Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:24:12 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best Necro gear, AAs etc  (Read 8480 times)
necrofagist

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2010, 12:24:17 pm »

First of all I really like this server. I've played EQ live off and on since the original release. Myself and 6 of my IRL are really enjoying this server.

Anyway, we're all lvl 70, about to start epic 1.5, and are currently grinding AAs. Just looking for recommendations on gear to look for for my Necro, AAs to go for first (currently doing pet flurry and crits) etc.

Also, what gear should I be giving my lvl 70 pet? I usually just caste pet haste on him and give him an Earthcaller and Blade of Tactics. Thanks!!

Also, our guild is looking for members <The High Council>
qualin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 01:01:36 pm »

Get all AA's.  You can max out fairly quickly in a week or two.  Save tradeskill and stat / resists AA for last.

As far as gear goes....get full set of BoT....then full set of Potime, then full set of Qvic, then Tacvi....

T1 then,
T2 then,
T3 then,
finally....T4

Qvic is the starting point really.  To get a Tavci BP, you have to have a Qvic BP....to get a T1 BP, you have to have a Tacvi BP and so on.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 01:42:00 am »

Don't forget that LDoN is between PotimeA and Qvic. Besides the armor which will help you break in Qvic, the LDoN is where you get your Epic 2.0 pages as well.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 05:51:57 am »

Seems like alot of people skip Ldon 'card' gear if they can. The king chest cards are so hard to get for CG/FG quest that if you have a way to get a leg up in qvic, people trade in the Ldon cards to help buy King Chest cards. Ldon5 bosses are often perma camped for these cards.

Qvic has tons of rots. I saw Pudge just looking for one last piece for one of his plate toons, spend a whole night equiping people with rots. He had a huge group of people sitting off to the side, cheering him on.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2010, 12:29:00 pm »

well with instances now, hopefully over camped zone X should be a thing of the past

youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2010, 07:48:25 pm »

By the way you DON'T need a qvic BP to get into TVIC.  Just need your 3.0 flag.  Same goes for PoD.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2010, 10:51:17 pm »

By the way you DON'T need a qvic BP to get into TVIC.  Just need your 3.0 flag.  Same goes for PoD.

no point going to those zones without full equipment from the previous

PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 07:03:07 am »

Seems like alot of people skip Ldon 'card' gear if they can. The king chest cards are so hard to get for CG/FG quest that if you have a way to get a leg up in qvic, people trade in the Ldon cards to help buy King Chest cards. Ldon5 bosses are often perma camped for these cards

Dont dismiss the kings chest (ldon chest) I cant speak for all classes but the two of mine that have them, Ranger and SK, I still use (for clicky). The SK one in particular is excellent for long high dam fights, It works like a second Leech giving all dam performed by you back to you in health. Its very very useful when you also have Leech disc, Leech aa, 3.0 and 2.5 (2.5 has another similar effect). Not sure what necro one does but I have a necro so would be interested to know.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 07:04:53 am by PORTIS » Logged
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053