Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 07, 2024, 09:26:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Progression Guide  (Read 19031 times)
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« on: March 31, 2010, 05:27:58 pm »

Since all the posts from the other forum are most likely not being brought over here, i figured i would re-post this - Hopefully to get people to add on to this info.

Someone had suggested on the other forum that this is the way to go...

- get to lvl 70
- do AAs and get Plane of time gear
- Ldon gear / Guild quest / 1.5 (exact order depends on how much you box, classes, if you need guild quest to beat time bosses etc)
- Qvic gear and 3.0 / start really upgrading the charm you should already have from previous passages
- Tacvi gear / start doing RoA
- T1 / RoA
- T2 / RoA

Anyone else have any comments?

Rob Smiley
robpickles

Official Lurker of EZ Server

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 05:30:27 pm »

Someone also added this info on charms from a few other posts:

The charms (guardian, oracle, sorcerer) come from upgrades you find on level 6 of ldon. Once you get an upgrade you turn your noobiev2 item in with the appropriate charm upgrade to the charm upgrade npc next to the gatekeeper in nexus. This will give you your first level 1 charm. You can then continue upgrading it in a similar fashion, only instead of handing the npc a noobiev2 item you turn in your charm and and an upgrade. Hope that made sense!

Brawler charms...?? (He forgot this someone said)

guardian charms are generally for tanks

oracle is for healing focus

sorcerer is for damage focus.

that about is all of my knowledge about the different charms. i run a war/cleric and my friends play a bunch of different classes. maybe someone else can give you a bit more of a run down on how they specifically work. all i know for certain is that my war gets guardian and my cleric gets oracle!

In ldon level 2 to 6, you will get charm upgrade dropping (very very rare).

Once you get one of the 4 type (guardian, oracle, sorcerer, brawler)

you have to give newbe chamr level2 with upgrade to NPC charm. Then you will get new charm level 1. If you want level 2 wou will need to give you lvl1 charm with the same type upgrade to get level 2.

Exemple :
Newbie charm lvl2 + guradian upgrade = guardian charm lvl 1
    ==> Guardian charm lvl 1 + guradian upgrade = guardian charm lvl 2
    ==> etc..

charm are more easy to get on ldon boss 6 (if you get luck to get the spot...)

What about armor/weapon augments? Crystals?

Rob Smiley
Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2010, 06:21:13 am »

Someone had suggested on the other forum that this is the way to go...

What if we're new to the server and have no friends, yet, no guild, and play just 1 character at a time?  Would it benefit us to start the RoA sooner?  After we get our AAs?

Siccwilly Darkmind - Barbarian Berserker
Snaekize - Iksar Beastlord
Dhuka Vhurl - Dwarf Paladin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 07:07:08 am »

RoA is something you can definately solo, even eventually get a RoA 100 which has 25k hp with a 10k HP rune clickable every 20 seconds. With something like that you could solo probably 90% of the game until you get to T1-4 which is completely custom beyond OoW and GoD, which is designed as raid, not group / single.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2010, 03:39:45 pm »

The RoA quest is a lot of work, even when you get good at it.  But it can certainly help out a soloer trying to advance.  Even the ring at lvl 10 with the hp, ac and regen will make a solid difference in the early epic zones (PoTime, LDoN).

If you plan to do the quest without benefit of high level toons for buffs, I suggest you spend as much time in Dulak as needed to collect an entire set of gear.  This is the last set of gear that is not level specific, so you can put it on when you reset to lvl 1 and wear it until your normal gear is available again.

Some would tell you not to bother before you have a 3.0 geared Shaman and Druid for their buffs.  Without those buffs, it is a long grind back to lvl 70.  But everyone plays the game differently.  If you're playing solo and having trouble finding folks to partner up with, why not take a few hours and gain some stats.  Beats sitting idle in a zone you can't handle trying to find someone who will help you.
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2010, 04:50:20 pm »

Some would tell you not to bother before you have a 3.0 geared Shaman and Druid for their buffs.  Without those buffs, it is a long grind back to lvl 70.  But everyone plays the game differently.  If you're playing solo and having trouble finding folks to partner up with, why not take a few hours and gain some stats.  Beats sitting idle in a zone you can't handle trying to find someone who will help you.

To be honest, on my warrior at least, all I need is Mage DS, Ench Fire Ele Buff, and Druid 2.5 and I can train every mob in City of Mist that's not behind a locked door on me and I level to 47 in 8-9 minutes.

IMO, 3.0 Shammy's not needed and just a 2.5 Druid will do. I've done the same thing on non-plate classes too but it takes about twice as long on them (can't quite get everything with one swoop).
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2010, 08:45:48 am »

I agree, you can do very well in a number of zones without the Shammy/Druid 3.0's.  When I started out I used normal druid regen and mage ds and started in Estate of Unrest.  You can get to lvl 31 very quickly in there.  After that I'd go to Karnors.  Sure it's slower than the CoM run, but it was a fun change of pace.

For the guys who've heard the stories of doing an RoA level run in under 30 minutes and have a hard time believing it, it can be done.  The Shaman 3.0 buff is 10k hitpoints and will land on a level 1 toon.  The Druid 3.0 buff is 2k - 5k per tick regen (depending on the Druid's Oracle Charm level).  Get a mage DS and those buffs and then take your toon into City of Mist.  Nothing roots, dispells or blinds you in there (unless you manage to get a Reaver somehow).  It works best if you're in the zone alone.  You just run and start pulling everything.  You'll get stunned a lot, but the mobs can't deal more damage than the regen.  Pulling every mob on the main level (without going thru the locked door to the reaver) will get you to lvl 47.  That's lvl 1 to lvl 47 in one pass thru City of Mist.  When you're good at it, you can do it in about 3 - 5 minutes.

Once you're lvl 47, you can group with a lvl 70 and get experience.  Take your toon to Plane of Fire along with a fast killing 3.0 equiped and geared toon.  The fastest run used to be with a bard but I don't know if that's changed with the nerfs.  I used my 3.0 Mage pet to blast thru the zone.  Under ideal conditions (all zones empty, no crashes) I've heard of people doing the run in under 20 minutes.  My best time was 28, but I never considered myself 'hardcore' about it, and I never found Fire completely empty with a full spawn up.
Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2010, 11:24:55 am »

Thanks for all the insight and advice.  It's fascinating reading the PL posts, but I just play one account for now.  If I were to work on the RoA to progress & improve myself, what would be the fastest path to take as a solo/single character (currently a Bst, if that matters)?  The custom zones (FoB > PC > CMM > Dulak > PoFear > BoT)?

Siccwilly Darkmind - Barbarian Berserker
Snaekize - Iksar Beastlord
Dhuka Vhurl - Dwarf Paladin
Tacticulous

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2010, 03:10:53 pm »

For the guys who've heard the stories of doing an RoA level run in under 30 minutes and have a hard time believing it, it can be done.  The Shaman 3.0 buff is 10k hitpoints and will land on a level 1 toon.  The Druid 3.0 buff is 2k - 5k per tick regen (depending on the Druid's Oracle Charm level).  Get a mage DS and those buffs and then take your toon into City of Mist.  Nothing roots, dispells or blinds you in there (unless you manage to get a Reaver somehow).  It works best if you're in the zone alone.  You just run and start pulling everything.  You'll get stunned a lot, but the mobs can't deal more damage than the regen.  Pulling every mob on the main level (without going thru the locked door to the reaver) will get you to lvl 47.  That's lvl 1 to lvl 47 in one pass thru City of Mist.  When you're good at it, you can do it in about 3 - 5 minutes.

Once you're lvl 47, you can group with a lvl 70 and get experience.  Take your toon to Plane of Fire along with a fast killing 3.0 equiped and geared toon.  The fastest run used to be with a bard but I don't know if that's changed with the nerfs.  I used my 3.0 Mage pet to blast thru the zone.  Under ideal conditions (all zones empty, no crashes) I've heard of people doing the run in under 20 minutes.  My best time was 28, but I never considered myself 'hardcore' about it, and I never found Fire completely empty with a full spawn up.

^This.

I just got my BL 3.0 so I've only had about 4 prestige level using him in PoFire, but my fastest run thus far is 38 minutes from 1-70. Once I get the beast some better gear I can probably cut that number down to sub 30.

But I'm not saying the RoA levels are easy (please don't nerf pets/buffs/etc. to make it longer)...
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2010, 09:47:47 am »

Thanks for all the insight and advice.  It's fascinating reading the PL posts, but I just play one account for now.  If I were to work on the RoA to progress & improve myself, what would be the fastest path to take as a solo/single character (currently a Bst, if that matters)?  The custom zones (FoB > PC > CMM > Dulak > PoFear > BoT)?

