Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 30, 2024, 08:33:20 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Author Topic: UW and GSoA  (Read 47125 times)
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 10:01:42 am »

Let us not forget here that low level players that are acquiring essences can still sell them off for a pretty penny. SLS farming quite honestly is the worst possible aspect of this server. Absolutely absurd.

The idea of making a level based, instance zone scaled to the player for back farming essences is awesome. A place to go that if you are T9 is a T9 zone basically that drops essences of all types up to T8, or if you are T6 drops all essences up to T5.

A sectioned zone, where your qvic guys are over here, your CT guys are over there, etc. So you can farm what you want or farm the whole damn zone. A zone similar to that of a Karana zone, outdoors, no fluff, no big graphics, just go farm, hell even have an SLS/GLS area.

Something along those lines, would take some creative thinking on how to design it, however with the current trend of people trying to cheat and get over on the game I think Hate is kind of fed up with designing just to have people exploit it. I would be too. So, I don't know.

The basic problem here is, there has to be items of worth to sell for lower tier people. The strikes augs and other quests are quite expensive. Also making it so that a player can not simply come in and go from A to T10 in a week or less then quit in a month cause "I did it all, it was too easy!"

balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 11:05:06 am »

my turn?

couple of things;

we give not a single shit about some new player getting a EOA... they dont do it... they sell them.

GSOA are for sale at least 5 or 6 times when I am on for the few hours I have to play... every day...every time.

I would much rather see some kind of blood token type item for the EOA then these stupid GSOA... let it be a kill quest... based on tier... for each gem.. need 10 per tier to progress earring starting in t5. make it 100000 kills...i dont care.....no selling ....just something you earn as you progress....I know t5 you can bust it out in a day i get it...but t10? hehe thats going to take some time.

WAY TO MUCH PLAT IN THE HANDS OF NEW PLAYERS!!!

crystals was bad....GSOA is HORRIBLE!!

should have to work for strike augs...

Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 11:12:09 am »

Eli, I don't think you can find a player in qvic content with EoA10 because farming 200k AAs in lower tiers and without gear is no joke, not to mention the cost of getting 10 GSoAs.  

You would have to be one sadistic individual if you forcefully kept yourself farming qvic for GSoA and pofire for AAs ad nauseum for a month, intentionally not progressing through tiers, just to get an EoA10.  The other reason is... why?  If you put it on a non-UW toon it's pointless.  125% of shit damage is still shit damage.  I'm working on my EoA now, because I have UW3, and I'm about to upgrade to UW6 (need to farm a bit more plat first), and I'm at EoA4.  Yes, I could have been EoA10 by the time hit t5, but I don't see what the point would have been.  I would have had literally no strike augs on my other toons and my RoA would be stuck at level 50 instead of 500.  

The likelihood of anyone even coming close to EoA10, even in t1/t2 much less Qvic, is probably 1/1000 of the likelihood of a person having a UW'd bard (looking at you, Rent).  I can state with certainty that one doesn't exist in that situation.

Kathina
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 11:23:03 am by Subdued » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2016, 11:30:27 am »

Hey, my bard, Joslynz rocks it! LOL just saying

Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:30 am »

Which argument did you think someone was making? I don't think anyone is stating that newer players are getting EoA10.  The biggest argument I saw was someone stating that players are getting too much bang for their buck in selling GSOAs.  I don't disagree with their point myself, although I think alternative sources of platinum would have to be created for lower tiers if they were made no drop.  If I were forced to farm GLS all day long to finance strikes and mana necks for 12 boxes when I was in qvic/t1/t2 then I think I would have quit a long time ago.  GLS farming is awful awful awful.  It's not even playing the same game.  It's like playing the mini bridge puzzle game in Final Fantasy for the NES...... for 5 hours straight.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2016, 03:24:20 pm »

Matter of fact, please quote where hunter implemented this stuff strictly for end gamers (obviously it was more grinds that end gamers could do to stay busy, but not strictly for them only).

Ultimate Weapon quest/reward would take me 1 hr to make vs 100s of hrs for end game hardcore players to achieve. It would NOT calc into the balance for any tiers.

Added Earring of the Ages to the Leaderboards NPC in Nexus.

Earring of the Ages quest is strait 50k AA per rank, up to rank 90.

Each rank give 1% chance for Divine Intervention up to 90% max.

If the chance for Divine Intervention goes off, you'll get full health instead of dying.

Definitely an OP item for players who put their time in.

Meant for players that already got max Ring of the Ages rank 1000 already, that they still have something to spend AA on.

