Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 23, 2024, 03:00:52 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: HOT BUTTON: Buff Level Restrictions and ROA/SOA/UW/Aug Level Requirements  (Read 41615 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 11:28:08 am »

We need a like button for Mersedez post there ^

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Blurring

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 11:54:35 am »

I agree with the changes proposed Hate and like others wouldn't disagree with the requirements being more strict.

Personally I'd go further with the UW restrictions. As I recall the UW was introduced purely as something extra to do for those who had beaten the content. Everything started to go awry when people started farming them as a way of progressing through content. So in my mind a tiers equivalent UW shouldn't be available until you have beaten that content, meaning the requirement should be tier level + 1.

Granted, the progression/back-progression argument I'm making here was largely addressed by the UW HP tweaks of long ago, and I think those did a decent job. I just think that can and for the health of the server should go further. Granted, we will still likely see one toon get powerleveled through the content so they can level up their UW to then "solo" the tier, but this would be a step in the right direction away from that.

Blarr!
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 12:11:58 pm »

I'm concerned I agree with Orthanos in this thread as he is wrong about basically everything. Still, most of these changes are not unreasonable, generally speaking - as long as they are done right.

In other news this probably shouldn't have been posted on April Fools unless that was intentional Wink
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 12:17:49 pm by warrior5 » Logged

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2016, 12:59:46 pm »

I'm concerned I agree with Orthanos in this thread as he is wrong about basically everything. Still, most of these changes are not unreasonable, generally speaking - as long as they are done right.

In other news this probably shouldn't have been posted on April Fools unless that was intentional Wink

Just as long as no one agrees with my posts, its all good

Nakemdun

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2016, 01:20:39 pm »

Maybe just make mask land on Raid Only. After all how many people will invite random newbs for buff.  Kiss

warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2016, 01:27:50 pm »

Maybe just make mask land on Raid Only. After all how many people will invite random newbs for buff.  Kiss

This is a good idea.

Subdued

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2016, 03:40:11 pm »

Maybe just make mask land on Raid Only. After all how many people will invite random newbs for buff.  Kiss

I feel pretty confident that the more generous members of the server would still do that as well.  Either way, it's an easy thing to work around so I don't think it really serves the purpose.  It also lets people actively buff their "friends" or low level favorites while the greater population doesn't benefit.  In some ways I think it could be even more harmful in that regard.

Overall I don't really know that some of these fixes are going to accomplish a lot of what people are concerned with the most.  

In my opinion, I would do the following and I think it would resolve a lot of the common complaints people have:

Regarding buffs-  I think t1/t2 is way too easy with or without buffs compared to LDON/QVIC without buffs.  When I was a new 70 and I was breaking LDON and QVIC I actually had to be careful and work at a moderate pace.  I didn't feel that a 2nd time until I later entered T5.  So, my suggestion would be the following, and it would be very simple:  All levels of Crab and Steeloak only work on toons level 71+, and re-work t1/t2 a bit.  Make the t1 dragons hit harder and have more HP and increase their mini spawn rate to compsensate.  In t2, make them hit harder and have more HP, leave their mini spawn rates alone, but increase the dragon mold rates slightly on the bosses.  There's probably a way t3/t4 could be made a bit more difficult as well but I haven't worked that out in my head, yet.

No arguments on not letting people use the SoA/UW etc until their tier.  At the very worst, let them use their tier + 1 so that there's still a decent resale market available for essences other than people backfarming their UWs.  I think people buying essences from 1 tier ahead from other players can be healthy for the economy.  

RotA- Currently I'm a firm believer that level'ing the ring past around level 500 is a waste of AAs that would be better served on EotA (and selling rainbows for those GSOAs if you get ahead on AAs but behind on GSOAs).  Past level 500ish, when you get the max rune buff, the ring suffers from severely diminished returns considering its % of your total HP as you progress through the upper tiers.  Cap its advancement per level, but also try to match the stats of the ring to make sense vs. a person's total expected HP total at each level.  A person who is fully t4 geared should have a ring that gets them, say, 100k HP, while a person who is fully t7 geared should probably be more in the 300-400k range.  A person in QVIC gear should max out around 20-30k HP from their ring.  If those levels line up to what Hate proposed, then it sounds good.  

