Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 07, 2024, 05:52:19 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Thinking of Coming Back  (Read 8622 times)
Dorque

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2016, 11:00:18 am »

Hello EZ,

I use to play here as the Dorque squad. I truly loved playing here and got all my characters their 2.5 epics but I got overwhelmed with all the information. I was spending more time researching than I was actually playing. There are a ton of great guides out there and they helped a TON but again there was just soooo much information that I didnt know or understand. I guess it got to a point that I didnt know what to focus on anymore. There were plenty of helpful people on the server but I honestly felt like a pest because I was asking questions every day and I know people would be getting annoyed with it so I slowly drifted out off the server. However, over the past 6ish months I have been wanting so bad to play again but then I think of all the information that I dont know and then get discouraged. I found all my old spread sheets today and figured I would maybe log on and see how I felt about playing again. I know I have to get my duel wielding characters their second 2.0 and 2.5 epics so I will start there. If anyone has any useful tips then it would be much appreciated! 

Sincerely,

Dorquebeef and the rest of the Dorque squad
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:28:12 pm »

This page might be useful --> Progression

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Ponzi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 02:23:45 pm »

On the plus side, you no longer need dual epics books, since the weapon 'skins' drop in normal tiers, plus you can get your first set of 3.0 skins free from the Plane of Dragons zone in epic vendor. Smiley

Ponzi Scheme - Monk
Kanyon - Paladin
Kiwis - Warrior
Avacado - Cleric
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 03:35:44 pm »

Here's the thing.....there are a lot of paths to use to get to where you wanna go. Its actually one of the great things about this server! Wanna run with an all melee crew? You can, through to end game, and do rather well. Wanna run a tank, a healer or 2 and all caster dps? Can do, and anymore it works! Hate a warrior and want to run an SK tank? Hell yes, its a challenge, but it can be done....and has! The only thing "set in stone" would be the progression path you need to take as far as zones and gear.....other than that its all up to you.

I made a guide once because there was a wealth of info on the forums, but the forums search function at the time was a joke, and finding the info was a BAD joke. Then, when I found out I had a job change which required less play time (as well as a desire to see what EQ Next would bring) I took up Akk's offer to convert the guide to a wiki....and I had pathetically limited experience doing so. I did the best I could, but it wasnt anywhere near a traditional wiki and it threw some people. Also edit access was granted only by Akkadius (its actually his wiki) and not a lot of people were able to get such access. It made for a rather limited resource, because at the end of the day it was just one guys take (mine) and I am a rather opinionated, arrogant bastard.

Fortunately some folks (Darpey and other players) grabbed the ball and ran it to the end zone with the ezserverwiki.com! That site should help you a lot more than mine did. Go check it out!

As for the alleged "Chunka Wiki"....plans are in place to convert that to a strat and viewpoint site rather than just giving raw data. We'll see how it pans out. But either way, welcome back and I hope you have fun the second time around!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 03:41:34 pm by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dorque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2016, 11:03:01 am »

So I logged in and got some of my characters their second 1.5 and 2.0 epic. After playing for a little and going through my speadsheets I remembered what the big hang up was! On top of the lack of knowledge I also got burnt out on the fighter/caster guild quest (mainly caster). In my 12 man box I run 4 true casters. I camped each character at different locations to farm each piece for my characters. The Jade Reaver was the hardest to get as I completed ever step except that one. I spent a total of 3-4 weeks killing the reavers every 2-3 hours or something like that and only got 1 Jade Reaver in the process. It was probably terrible RnG and I will take another whack at it soon.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2016, 12:33:38 pm »

I'd suggest just asking in /ooc if anyone could make a remote instance for you, people with free waypoint can do it effortlessly and most are happy to help.  When they create the instance, the zone is fully populated upon entry.
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 01:50:05 pm »

I'd suggest just asking in /ooc if anyone could make a remote instance for you, people with free waypoint can do it effortlessly and most are happy to help.  When they create the instance, the zone is fully populated upon entry.

I charge 27plat for that service, there is a 2yr waiting list backlog for those requests. it is what it is

krazycrakker

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2016, 02:27:39 pm »

Lol rent
Dorque

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2016, 11:29:16 am »

So I am going to donate to the server and I know you get EZ Credits for donations that you can spend for items. Does anyone have any suggestions on things I should look into and how much I will need to donate for them?
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »

1) Free Waypoint
2) Fastest Travel
3) Call of Companions or Call of Raid Companions

Those are my top 3 items that I use every time I play.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »

Same, but sadly I also use the mass rez clicky.....waaaaay too often.

But, I guess, to quote an old guild leader named Thott (or was it Hobben?), "If ya aint dyin ya aint tryin"

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Dorque

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2016, 01:37:06 pm »

1) Free Waypoint
2) Fastest Travel
3) Call of Companions or Call of Raid Companions

Anyone know how much I would need to donate to get these 3? I am going to go ahead and donate but I am currently at work so I cant log in and check =(
Fuzzypoodle

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2016, 01:45:11 pm »

IIRC
1= 100
2= 5
3= 25
4= 25

If you run more than one grp both 3 and 4 is a really nice combo.
Like I said those prices are close.
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2016, 02:16:49 pm »

I have all of these items and use them every day...

AOE rezz is really nice as well

Dorque

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2016, 02:39:30 pm »

Thanks for all the info!
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats