Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 02, 2024, 10:21:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Newbie at EZSERVER  (Read 13007 times)
tofuprod

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2016, 02:29:02 pm »

Hello EveryOne!

I am new to EZ Server and I first played EQ back in 2000 when Ruins of Kunark first came out.

I installed the EZ Server successfully by following the guidelines. However, I have a few tech questions.

1. How do I load old (original) graphics?
2. When casting spells I can't see the particle effects.
3. I want to box 2 toons (WAR/PAL good? PAL Has group healing proc right?). Having a hard time searching the forums. Possible for a link?

I decided to go install EZ over P99 because Life as an adult doesn't give me much time to play explore. EZ helps!

Any guidance or incite is appreciated. Thank you EveryOne. I hope to join a guild in here, because playing alone is no fun Tongue
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2016, 05:35:49 pm »

old graphics you have to go to the EQ folder and go into your options editor and turn off new toon graphics ...eqinin file and you can turn off luclin models...as far as spell effects you can try to open your ingame menus under the display tab check your particle effects.....think you will want more than just 2 toons...unless you have an old computer and are limited...no difference with MQ2 between 2 toons and 24

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2016, 10:03:27 pm »

If your computer and connection are decent, you should consider building up a group of 6. MQ2 takes a bit to learn, but there's a lot of people here who can help you.

There is also a solid wiki and some youtube video's you might want to check out.

OOC is server wide, so you can also ask questions there. Welcome to EZ, and good luck!

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 01:34:21 pm »

You don't need to start with 6... just play what you like at first.
War/Pal is the best combo though...
I started with a ranger, then added druid (back when they were useful for RoA) then a Pal and War.

tofuprod

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 10:35:22 am »

Hi EverOne!

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I recently got my WAR to level 55 last night.
This week I'll be adding on the PAL to practice boxing since I've never done it before.

Appreciate all the help! Thank you!

Currently looking for MQ2 guides...
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:28:05 am by tofuprod » Logged
Peign
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 01:12:06 pm »

Here is the MQ2 sticky post:   http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=3803.0
tofuprod

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:23:04 pm »

Thank you!

Currently looked into WinEQ2 and ISBoxer.

Hopefully I can setup a Boxing setup soon. Seems fun.

My plan.
MAIN WAR

Entourage (goal) - PAL PAL CLR MNK BRD
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 01:41:45 pm by tofuprod » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2016, 02:53:38 pm »

My plan.
MAIN WAR

WOAH! tiger

you need some dps in with the heals or you will find yourself grinding to a halt chopping down trees! (mobs with tons of hps and you with no dps.. not fun!)

War as main... thats great

Paladin paladin! great choice!

Cleric...meh...why? see the 2 pallys? they got this!

Monk hell ya... good dps...no problem

Bard... meh... but thats fine..have fun with it.,

my 2 cents....

ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2016, 03:13:06 pm »

Maybe swap the cleric for a zerker. Helps a lot with hands off dps really and aoe for larger pulls as you progress. I would go ahead and make a second group, kind of a support group, put one of the pallys in there to keep everyone alive. Shaman, druid, cleric, enchanter (all for buffs) and a ranger, rouge, monk, some ninja strike class to help with dps to round out. Do this before you hit t5. Youre not going to want to have to grind that out later when you decide to expand your team... which you will.

tofuprod

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2016, 03:46:28 pm »

My plan.
MAIN WAR

WOAH! tiger

you need some dps in with the heals or you will find yourself grinding to a halt chopping down trees! (mobs with tons of hps and you with no dps.. not fun!)

War as main... thats great

Paladin paladin! great choice!

Cleric...meh...why? see the 2 pallys? they got this!

Monk hell ya... good dps...no problem

Bard... meh... but thats fine..have fun with it.,

my 2 cents....

Hahah! Thanks for the 2 cents! I'll remove CLR and do Zerker? What do you think?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:48:43 pm by tofuprod » Logged
tofuprod

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2016, 03:48:31 pm »

Maybe swap the cleric for a zerker. Helps a lot with hands off dps really and aoe for larger pulls as you progress. I would go ahead and make a second group, kind of a support group, put one of the pallys in there to keep everyone alive. Shaman, druid, cleric, enchanter (all for buffs) and a ranger, rouge, monk, some ninja strike class to help with dps to round out. Do this before you hit t5. Youre not going to want to have to grind that out later when you decide to expand your team... which you will.

Noted! Thank you. I'm new to boxing, EveryOne has been a big help. I will share my adventure soon, still learning Smiley Thank you!
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2016, 09:00:02 pm »

you don't need wineq or isboxer for only a few toons.. I have 4 mains and enchanter buffbot that mainly stays in nexus..

I just launch the game 4-5 times, log in manually. it's not hard. people boxing 12-18 toons every day probably need those.  you definitely want to get familiar with MQ2 and EQBC.

KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2016, 10:02:24 pm »

When I was playing I ran 10 without wineq or isboxer.
ZerarWarrior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2016, 10:41:53 am »

I run 15-18 on the regular without using wineq or isboxer or anything else. Once you get into a groove logging them all in its no big deal.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2016, 11:48:22 am »

I play 18 and I don't use any other program but MQ

I have used wineq, and it is basically just another step that you don't need.

just make a shortcut for all your toons off the eq file, put those all in a folder, name each of them your toon's names. then make a .bat file to open each of those files, put in your password boom done

what saves some time is on your shortcut when you add the patchme, in the Target line on the properties window go ahead and add your login name, so it looks like this:

C:\everquest\eqgame.exe patchme /login:{your station name}

that way when you log in on that toon the station name is already there.

also if you are not familiar with .bat files just make a file in notepad and use this format:

start "macroquest" "C:\macroquest\macroquest
TIMEOUT 4
start "eqbc" "C:\macroquest\eqbc
TIMEOUT 4
start "toon name" "C:\folder you made with toons\toon name
TIMEOUT 4

you get the idea, just tell it to start and where the .exe file is, and just keep doing that for all your toons. save it as login.bat stick it on your desktop and double click, walk away a min come back, everyone is open to the login screen waiting on password.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 226