Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:39:27 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Damage started to feel weaker  (Read 8193 times)
AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« on: February 26, 2016, 04:54:00 am »

Hey folks,

Just working on T7 now and I've noticed my kill speed really slow down in comparison to T6, only being able to clear the zone before repops if I give it my 100% focus. Was wondering in your professional opinion where I may make improvements that would benefit me the greatest.

Currently running 1 group with (everyone has Ult Charm 1)

Warrior: UW4(hatestomp 2), 1mil HP. (Should I push for UW5? I've got 90 essence)
Pally: T6 skin, 2 FS7
Zerker: T7 skin, 2FS7
Rogue: T5 and T6 skins, 2NS7
Monk: T6 and T7 skin, 2NS7
Cleric: nothing really.

Survivability seems to be fine so far so I'm looking to replace the cleric for now. Wondering if I should throw in another DPS or go with a support such as bard or shaman. Is it worthwhile to get a chanter buff bot for vamp thunder? or is the damage not substantial enough to really worry about? Is a low level UW dagger on the rogue a strong DPS increase or should I worry about that for another tier or 2?
Would throwing a necro in the group help out since my AoE is fairly low and I seem to be killing slowly?

I'd really prefer to stick to 1 group

~The Thanatos Instinct~
Gimble

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 06:54:12 am »

Enchanter = huge dps increase
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 08:56:43 am »

you have enough DPS characters.

what is your status on Ultimate Charms for each character?

you can go the route of creating/bringing up "support characters" for buffing purposes only, however the enchanter buff is a very short burst buff, I normally reserve it for a huge pull, slap it on the monk and let him go to town.

the  other option is to create your "support crew 2nd group" that would involve another paladin for heals and the toons you want in there for buffing/repeat buffing, etc

its up to you which way you want to go

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 09:26:00 am »

uc2 the group and life will get better

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 09:35:07 am »

Yeah I noticed (as the others have) that you have UC1 on all your chars... but a UW4.

Hour for hour, your time would be better spent (at this point) on UC's instead of UW's (at least for your Warrior, Healer, and one DPS)

Especially since UW gets exponentially better, and UW4, 5 isn't that good, but UC2 will make a tremendous increase in your DPS (and stay-alive-ability)

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 09:36:20 am »

And of course the up-to-tier strike augments, but it looks like you have those

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2016, 11:56:35 am »

alright it sounds like i need to stick around in T6 and work on UC2.

Thanks guys

~The Thanatos Instinct~
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 12:00:24 pm »

I'm nearing the end of T6 and have been trying to determine the best jumping off point to dive into T7, so i fully appreciate this post Smiley. By the looks of it I may need to spend some more time farming sub T7 items to get to where i need to be to do T7.

I have been running 3 groups but i have grown tired of it and have decided to leave behind 1-2 of the groups in favor of getting through T9 faster and then going back for the characters i left behind.

I was wondering if it was better to 1.) only advance one group and spend them time getting all of their augs maxed and UC2's or 2.) advance two groups getting their Augs nearly maxed and key DPSers have UC2 while the rest have at least UC1.

Any one care to weigh in as to if 1 or 2 is the better plan? Also is 1 doable without UW?

EDIT: Also - i read on the wiki that 2 groups of bane weaps are required for the 7.0 boss....how does running 1 group in T7 get by?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 12:02:00 pm by Mayo Deftinwolf » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 01:49:07 pm »

Floating skull is nowhere near as hard as he used to be, so 1 group running all bane should be able to work Skull down. As for doing 1 group then coming back to do the other, I wouldnt. Work up your team. Nothing worse than seeing full sets of armor rot for characters you have but who arent flagged (T8 armor is class specific) then coming back a month or so later and getting crap for classes you need. As best you can, keep the team together. It will go faster.

As for the OP.....that teams is ok. UC2 is important. You're running just 1 group so kill speed is going to be slow unless you maximize dps on who you have. This means max your strikes, max your charms. You dont really have a force multiplier (ench, bard, shammy) in your crew, so yeah its gonna be a little slow. Dont replace the cleric; you'll only regret it later. If you think you need more, add another group or another couple classes with a shammy in with em to group heal (also allows you to toss out grudge on your UW chars). If you decide to add more, I'd add an AE class (necro is atm my favorite, and is at least as good dps as a zerk, but early on a zerker is better). Can also add a bard or a chanter for added dps boosts.

As far as sticking to one group....up to you. I've tried running 6, 12, 18 and 24. 18 seems to work best for me. It takes some getting used to, but it pays off. You can literally gear up 12 boxes faster than 6....in fact you can gear up 18 faster than 6 (yes, including UC's).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2016, 02:37:51 pm »

You can literally gear up 12 boxes faster than 6....in fact you can gear up 18 faster than 6 (yes, including UC's)

you had me right up until this point..

no way in hell is doing 18 uc3s faster than 6:)  not even close...

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2016, 02:47:13 pm »

Ok, maybe...granted on UC3. But its not far off. I can 2 pull and loot the named in ToV pretty quick with my full team....takes a hell of a lot longer with just 6. Also, we arent talking about you NOW Hurty....we're talking about you when you just broke into T8.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
AcuteAnthrax

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2016, 05:10:48 pm »

Thanks for the additional input.

I currently have 18 toons that can get into Anguish, the groups aren't too optimized, mostly just 1 of each class with a couple doubles. When I mentioned changing the Cleric I meant more subbing out since I'm not currently having survivablity issues with the speed I pull at. The only conflicting ideas I have now is that I can't really bring in a 2nd group without putting a halt to my UC2 gathering so that's why I decided to run with the 1 group for the time being.

~The Thanatos Instinct~
Poker-ecaf

i found my true love ! ( EZ 4ever )

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2016, 06:27:41 pm »

Ultimate Charm v2 that all u need to incease dmg alot

Dane

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 06:32:45 pm »

As someone who just recently ran the same group build through t9, you just need to really work on UC2 for your team and keep strike augs to your current tier and you should be good to go.
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2016, 07:22:06 pm »

Having a buff group with uc nothing is better than not having a buff group in my opinion.  I only geared my tank (first), core dps(second) and paladin for progression.  Once I finished up t9 armor on tank and dps, I went back and filled in some of the other slots and pumped up some uc2's and 3's.  I always tried to make sure I kept my warrior in highest available UC and SoA and it seemed to roll pretty smoothly for me.  I also put in a lot of work while I was in t5 getting my UW caught up.  If you are going to 6 box, get you UW on warrior up to current tier if at all possible.  I know ToFS can be a real sticking point on the first eofs VII and masters, but it is well worth it for the dmg increase you are going to see for every combat after.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439