I would replace PoFear with Velketor's Labrynth. I'm not positive, but I think it has a bigger exp modifier. That and I love velks. PLUS, PoFire constantly crashes, velks seldom does because it is a banable offense to train more than 10 mobs there.

my 2¢
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2010, 10:25:21 am »

I would replace PoFear with Velketor's Labrynth. I'm not positive, but I think it has a bigger exp modifier. That and I love velks. PLUS, PoFire constantly crashes, velks seldom does because it is a banable offense to train more than 10 mobs there.

my 2¢

Velks also has way more hp causing a poor hp-xp rating compared to other zones especially PoFear. I zoned into Velks once and haven't been back since except for FG. Not a very good zone

Blood of the Akkadian
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 10:51:41 am »

Well that's good to know.

How does PoFire compare with PoFear?
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 10:55:51 am »

Fire compared to fear depends. Fire is slighlty harder to solo without being uber duber (yes i just said that lol) or having a powerleveler. But only slightly....nothing really noticeable. However it is usually overcamped by RoAers and people *cough*warriors*cough* tend to crash it in addition to a bug that causes it to crash meaning the zone goes down a LOT. If you're RoAing Fire is the place to go but for initial start ups stick to Fear. Much easier/safer.

Blood of the Akkadian
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2010, 02:16:02 pm »

It takes me 4-6 hours for a full run, solo on my ranger.  I stick to the custom zones, the extra level from the quests is invaluable, especially at higher levels.

I skip Velks though, because F*CK Velks...  seriously that quest needs to be changed to gargoyles (or spiders, even) nothing else in the leveling quests comes close to the difficulty of the Velks dogs, just in the time it takes to run there Tongue

Here's what I do:

Level 1-10 - kill the bears in qrg, no need for FoB, not after the first time and you got your pre-nerf Circlet...  Just killing the big bear once at level 1 will ding you to level 4  Wink

10-20 Paludal, usually returning to qrg 2 times to turn in the quest & get better buffs.

20-40 Mistmoore Mistmoore Mistmoore - if you run (invis) straight to the gargoyles inside the castle at level 20 you'll level once for each one you kill!  So 20-30 is about ten kills, return to qrg for the quest, rince repeat until 40, very easy.

40-60 Dulak.  You can also go to Fear at 50 if you're bored of Dulak.  Head north to the firewall and kill the red-con apes, good xp.  AVOID glare lords and tent. terrors as they mass-dispel!  Tongue

60-65 Can stay in fear if you want, or do BoT, but you can't do the elemental quest until 65.  Personally I find 60-65 the hardest, can't use my uber lv 65 gear yet, can't do the BoT quest..  IMO that should be lowered to 60 (and probably the Dulak quest extended to 50 too).

65-70 BoT elementals (and stuff).  This is SO easy, with lvl 65 gear/weapons.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:19:18 pm by walk2k » Logged

Amerzel

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 05:46:47 pm »

It takes me 4-6 hours for a full run, solo on my ranger.  I stick to the custom zones, the extra level from the quests is invaluable, especially at higher levels.

I skip Velks though, because F*CK Velks...  seriously that quest needs to be changed to gargoyles (or spiders, even) nothing else in the leveling quests comes close to the difficulty of the Velks dogs, just in the time it takes to run there Tongue

Here's what I do:

Level 1-10 - kill the bears in qrg, no need for FoB, not after the first time and you got your pre-nerf Circlet...  Just killing the big bear once at level 1 will ding you to level 4  Wink

10-20 Paludal, usually returning to qrg 2 times to turn in the quest & get better buffs.

20-40 Mistmoore Mistmoore Mistmoore - if you run (invis) straight to the gargoyles inside the castle at level 20 you'll level once for each one you kill!  So 20-30 is about ten kills, return to qrg for the quest, rince repeat until 40, very easy.

40-60 Dulak.  You can also go to Fear at 50 if you're bored of Dulak.  Head north to the firewall and kill the red-con apes, good xp.  AVOID glare lords and tent. terrors as they mass-dispel!  Tongue

60-65 Can stay in fear if you want, or do BoT, but you can't do the elemental quest until 65.  Personally I find 60-65 the hardest, can't use my uber lv 65 gear yet, can't do the BoT quest..  IMO that should be lowered to 60 (and probably the Dulak quest extended to 50 too).

65-70 BoT elementals (and stuff).  This is SO easy, with lvl 65 gear/weapons.

I would agree with extending the Dulak quest. I'm on my first play through on my first char right now and I think the Velks quest is much tougher than the others have been. I'm staying in Dulak for now and I'm 55.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6137
  • Latest: Draylan
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65061
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 89