Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:43:01 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Print
Author Topic: Post-T10 Grocery List! 12-2-15  (Read 66197 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2015, 12:03:01 pm »

I kind of like the idea of it just adding some type of proc to your attacks. That way, it will never feel 'required' but still provides a slight benefit. No matter how you slice it, putting even 1% stonewall on SM or IG is landing it in that category. If stonewall reduction goes forward, sure it'll be much less powerful.

If the proc was a rune, it'd either be too strong for new players and do nothing at all for people in the final tier. If it was a self-heal, perhaps it could be balanced a bit to scale off charms and be a small benefit to everyone. Even if it has to be a small heal that wouldn't matter to the people in t10. As long as it can help newer players without being too strong, and have the necessity of them slowly wane off as they progress up and up, that'd be pretty cool.

Or perhaps instead of giving them a proc or stonewall, they could simply give (Max HP Change), say 3% on SM and 5% on IG, and Arcing Demon could be redesigned (because nobody uses that thing on any character anyways)
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2015, 05:33:26 am »

It would be fantastic if the Ultimate Weapon quest line scaled correctly.  As it stands now, you arent powerful enough to start the quest until T5/T6-ish.  And when you do finally start the UW quest line, the rewards are not worth using until you level the UW to 5 or 6ish.  No one actually uses the lower levels of the UW's, they just bank them until they get worked higher and are worth using.  Seems like such a waste.

It would be great if you could actually earn your UW as you progress through the tiers:
- Progress characters to Qvic
- UW1 quest is obtainable at this tier, and the reward is useful (ie better than epic at this tier)

- Progress characters to CT
- UW2 quest is obtainable at this tier, and the reward is useful (ie better than epic at this tier)
- etc

The only way I can see this working is replace the EoN for the first 5 tiers of the UW with something obtainable at that level.  And moving the EoFS to the appropriate zone (ie: EoFS1 should be moved to Qvic with same spawn/drop chance).  This would make progression more linear on the server, instead of working your characters to tier 5/6 then stopping and going back to backfill the missing UW.
UW isn't a necessity to progress from qvic to t9 in any way shape or form, it's meant to be an end game weapon that you farm later, if you choose to farm it earlier that entirely your choice, but the time money and investment pre t6 into a uw is often a huge waste of time and limited plat resources, the higher tier you are, the easier it is to farm UW, not to mention the fact the people that did decide to go uw earlier the uw itself is quite well over its respective tier in power and damage and stats.

Leader of the Angry Waifu Club:
Cause even waifu have feels too.
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2015, 05:37:26 am »

Since I can apparently post on forums again <3 Hi everyone long time no see :p and first up was a suggestion I had for class changes.
First off class change suggestions:

Shaman: Heal over time spells. Stoicism line, duration 15 secounds (base)
rank1=10000-12000 tier 3-4 (hoh)
rank2=20000-30000 tier 6
rank3=40000=60000 tier 8
Recourse effect from Stoicism line
Rank1: Reduces damage given by 15% snares target by 75%
Rank2:Reduces damage given by 10% snares target by 65%
Rank3:Reduces damage given by 5% snares target by 55%
War:
Angry Nerd 7
Required level to proc 78
two angry6 augments combined into magic box.
Ranger:
Epic modify: Add Bow bonus damage
Epic 3.0 bow damage +5% damage bonus +xxxx damage to actual bow value.
Epic 4.0 bow damage +10% damage bonus *
Epic 5.0 bow damage +15% damage bonus *
Epic 6.0 bow damage +25% damage bonus*
Epic 7.0 bow damage +35% damage bonus*
Epic 8.0 bow damage +45% damage bonus *
Epic 9.0 bow damage +55% damage bonus *
Add bow only strike augment with a higher value then ninjastrike using mana neck cost value.
Reasons for this suggestion. Enable a unique range damage class, reason for the epic bow damage boost, due to bows slowy delay having a fair value of bow damage would have to be exceptionally higher then a normal 1hs or 2hs damage value to compensate, would this make ranger OP, not at all it would just lead into people considering UW bows and so on. Example of the idea was that rangers could normal hit with bow for around 1-2million damage per hit by 9.0 with tier 9 bow. Of course this is with a uc2 type value damage, and of course UW bow would make it even higher.
Bard:
Over raided ballad of flame:
Adding a fair value to this spell to be on par with aoe spells of its current tier would enable bards the abillity to properly AE range spells, currently over raided ballad is 170 damage...
Adding More ranks throughout the tiers with fair value of what a flame strike aug would be, would enable bards to be viable aoe damage dealers without making them execessively op, perhaps setting a delay timer per round it fires to higher delay but boosting the value would balance this.
Cleric:
Heal over time: short duration high heal value heal over times would be a nice addition suggestions, such as a base time of 3-5secounds or 3 or 5 ticks.