I think both of these legitimize what I was saying was the ORIGINAL intent by Hunter. So how about we make it so that EoBA doesnt become a doable quest for anyone before RoA 1000?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 03:36:06 pm by Orthanos » Logged

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2016, 04:00:34 pm »

it doesn't have to say its for end game players and we dont care about who gets it.

without our 600% xp and other buffs you all would still be trying to get roa 100

extorting us because we have the ability to make more does not make it better.. or ok... what kind of mentality is this?

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 04:22:22 pm »

Matter of fact, please quote where hunter implemented this stuff strictly for end gamers (obviously it was more grinds that end gamers could do to stay busy, but not strictly for them only).

Ultimate Weapon quest/reward would take me 1 hr to make vs 100s of hrs for end game hardcore players to achieve. It would NOT calc into the balance for any tiers.

Added Earring of the Ages to the Leaderboards NPC in Nexus.

Earring of the Ages quest is strait 50k AA per rank, up to rank 90.

Each rank give 1% chance for Divine Intervention up to 90% max.

If the chance for Divine Intervention goes off, you'll get full health instead of dying.

Definitely an OP item for players who put their time in.

Meant for players that already got max Ring of the Ages rank 1000 already, that they still have something to spend AA on.

I think both of these legitimize what I was saying was the ORIGINAL intent by Hunter. So how about we make it so that EoBA doesnt become a doable quest for anyone before RoA 1000?

None of this says it is only for end game players (by that even what determines an end game player).

ok I tried to pin point for you who Hunter said he intended the item for......

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2016, 05:40:20 pm »

ooc for a gsoa and see how long it takes to get a taker.../ooc WTB gsoa 12mil pst

try it...

Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2016, 06:49:27 pm »

Don't think I've ever gotten 600% xp buff.  I think the most I've had is about 400% and that was once or twice.  I can do 125% myself, and 100-150% is usually what is given in Nexus as it is.  Besides the point, though.

In any case, the price of GSOA is simple supply/demand economics 101.  There's only a few ways to change the price:  

1, change how often they drop in various tiers of content (which includes them not dropping in certain tiers at all).  
2, change them from tradeable to no drop (people would still sell loot rights as they do for master essences, but the price would be affected  one way or the other with a 10 minute timer on the corpses and much less readily available buyers).

If you go with #1 but not #2, you run the risk of not changing the price by much.  Additionally, without the proper adjustment, you might actually cause the prices to go up even further.  Why? Well, if you remove them from lower tiers, you're removing a source of them for the higher tier players who get them farming lower tier content for essences.  Higher tier players don't just get them from the higher tiers, so the adjustment required could be fairly significant.

If you go with #2 but not #1, it's hard to say what would happen.  Prices could go up because of a sharp decrease in available GSOAs in the market, or they could go down because the person who tries to sell a corpse can't really extract 12-15m out of someone on short notice.  

I think a combination of 1 and 2 would be best, with a slight decrease in earlier tier drop rates (maybe 10-20%) and a slight increase in higher tier drop rates.  On top of that, make them no drop.

I think a small reworking of the system could go a long way in helping as well.  Make it tiered like the RoA is.  Have the first 10 levels cost 5k AAs instead of 20k, but make the damage increase somewhere in the 10-12% range when you reach level 10.  Have the next tier of levels cost 10k AAs and have the damage increase somewhere in the 25% when you reach level 20.  Have the next tier cost 20k AAs as well and you reach 50% damage increase at level 30, 30k AAs for 100% at level 40 and then increase 41-50 to 30k AAs to get to 200% at level 50.   It would keep the total cost pretty similar but reward players in higher tiers who have increased AA xp rates while also providing players with choice.  One player might get their RoA to level 200 and then their EotA to level 10 or 20, and then back to their RoA, etc.  Choice is fun.  Straight paths are less fun.

Kathina
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 06:51:39 pm by Subdued » Logged
Waraesh

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2016, 10:39:44 pm »

EoA was designed to be backloaded, it wasn't meant to be useful/meaningful really until it was rank50.  And then....it is AWESOME!  It is what I would consider "The" endgame item.

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 04:29:39 am »

From this thread we can come to two conclusions. First that the drop rate in lower tier zones is to high and should be adjusted. Second that the demand for GSoA's has gone up, I would guess thats because people are realizing that the optional grind items are more or less no longer optional for end game play.

Subdued is correct. If you want to see the price drop, you should refuse to buy it for more than 10 mil. It wont do a new player any good so they will sell it for what people are willing to buy it at.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 09:55:42 am »

If you want to see the price drop, you should refuse to buy it for more than 10 mil.

I'm not sure if you're agreeing with me on that part specifically, because I don't really believe in collusion working to lower prices without 100% buy-in (or damn close to it) by the buyers, which would be unrealistic.  What would end up happening is, yeah, within a few days you might get more people selling them at 10m.  As soon as that starts happening, they'll immediate jump back up in price because you'll have multiple buyers jumping at the sellers saying "I'll take it."  As soon as that happens, those players will raise their price when they realize they probably sold it too cheaply.  

