Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 06, 2024, 09:26:48 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Author Topic: FWP / REZ  (Read 28812 times)
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2016, 12:47:03 am »

I know credits are off right now, but I wanted to bring up an issue with FWP and mass rez:

tl;dr
lower plat cost of re-pops and instances, and restore price of mass rez.

a.) When credits are off, it discourages folks from playing on ez when the realize fwp is basically required and mass rez is a huge time saver. If they can't get them, they get frustrated - just something to consider.

b.) Unless I'm mistaken, it looks like the price of mass rez went up. I own one now, so I'm only speaking on behalf of new players, but I think 100 credits is way too much for mass rez (basically an item everyone needs).

c.) The platinum cost for re-popping and creating zones really needs to come down. Anyone who doesn't have a FWP is probably new to server and doesn't have enough platinum for this - forcing them to get fwp. If donations are off, or if they don't have tons of cash to spend it's basically game over. The Laffer curve applies here as well, if server population is adversely affected by this it hurts the server.

d.) I'm for anything which helps keep server population up. I love the activity when we have 400/500 or more players on. I feel the current fwp/mass rez/ez cred situation is turning off a lot of potential players.

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 02:58:35 am »

Pretty sure 100 ez was what I paid when I got my mass rez, ages ago. Might be mistaken, but thats what I remember the cost being. As for lowering repop costs....I can see your point but I dont know that I agree with it. If we do something like this then maybe just for something like ToFS; T5 and up should have a healthy repop cost (though a solid argument could be made to lower cost for Anguish, given the 3 day resapwn time. I'd lower either the repop cost of that or lower respawn timer).

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 08:26:27 am »

Looking at the EZ Credits article on wiki, you can see the historical revisions (I love wikimedia... such a great tool)

EZ Credits article dated Oct 2014 (Mass Res 25 credits) OCTOBER 2014

Current EZ Credit article (Mass Res 100 Credits) NOVEMBER 2015

So sometime between those timeframes I went in and corrected the updated price.

Anyway, I (original Darpey, my RL brother plays Darpey these days) don't play anymore and haven't for... 9 months? something like that. I still love the game though.

Anyway, I have to agree with warrior5 here (just my opinion) that Free Waypoint is essentially required for mid to endgame. I don't remember mass resurrect being that necessary, but things may have changed since I played.

Since donations are down a fair amount, and $100 is a steep price, I would agree that one possible solution would be to reduce price of instances. Especially with donations being down.

Or just tell people to man up and deal with it, since (technically) it is still possible to do anything and everything (albeit slower and less efficiently, and forget about buying essences, UWs, strike augs, etc... because you'll be using that plat for instances)

But... this has been the exact situation in EZServer for the past 2+ years. (FWP is required/very beneficial, donations are off and on, cost $100) and we've been surviving.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 08:39:09 am by Darpey » Logged

Darpey - Warrior <Focus Hope>
http://www.ezserverwiki.com/
Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 10:50:21 am »

It's relatively fine as it is now. You can go up to t7 just on the plat that you make from zones/selling ess/gsoa that you don't want/need and you can be trading for credits the entire way. Donations open up often enough that you can trade for all the credits you need without completely crippling yourself. You just may need to wait a bit before trying to go through t8.
Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 10:55:30 am »

What's the going rate for buying credits for platinum in-game?

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 11:00:52 am »

I probably wouldn't pay more than a mil each, but I saw someone trying to sell them for 2.5 mil each.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 11:11:57 am »

It can be VERY taxing to spawning and repopping the instances for FG/CG to those newcomer, especially those newcomer that start with 6 boxes or more. However they can simply go and farm SLS to make a quick bank. Altho I do agree that the cost of spawn/repop instance for old world and lower tier should be lowered. Maybe cut the price up to T2? Tier 3 and up can keep the same price.

Mass Rez is a real handy and save a lot of time, but I don't see why it should be 100 EZ. Maybe cut it down to 50 EZ (That's $25 on double credit!). It doesn't change anything but save you a lot of time rezzing your army. Doesn't cost you plats either comparing to FWP which can save you million of platinums, which justified the 100 EZ price.

Darpey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 11:14:40 am »

I probably wouldn't pay more than a mil each, but I saw someone trying to sell them for 2.5 mil each.

So then it is impractical to buy a FWP with platinum in-game

Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 11:24:20 am »

Yes, but you can farm credits with master essences. It would be slow I grant you, but its possible.

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 01:33:31 pm »

so we have arguments that newbies make to much plat from gsoa and sls and now we have another argument that newbies cant afford instances? I am sure that for different people they are both true but maybe the reality is that with all of the options for plat in game we should just leave this kind of shit alone?)

Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 01:40:06 pm »

so we have arguments that newbies make to much plat from gsoa and sls and now we have another argument that newbies cant afford instances? I am sure that for different people they are both true but maybe the reality is that with all of the options for plat in game we should just leave this kind of shit alone?)
GSoA is extremely rare and it's like winning the lottery. It's not really fair to bring it into the argument since it's purely luck.

cyantheblue

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 10:40:18 pm »

i'v been playing about 2weeks? at this point and i will say the free waypoint  woulda been nice for fg/cg and i did run myself down to about 10k plat total on all toons. i was able to get it done pretty well and farmed sls's with one toon while camping fg/cg. the player base here is nice a guidie spawned me about 4 instance close to the end just so i could finish. and another player offered me 150k so i could make my own. i personally think most new players wont be wanting to dish out 100 bucks at this point (if donations where open) i do think i would be more willing to  buy one (once donations are open) at 50 vs 100 tho as i just hit qvic i dont know if my mind will change more once im farther in tier
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 01:35:40 am »

Well....perhaps its time to dust off an old idea I gave Hunter a long time ago: temporary versions of some of the bigger items, like rez clicky, free waypoint, etc. Perhaps 10 credits for a months use on free waypoint....maybe the same for rez clicky. You get the idea. Use it for X time then it vanishes.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2016, 06:49:29 am »

I Have an idea. ....let's reinvent the wheel!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2016, 10:20:47 am »

Heh....sorry, didnt mean as a replacement to what we currently have, but as an alternative....aloows folks to if nothing else "test" the item before they get the full version. Again, just a thought.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 227