Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:30:21 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Allowed or not  (Read 14389 times)
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2016, 10:40:13 am »

Check out the MQ2 section on the wiki and the Macroquest posts on the forums. You can find lots of collaboration with simple set ups to get things done efficiently.

Brannyn

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2016, 02:26:30 pm »

Its all good was just passing the time. But that's what happens when you ask things people get all pissy. No arguing was just curious.

I admit my response was a bit dickish, i apologize for that. I was just a bit annoyed because the seasoned player base (i am not even including myself in this) have always understood it isnt allowed based on the rules. There may be one of them that could tell you they talked to admins privately and confirmed, but that wont be enough. However, you asked a question and dismiss the answers given unless they come from an admin....a bit annoying is all.

You were perfectly fine with your response, several people have said both on the forums and in game that it is not allowed. Someone on the forums has even stated why (It automates abilities on melees, basically making them a bot during the fight instead of a box).
Enforce/Sector

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2016, 02:30:57 pm »

Mqmelee shouldn't be allowed imo. It's literally automating your characters so I don't understand how it could be perceived as okay. For me part of the fun though is also designing complicated macros and refining over time for efficiency. Its fun being a puppet master!! That's just my 2 cents though and everyone will have a different opinion!
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2016, 07:06:43 am »

MQ2Melee are allowed, just twisting Botting Warpin are really not allowed to use but with MQ2Melee u feel free to use without any trouble

MQ2melee is not allowed. This was per Hunter ages ago, and its been pretty well documented since. MQ2melee and MQ2Cast are most definitely NOT allowed....and reading the rules makes this pretty obvious.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rakharth

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2016, 07:58:58 am »

This is why i posted this i read the rules and it tells me not allowed other newer people read it and they say it is. I used this when i first started for like 2 days and a guildy said its not allowed so havent used it since.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2016, 08:11:17 am »

You are allowed to use /stick to follow the leader of the group, and your allowed to use it on a mob AFTER your already within melee range of a mob. You are allowed to script a few Bard songs that will cycle through like melody or whatever that was. You are NOT allowed to have the program automatically attack, heal, or search/goto new mob without you having to press a key. You must be at the keyboard, and playing manually. People have been already suspended or banned for spam hailing their pet for buffs, or spam /say to enter guild instance that didn't exist, and were obvious bot with owner afk. Do don't do that stuff either.

This statement from Hunter was made in response to someone going on about MQ2Melee. Its pretty much what Melee does. Its not allowed, unless Akk decides to change that rule. I remember vividly the first time I found out it wasnt allowed.....Hunter read me the riot act after I started referring people to the MQ2 macro help page (listed in the old EZ guide) which recommended using Melee and killthis. I had to edit and amend the guide after.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kwai

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2016, 10:21:14 am »

I don't get the big deal about /melee.  I may be naïve, and not see the overt (and illegal) benefit, but Melee doesn't auto attack and you can't bot farm with it.  If something hits you, you still have to be at the keyboard to command your toons to hit back.

You have to push an attack button with each mob for it to function.  All it does .. AFAIK .. is execute /doability attacks ... kicks, punches, taunts etc... AFTER you hit the attack key.

When the vast majority of mobs die in one second (regardless of special skill attacks) I just do not see how this plugin should be a concern?  #NotGameBreaking
Enforce/Sector

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2016, 10:55:03 am »

Because its still automating your toons and the line for what's okay and isn't has to be drawn somewhere.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2016, 12:35:17 pm »

I don't get the big deal about /melee.  I may be naïve, and not see the overt (and illegal) benefit, but Melee doesn't auto attack and you can't bot farm with it.  If something hits you, you still have to be at the keyboard to command your toons to hit back.

You have to push an attack button with each mob for it to function.  All it does .. AFAIK .. is execute /doability attacks ... kicks, punches, taunts etc... AFTER you hit the attack key.

When the vast majority of mobs die in one second (regardless of special skill attacks) I just do not see how this plugin should be a concern?  #NotGameBreaking

I agree with you in that it isnt game breaking and essentially is just putting a toe over the line. Instead of pressing one button once per mob i mash my key a billion times for each mob. However, Hunter had to draw a line somewhere and it was very early on in the server. Mobs didnt die in a split second, boss fights took time. You increase the hell out of your DPS if you are casing/hitting abilities and the point is that you are the ones initiating each one of those instances so you cant throw your toons on a high hp boss and walk away to come back to loot 5 minutes later.

Bottom line this is a rule that has been around for years and while the game has changed a bit to make it not as meaningful, the spirit of the rule stands and isnt likely to be overturned.

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2016, 05:20:57 pm »

Actually the programming inherent in the plugin WILL allow you to do just that with the right command. Sure, you may not do so, but it IS still there and usable with a simple typed command.

Besides...its not needed. ANYTHING you can do with mq2melee THATS LEGAL you can do with simple macro commands that ARE allowed on EZ. MQ2Melee just saves you 30 seconds of typing....once.

Not at all unreasonable to ban it.

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439