Zone Suggestion:
Just a fair idea I had for a zone change down the road. If this is possible of course.
Add chance to spawn fabled Tower of frozenshadow bosses, from floor 5-7.
Fabled Enraged Relative: tier 8 equavilent unique loot table
Fabled Vah: Tier 9 Abrahm stoic with a bonus 2hs skill modifier.
Fabled Tserinna: Tier 10 equavilent tserrina loot table gear.
Reasons for this idea. Take wonderful special effect gear that many still use and enable those to farm a better version of it, but of course make sure the fabled bosses are decently difficult to tier they would drop gear for.

aythena

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2015, 06:18:39 am »

ALL TANK CLASSES:
  • Re-evalute stonewall amounts per class, stonewall on pets, and stonewall from buffs.
  • Bring maximum possible to ~35-40%

I think this would be an opportune time to take stonewall + halloween pets out of the equation entirely. There is no reason to balance content around people needing a once-a-year drop going forward, especially with the chance to remove this clunky necessity while reworking stonewalls.

Some idea of a model I could see for this would be:

Stone Monster - 0% stonewall + 50k HP
Insane Goblin - 0% stonewall + 150k HP (edit: nevermind, warriors will just use mistress of flame over these. maybe they could proc runes or something)
Arcing Demon - remove (Max HP +5%) or everyone and their mother will just swap to using this

Epic 3.5 -- 4% stonewall
Epic 4.0 --- 6% stonewall
Epic 4.5 --- 8% stonewall
Epic 5.0 --- 10% stonewall
Epic 5.5 --- 12% stonewall
Epic 6.0 --- 14% stonewall
Epic 7.0 --- 16% stonewall and HP + 25,000
Epic 8.0 --- 18% stonewall and HP +50,000
Epic 9.0 --- 20% stonewall and HP + 75,000
Epic 10.0 --- 22% stonewall and HP + 100,000

Shield 1-5 --- 1% stonewall
Shield 6-10 --- 2% stonewall
Shield 11-15 --- 3% stonewall
Shield 16-20 --- 4% stonewall
Shield 21-25 --- 5% stonewall
Shield 26-30 --- 6% stonewall
Shield 31-35 --- 7% stonewall
Shield 36-40 --- 8% stonewall
Shield 41-45 --- 9% stonewall
Shield 46-50 --- 10% stonewall
Shield 51-55 --- 11% stonewall
Shield 56-60 --- 12% stonewall

Max Stonewall currently would be 34%, which leaves room for more in the future. Also, Vie line could be left untouched. It would let the cleric temporarily give you 44% stonewall, which is great sure, but the reason it is over the top amazing right now, is because warriors are taking 22% of normal mob swings. When a cleric puts Vie3 on us, we take 12% of normal mob swings. So right now, Vie3 is a 50% damage reduction for us. In the new model listed above, you would go from taking 66% of the mob's damage down to 56%.

Old model (78% stonewall) --- mob swings at warrior for 10,000,000 damage, he takes 2,200,000 damage. With Vie3, he takes 1,200,000 damage.
New model (34% stonewall) --- mob swings at warrior for 3,300,000 damage, he takes 2,178,000 damage. With Vie3, he takes 1,848,000 damage.

So yeah, the reason Vie3 is absolutely nuts right now, is going from 78% to 88% stonewall is muchhhh different than 34% to 44%  Cool

P.S. I still think Clerics could use a custom DI spell  Grin maybe it could be their epic instead of the raid-wide heal thingy.
On this subject, if were changing stonewall which I understand the idea behind it and were to the point its getting ridiculous, if your going to change the entire damage value etc of all the tiers here is my idea, why not change the how many hps mobs have, but in return change the value of damage we do with strikes weapons and uw's etc, basically if mobs had less hps, and we had less damage against them, the game would literally be the same game, yes those 9million crits are cool from my war, but honestly if my war did 900k or even 90k but mobs had their hps adjusted to that damage, it would be the same game without those excessively large numbers float around all over the place. I mean sounds like your going to have to rework a lot anyways so why not adjust hps and damage output as well Smiley Just my idea.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2015, 07:31:35 am »

Ranger:
Epic modify: Add Bow bonus damage
Epic 3.0 bow damage +5% damage bonus +xxxx damage to actual bow value.
Epic 4.0 bow damage +10% damage bonus *
Epic 5.0 bow damage +15% damage bonus *
Epic 6.0 bow damage +25% damage bonus*
Epic 7.0 bow damage +35% damage bonus*
Epic 8.0 bow damage +45% damage bonus *
Epic 9.0 bow damage +55% damage bonus *
Add bow only strike augment with a higher value then ninjastrike using mana neck cost value.
Reasons for this suggestion. Enable a unique range damage class, reason for the epic bow damage boost, due to bows slowy delay having a fair value of bow damage would have to be exceptionally higher then a normal 1hs or 2hs damage value to compensate, would this make ranger OP, not at all it would just lead into people considering UW bows and so on. Example of the idea was that rangers could normal hit with bow for around 1-2million damage per hit by 9.0 with tier 9 bow. Of course this is with a uc2 type value damage, and of course UW bow would make it even higher.

