like the Ancient Dragon. "An Experienced Rymo appears" Five min later he shouts to the nexus something like "Experience my emotions!" and casts a experience buff.
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2015, 12:07:43 pm »

Adydar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2015, 12:32:27 pm »

I wonder how the mask wasn't game shaking at least from the get go, 1000% xp bonus is insanity.

Hate, for the good of the server, piss people off now, they'll get over it and everyone will be back to happy again.

Seriously, it makes no sense to let it continue on in it's current form if it's been determined that the item is over powered and causing issues for development moving forward.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2015, 12:40:32 pm »

On the other side though - at the late game, xp isn't THAT important, as the RoA has diminishing returns after a certain point. It's SUPER good early though. Perhaps a level cap? or something to the effect of:

1-70 max xp buff = x
71 max xp buff = x

Where Rymo's 700%xp buff would buff a level 50 character @ only the level limited amount, but would buff a T9 at the full amount.

IDK just a thought.

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2015, 12:51:45 pm »

<3 Rymo - haiku master

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Skitzy

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2015, 12:59:31 pm »

What if the buff was randomized for everyone but the caster, and potentially his group?

For example, the owner of the mask (and potentially his group)will always receive the maximum effect of the xp buff. For everyone else that the buff lands on, they receive a random do buff, something between 100% - the maximum effect, assuming the mask is above the 100%xp threshold.  

Anything under 100% could be randomized between 1% - the max buff for simplicity, or simply make it so that anything under 100% is self and/or group only. Once you reach 100% the mask is then mgb-able with anyone outside of your 6man group receiving a random amount of xp through the buff.

That would certainly slow down the xp gained for anyone that does not have the mask for themselves, but still leave the owner of the mask with the full benefit, it would even slow down people that box multiple groups as they'd have to decide who they want to recieve the full effect of the buff, the others would still gain an xp buff, but it would be random so there's a chance that they only recieve an 238% buff instead of an 830% buff.  While here's also the chance that they're lucky and recieve the full 830% still.

Not sure how feasible that would be from a coding standpoint, but it's another option that might be accepted by a larger majority or players (hopefully)?  Sent from my phone, will proof read and edit typos later Smiley
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:16:43 pm by Skitzy » Logged

- Skittzy
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2015, 01:01:43 pm »

On the other side though - at the late game, xp isn't THAT important

If this were true, nobody would care about losing their masks Tongue and also RoA may scale harder and harder sure, but the stats start scaling higher and higher, faster and faster (HP + HP Regen) Doesn't really change the fact that Hate can see how many AA's a team earns per hour or per day. The values he's seeing make the RoA look like a joke, but these are warriors with full gear that are biting and clawing to reach the end of the Earring line. Honestly, it's the design of the Earring that causes this, by having the effect doubled from 49 to 50. Once somebody reaches the halfway mark on their Ear, they enter a farming frenzy to finish it. This is the level of AA Hate is seeing being achieved: 80k AAs per day for just a few hours of grind.

Beating a dead horse into the ground: the extreme AA farming is only possible from farming Anguish. BUT, if things change with the masks, it's possible Hate could LARGELY raise the base AA awarded in zones like t7, t8, t9, t10 WITHOUT breaking the game. Currently, if he were to do this in a way that would allow AA to even come close to matching Anguish, you would earn negative AAs because the game can't handle it. This is one of the two big reasons the Mask is not going to fit in the end.
Rymo

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2015, 01:19:39 pm »

Rank 800 over only me.
It is exceptional.
It does not matter even if you ignore my post.
I just only wrote my emotion.

> Rank 800 over only me.

The meaning of "such a crazy guy at the moment's just me, so good to ignore."

Translated by Google.

hard to english...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 01:23:01 pm by Rymo » Logged
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2015, 01:29:11 pm »

Another thing to keep in perspective. There is a BIGGGGG difference between getting a high xp buff and going nuts for an hour vs owning a high xp buff and having it on your entire raid PERMANENTLY. What's life like after being done with both AA items currently you might ask? Well, I haven't touched Anguish, I haven't done mass killing of any kind for my team aside from Dranik / Bloodmoon every day, Tier 8 for about 10 hours, and Tier 9 for about 5 hours in the past month. In the very limited grinding I have done, I've already reached 900k AA's on my entire raid without so much as thinking about AA's. This is one of the things considered 'broken' about the mask. That's almost half of the entire RoA. There's no way I could buy enough GSoAs to contend with this and try to spend them, nor would I even try to.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2015, 01:49:53 pm »

I have an xp mask at 311 currently;

I have very little interest is farming a mask to 1000% now.... or ever...

It may happen but I don't care when or how...

We as a small group of people that play this game must be flexible in our thinking.

I would be extremely frustrated to see the mask at 300 rank only give an xp bonus of 100%

I do understand and accept that it must change.

So that leaves us with a few choices.. some of which suck...or all suck...their is sucking going on for sure..

1. we can not have a 1000%xp mask in game
2. we have an item in game currently that in a short time will be this
3. the longer we delay the more this is going to be a problem

if we can all agree on this being true then we can look at solutions.

1. remove the item
2. alter the item
3. do nothing

I think we can all agree that we  would as a group prefer either option 2 or option 3

alter the item;

1. mgb yes/no?
2. xp%+/-
3. stats +/-
4. quest requirements ??

1. should the item available with MGB? I personaly feel it should at whatever value HB settles on.
2. XP%   1000% is to much ...800% to much? I have heard 350% thrown around... if 350% is not game breaking then set it to max of 350%;
3. Should the mask have stats? I think yes
4. should we change the requirements to level the mask? be it gsoa, SLS, or sacrificing a gnome... I do not care on this one... add stuff or dont... its fine either way. We could ask essence... so mask 1-50 requires qvic, 51-100 requires ct, ect ect... or any breakdown like this.. adds cost....makes it harder for people to get when they start... I would hate to see GSOA added to anything I have managed to beg, borrow and steal a total of 22 of these stones in the last year.... only a handful of them looted by me.... At this point my great grandchildren will see a team with full 50 earrings. You could even add a quest as a level check like i dunno... However if you wanted to add the stone of impotence to the required items that would be fine...that shit only stacks to 10 and its taking up bag space I could be using for anguish essence...

whatever HB decides to do Rymo and his twinks buddies are going to have to lose the mask they currently hold.   and that sucks... sorry

so the TL;DR version  is!

Reduce mask bonus to 350% MAX and add some stats to make it wearable at all times (or make it an aug...) and look at adding some cost to the mask and changing the process we use to get it to level up.

suggested stats are HP/AC/DS/ATK/RESISTS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061