To address a point I missed someone stating earlier, regarding a perception that players who make more plat are being fleeced:  It's opportunity cost.  If you're t9 geared and can make 7mil per hour farming 14 abyss essences, and it would take you 5 hours, on average, of clearing qvic to get one GSOA to drop (while getting 12 qvic essences per hour), you would be way ahead paying 12-15m for the GSOA from another player.  At the same time, you have no advantage over a new player in farming GLS, outside of fastest travel donator, so you shouldn't be farming GLS when you need them.  You should be buying them, even at 500k each.  Just because you pay 500k to some player who is advertising them that high and nobody else is selling them doesn't mean you got fleeced.  If you can justify that your time spent farming is more valuable in paying 500k and farming t5 essences, then you did not make a bad investment.  Sure, you could make a BETTER investment if you found someone willing to sell SLS at 250k, but that's how the market works.  If supply increases, you get to buy cheaper.

If you want GSOA to be cheaper, then the market needs to discourage them from being sold, change the number of buyers in the market (by giving more incentive or less incentive for people to want GSOA at a given tier) and/or alter their drop rates and who those drop rates target.  What's the best method?  There probably isn't a best, but I don't think it would be too hard to figure out a few good options. 

Kathina

« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 09:58:31 am by Subdued » Logged
Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 12:06:18 pm »

I do have to say the OP has been spamming to try and buy these for 10mil which is probably what lead to this thread to start in the first place. Either mad they are being sold for more than he wants to pay or mad that he can't get them more commonly in higher tiers.

I think what the core issue is here is that if you are T10 or T9 and you are farming in those zones and rarely, if ever see them drop, but if you drop way back down to a low tier they seem to drop more.

Its not an issue of mobs killed vs item dropped, because trust me, in an hour I can kill 10x the mob count in T9 than you can in HOH simply due to the sheer number of available mobs in T9 and the fast respawn rate.

The issue is the target characters of this quest are not getting the drops in the end tiers, yet having to waste time going back to farm a trivial zone that has no real return of time investment other than that item. I mean Qvic, yeah you will get Qvic essences along with your better chance of a GSOA dropping. But lets say you are working T10, you can easily go to T9 and make some mad plat and maybe some gear you missed and essences but you are going to rarely find a GSOA or go to qvic where youre gonna make jack shit for plat, get some essences and a higher chance of a GSOA. Or, even worse, you need to work T10 and the damn things just wont drop with any frequency vs the amount of mobs youre killing to complete the quests in T10. I mean were talking 1000's of mobs and not seeing 1 drop. T9 were talking 1000's of mobs killed and notta. Qvic were talking 100's of mobs killed and seeing drops.

For pete's sake, and I think I said this, I farmed quite a few mobs in T9 on DL and didn't see one GSOA, I pop into HOH and got 3 in an hour, I was like WTF, all the time I'm hearing/seeing people get GSOA's in qvic and in other HOH instances. TOV, nope, OC, nope, Sunder, nope.

Believe it or not, after you've done a zone over a 1000 runs or more, like some of us have for those lower tiers, shit gets old. And you have the desire to stab your eyes with rusty screwdrivers at just the thought of making the instance to go to Qvic or HOH. 

Mersedez

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 01:10:30 pm »

The issue is RNG though. I cleared HoH all weekend during double loot and saw my first gsoa on the one clear I did on abyss. Wouldn't that contradict the idea that they drop more in earlier tiers. Though outside of double loot I've gotten 0 in hoh and 2 in one pull of qvic. I'm just saying is there and evidence that it actually is more common in earlier tiers? But maybe that hate doesn't know? By your own admission you probably kill more in T9 than I do in hoh, so technically you should see them more frequently, but RNG.... I've seen 7 since my bro and I have been back and he has seen 1. Granted I'm clearing zone almost all day everyday.

Basically what I'm stating is before going crazy about adjusting drop rates maybe it should brought to hates attention that the RNG isn't the same in all zones (unless that is intended). Your guys bad luck doesn't mean there is an issue. I'd also like to note I killed thousands upon thousands in HoH over the weekend. Not just 100 and didn't see any. By your claims I should of at least seen 2.

Also, typing this from phone I apologize for mistakes in response.

This isn't bad luck at all. It's basically that the higher tiers they just don't exist. I haven't seen 1 GSOA drop in TOV and OC while I was farming essences for my UW. Right now I'm starting another UW doing Qvic all over again and only at 53 essences but I've looted 4 gsoa's total. The amount of mobs you have to kill in Qvic for 1 essence is not nearly the amount you have to kill in ToV or OC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 206