Zone Suggestion:
Just a fair idea I had for a zone change down the road. If this is possible of course.
Add chance to spawn fabled Tower of frozenshadow bosses, from floor 5-7.
Fabled Enraged Relative: tier 8 equavilent unique loot table
Fabled Vah: Tier 9 Abrahm stoic with a bonus 2hs skill modifier.
Fabled Tserinna: Tier 10 equavilent tserrina loot table gear.
Reasons for this idea. Take wonderful special effect gear that many still use and enable those to farm a better version of it, but of course make sure the fabled bosses are decently difficult to tier they would drop gear for.

The bow suggestion brings something to mind that could allow the UW bow to be altered to give better damage without rolling over (This can be applied to other weapons as well when it becomes an issue). Have the bows scale up to a certain point in damage and then instead of adding more damage it gains a spell effect that causes a trickshot, essentially firing another arrow. Each rank of UW after that point would just add more trickshots fired.

On the subject of the zone suggestions I want to point out that adding fabled versions of floor bosses to tofs would probably want to be done with whatever coding was used in the Halloween event that kept certain bosses from spawning if you were too low level.  This way you don't have to worry about spawning a fabled and getting your ass handed to you if you are a lower tier.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2015, 09:47:05 am »

On this subject, if were changing stonewall which I understand the idea behind it and were to the point its getting ridiculous, if your going to change the entire damage value etc of all the tiers here is my idea, why not change the how many hps mobs have, but in return change the value of damage we do with strikes weapons and uw's etc, basically if mobs had less hps, and we had less damage against them, the game would literally be the same game, yes those 9million crits are cool from my war, but honestly if my war did 900k or even 90k but mobs had their hps adjusted to that damage, it would be the same game without those excessively large numbers float around all over the place. I mean sounds like your going to have to rework a lot anyways so why not adjust hps and damage output as well Smiley Just my idea.

Something like this is coming too. We've hit the HP cap on mobs and occasionally hit the damage cap with a "stars align" situation with buffs. Will likely knock off two decimal places from all damage and then from mobs as well. It will slightly affect somewhere between PoT and T1 as some area will become CRAZY easy/hard without some careful mathdps.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2015, 01:13:05 pm »

Something like this is coming too. We've hit the HP cap on mobs and occasionally hit the damage cap with a "stars align" situation with buffs. Will likely knock off two decimal places from all damage and then from mobs as well. It will slightly affect somewhere between PoT and T1 as some area will become CRAZY easy/hard without some careful mathdps.

-Hate
I didn't realize it would cause some spikes, the only thing I saw it affecting was maybe old world raid bosses but since most don't farm level 60 pvp gear anymore didn't think it would impact it much, would imagine it would reduce lag a bit as well not having the cpu spike excessively values but I am not that techie or smart, and I am not a math wizard I leave that sorcery and vodoo up to you.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2015, 02:08:27 pm »

Not an issue of spikes (lag).

If damage gets too high, it does nothing. (Literally deals negatives or "no effect").
If mob HP gets too high (through buffs), it rolls over, mob has -1 hp (literally dies from ANY damage).

Right now, two of the bosses in T10 and the Xmas portals are nearly at the maximum value. It has to be done because the damage is sooooo high and the mob health has to be so high to compensate. Undecided

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
aythena

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2015, 03:08:52 pm »

But Bosses like shadow I imagine that would be tricky to rework?

huffdady

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2015, 02:57:12 pm »

Can we get "Pet Hold" commands fixed for mages/enchy's added to the list?
I have maxed AA's and the stupid pets won't hold to save their lives.
It was working right up until the huge AA restructuring right before T10 was released.

Thanks in advance.
Iamthedevil
Moruk

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 28, 2015, 08:15:49 pm »

- a fixed Enchanted Geode in the Bloodmoon Temple daily
- stackable and non lore ores (EoN quest)

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 28, 2015, 08:57:52 pm »

T10 playable..

/ducks

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Kemaal

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 29, 2015, 10:51:48 am »

Not an issue of spikes (lag).

If damage gets too high, it does nothing. (Literally deals negatives or "no effect").
If mob HP gets too high (through buffs), it rolls over, mob has -1 hp (literally dies from ANY damage).

Right now, two of the bosses in T10 and the Xmas portals are nearly at the maximum value. It has to be done because the damage is sooooo high and the mob health has to be so high to compensate. Undecided

-Hate

Is there a reason why HP/damage values are so astronomically high, whilst AC has stayed (relatively) low? Is it because it's easier to scale damage/HP comparatively to AC?

The fix for this long term is probably a combination of both scaling AC and HP/damage properly, so we don't get to a point in the future where this same thing happens again.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 29, 2015, 11:39:26 am »

well idea of backing a few paces off the decimal is probably best... this server was set up with super high damage because of the lag that all the proc effects was causing on our old set up...before my time mind you so the information is all second hand.

so the established a min delay and upped damage.....

now years later we are capping out... and the delay/damage ratio is pretty deeply entrenched into this server....>SOOO..

we have to lower damage... so we have room to grow..

sounds like hate and team have this well under control and will adjust as time allows:)

Natedog
Master

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 29, 2015, 11:52:48 am »

Could always change all the combat math to floating point! Then you could do a shit load more damage!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 78