Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 02:30:03 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Few questions from a newbie  (Read 12251 times)
Peign
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2017, 12:37:10 pm »

Currently farming BoT for gear, and some AA as well as some money. I am feeling 4 melees (swapped chanter with a zerker) is becoming a little too excessive. Also not having a proper support like buffs apart from what I get in the glades does worry me. Mobs do start to hit harder so I do want to keep my cleric. Paladin not sure... at first she was nice, but I am not getting when she gets those heal proc weapons many people states. Probably epic 1.5? I am using 2 hand weapon dropped from BoT since the original epic procs damage.

Yes I do have the Focus heal spell active and I also do have the range item purchased and equipped. Just that her heals compared to cleric's complete heal when I get like 4k damage (flurry and all other nasties on the tower bosses) not sure if paladin alone can keep up. Guess I have to see...

Ok, why limit yourself to 6 toons?     Go ahead and roll the shaman, cleric, and druid.     This post provides detailed guidance on running the maximum amount of bots.        http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2988.0
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2017, 02:19:14 pm »

It was mentioned before but its worth repeating. Take time to read the MQ2 guide on the wiki/forums. It takes a little bit of effort to understand how it functions. It can get soo much more done than what ISBox alone sounds like it can. This makes boxing 12 toons no different from boxing 6 in terms of controlling your characters.

Xeoh30

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2017, 03:57:37 pm »

Just to clarify I am using both MQ2 and Isboxer. Have been using both for a while, and am quite familiar with basic commands so yes I do understand that controlling 12 characters won't be an issue.

Ok, why limit yourself to 6 toons?     Go ahead and roll the shaman, cleric, and druid.     This post provides detailed guidance on running the maximum amount of bots.        http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2988.0
I am trying to make my base group first. Specially the tank, meaning once I reach 70 I want to grind as much AA as I can before challenging to the next progression content. I have read that Raid XP is not that great compared to Group XP (Although that post was back in 2012 so not sure how is it right now).  I have played a warrior on many EQemu and live servers and they need a ton of grinding (I know that this server uses huge amount of AAs to upgrade items), and this is the reason I want to stick with 6 at first to have a good solid group before moving on to the next 6.

If the raid experience has been changed (I have searched the forums and couldn't find those changes yet) then I may start playing with 8 maybe 9 (have all needed classes + extra healer. not sure if extra tank is needed considering paladins can also tank to an extent).

Edit: That reminds me... is there any good zone to grind AAs? I believe I need some good chunk of AA before I start epic 1.5. And yes I am going to attempt doing it without the uber buff (Still yet to know how good those buffs are) people are kindly MGBing. Although most of the time they are buffing on zones that I have never been.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 04:00:08 pm by Xeoh30 » Logged
Peign
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2017, 04:14:14 pm »

Just to clarify I am using both MQ2 and Isboxer. Have been using both for a while, and am quite familiar with basic commands so yes I do understand that controlling 12 characters won't be an issue.

I am trying to make my base group first. Specially the tank, meaning once I reach 70 I want to grind as much AA as I can before challenging to the next progression content. I have read that Raid XP is not that great compared to Group XP (Although that post was back in 2012 so not sure how is it right now).  I have played a warrior on many EQemu and live servers and they need a ton of grinding (I know that this server uses huge amount of AAs to upgrade items), and this is the reason I want to stick with 6 at first to have a good solid group before moving on to the next 6.

If the raid experience has been changed (I have searched the forums and couldn't find those changes yet) then I may start playing with 8 maybe 9 (have all needed classes + extra healer. not sure if extra tank is needed considering paladins can also tank to an extent).

Edit: That reminds me... is there any good zone to grind AAs? I believe I need some good chunk of AA before I start epic 1.5. And yes I am going to attempt doing it without the uber buff (Still yet to know how good those buffs are) people are kindly MGBing. Although most of the time they are buffing on zones that I have never been.

raid xp > group xp

Not sure you really need to worry about grinding AA's.   Level up 8-12 toons then talk to epic vendor and start progression.   AA's come quick.
Xeoh30

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2017, 04:18:33 pm »

Ah nice. Guess I have not searched enough. In that case I am probably will level a few more toons at once. Looting could be a night mare but that is somethings I have to get used to. Thank you for the info!
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439