UW- Other than t9/t10 players alts, how many people have a UW past their tier?  I can't imagine this really being a problem at all.  I think the bigger issue with UW is that the jump from UW3 to 4 is OK, but the jump from UW 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 is pretty weak for the effort involved.  Personally I'd prefer seeing the UW3 and UW4 decreased by about 25-35% and make up that ratio on UW5 and 6.

Regarding the mask-  removing MGB I think is very bad.  It hurts the players who box more than 6 players severely harder than players who only play 6.  I don't think that's fair.  How about just level requiring the buffs at each 100 levels?  Level 71 for level 100+, level 72 for 200+, level 73 for 300+, etc, with uncapped at level 75 or 76.

Kathina (to those wondering where I am, I've been very busy in RL lately and will be for a few weeks.  I'm not playing EQLive like someone asked me the other day.  I'll probably be playing again in about 3 weeks after my vacation!  Miss you guys!)
CyanideTreatment

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »

What I don't get is how people mentioned that the buffs higher tier players MGB breaks the game for lower tier players compared to having needed certain ez reward items why nerf any of this @ all only thing i see reasonable here is the RoA
Eliseus

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2016, 04:41:31 pm »

If you are looking at way to fix the server for the health, maybe you should look at the people playing on your server and not these changes. It's no longer why I play here and probably why some of the people sending me tells the other day about FH members will either have already quit or leave soon enough.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2016, 04:44:54 pm »

What I don't get is how people mentioned that the buffs higher tier players MGB breaks the game for lower tier players compared to having needed certain ez reward items why nerf any of this @ all only thing i see reasonable here is the RoA
Oh christ, okay first of all. Regarding on the certain EZ item. See -
We can all agree that it's very beneficial to have, but not literally necessary.

Second of all, we want to keep this game interesting for everyone from level 1 to end game. Having those buffs or UW or whatever without level restriction make it completely joke and can ruin the experiences.

EDIT - You're quitting, Eli? That's shame. I was looking forward to hear from you about your solo progression.

hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2016, 05:54:44 pm »

If you are looking at way to fix the server for the health, maybe you should look at the people playing on your server and not these changes. It's no longer why I play here and probably why some of the people sending me tells the other day about FH members will either have already quit or leave soon enough.

This comment is detracting from the discussion at hand. I witnessed a few of these... conversations. You were not always the victim. Please be honest and please stay on topic.

-Hate

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
CyanideTreatment

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2016, 07:21:55 pm »

Oh christ, okay first of all. Regarding on the certain EZ item. See -
We can all agree that it's very beneficial to have, but not literally necessary.

oh christ what? you havent been on this server longer then a year guaranteed and you're asking for nerfs that would be very disturbing.. removing MGB from the game because like your self new players depended on it at an earlier stage, most of high tier plays have atleast 2 grps that means 1 grp with buffs and 2nd-4th group gets shunned down. Me ranting about prices of reward items i guess is more tedious then you asking for these, makes sense.
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2016, 07:33:29 pm »

oh christ what? you havent been on this server longer then a year guaranteed and you're asking for nerfs that would be very disturbing.. removing MGB from the game because like your self new players depended on it at an earlier stage, most of high tier plays have atleast 2 grps that means 1 grp with buffs and 2nd-4th group gets shunned down. Me ranting about prices of reward items i guess is more tedious then you asking for these, makes sense.
If anything, I'm asking for balance and voicing my opinion, nothing more. Beside this thread isn't about the EZ item, that's for other thread.

Oh and I'm against the MGB removal, not supporting it.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2016, 07:48:12 pm by Kelordis » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2016, 07:48:16 pm »

Glad to see you coming around Warrior5!  Oddly enough this is exactly what I proposed a month or so back (for the health of the server) when everyone was saying I was being so unreasonable......I guess Hate....you could always say:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjLnMSjn_HLAhXHbSYKHQJyDScQjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2Fgallery%2FMyaJ3gZ&psig=AFQjCNGonWVNcBb3HTArNHLJqPUpduRCBA&ust=1459730840665851

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
warrior5

YAY

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2016, 12:40:35 am »

Hate if you make the mask changes you are proposing (different bonus per lvl etc.), please make the mask a raid buff as well. Nice trade off and will result in less folks MGBing exp in nexus. Also allows us to put mask on other toons besides melee which don't use MGB for other stuff.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 282