Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 04:38:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EQBCS  (Read 5746 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2015, 07:35:57 am »

Getting issues with eqbc this morning....cant get it to connect (first time it ALWAYS works) message is:
Waiting for connections on ports: 2112...

Worked yesterday.  Any ideas? Nothing changed...maybe I need to restart my computer again...let me try that first.

ok restarting seemed to help but am having issues with login server this morning....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 07:43:53 am by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:18:20 am »

I dont want to get you off track, but that very same thing has been happening to me since all this server lag has started. I have no clue how it's related or why but 60% of my toons won't connect. I use the IP address of the server and lock it down so it does not change. I never had good luck with the generic 10.0.0.27 or what ever.

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 12:29:42 pm »

The loopback address is 127.0.0.1

This should work regardless of your ip. EQBC is strictly run within your machine, you aren't actually using anything related to the internet to run it.

But on the other hand, eqbc runs thru mq2, mq2 runs thru your EQ client. So EZ pooping itself could theoretically block your character from connecting if it stalls out some of your clients hard enough.

And on that note, EZ's lag problems as of late aren't related to internet or bandwidth at all. Something running on the server is breaking and causing the CPU of the server to go under heavy load, then max load, resulting in it stalling out all zones / instances running on that particular core of the CPU. (This is just how I interpreted what Akka said, it may not be fully accurate, but the part about it not being internet related is the main theme)
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 01:38:20 pm »

Thanks Kru Smiley I know they are not related directly but the server issues and my eqbc and just general login issues has coincided conveniently.

In theory, if the server is spazzing out it could be sending spam packets to end user causing an oveoad on their bandwidth no? That would make sense given the above issue.

Puts tinfoil hat on "we are under attack"

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2015, 01:50:24 pm »

That could be, but I'm seeing different amounts of lag attributed to different clients in the same zone. Some are 1 second behind, some are 30+ seconds behind. All the while, some zones, running on other parts of the server, remain untouched. That's why you see about 30% of the players online go OMG LAGGGGGGGGG at the same time, while many others seems just fine. I've been tin-foiling on ideas to what's been causing it nonstop.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2015, 02:25:53 pm »

Well hopefully the lag issue will be fixed by Halloween week...would suck to have taken that week off with no Halloween-goodness to show for it. Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2015, 03:41:31 pm »

Well hopefully the lag issue will be fixed by Halloween week...would suck to have taken that week off with no Halloween-goodness to show for it. Shocked

I hear ya man.  This huge amount of lag right before Halloween, it doesn't sit well with me.  My wife is already pissed that I am taking off a couple of days for it.  LoL  Maybe she is behind it?HuhHuh?    Hate are you conspiring with my wife to ruin Halloween?   ARE YA?Huh?  HUH ARE YA ! !?!??!!??!    LoL   JK      Keep up the good work, I know you and Akk will get it figured out. 
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 106
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)