Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 10:27:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Possibly returning  (Read 4666 times)
Sebastionleo

View Profile
« on: April 01, 2017, 12:01:12 am »

So I played on EZ about 5 years ago. Played 14 chars with 2 warriors 2 paladins a cleric and a handful of helpful supports and dps. Everybody is epic 4.0, and has T5 unlocked but that was where I stopped. Main warrior has a piece or 2 I leeched off someone else in T5. Got a UC on main paladin, and am relatively close to UC on main Warrior and Monk. How hard would it be to get back into it? I've been playing P99 for a while and am deciding between getting into EZ with a buddy of mine, or back into PEQ, or maybe playing on Phinegal, not sure, trying to get some infos about the state of some of the servers.
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:53:49 am »

I'm not exactly sure how to answer this, because I guess I am uncertain what it is you are asking.  Whether rolling new toons or just picking up where you left off, progression is incredibly streamlined and easy with the current state of EZ; all it requires is a little focus on fleshing out gear as you go.  There are multiple upgrade paths you can choose to take and each one has it's benefits and detriments. 

You can progress with a focus on fleshing out UC farming, which is exponentially easier than the old LDoN 1/600 random chance drop charm v1 upgrades and HoH Shadow chasing and trash drop grindy grind it used to be.  Now you can get random upgrade drops of either type in level-relevant content or bust it out super fast in ToFS and gear out your resist augs as you go. 

You could work on maximizing your strike augments, your non-casting support crew does exponentially more dps with tier appropriate strike augs.  Just be careful to not advance your strike augs beyond a level you are flagged for progression wise, or you'll end up having to bank them until you level again.  This is the best return on investment for the essences you'll be farming as you go.

Or you can do what the shooting stars do and allocate all of your resources to buying your warrior's gear upgrades, outpacing and outleveling your support toons but basically god-moding level relevant content.  This type also tends to forego strike aug upgrades for  support crew while pooling every essence they get to leveling an ultimate weapon.  I refer to this method as the shooting stars method because more often than not, the person using this method ends up realizing at some point that they trivialized the content by always outgearing it and rushing through it as fast as possible and end up either burning out because lack of challenge getting to the end game or burning out because when they get to the end game they realize how woefully undergeared the other toons in their crew are and piss and moan about how shit's too hard at the end game and just stop logging in.

No matter how you choose to play, progression can be as linear as you want it to be or as erratic and aimless as you want it to be.  The beauty of EZ is you play on your own time and you play the game the way you want to.  If you want to hardcore it, you have that option...if you want to get away from RL for a while while enjoying some pretty solid content but don't want to have to spend hours a day to accomplish anything, there's that here....if you hate the idea of fighting over spawns, you can create your own instance of a zone and grind away in solitude...you want to pair up with someone at the same point of progression you are, no problem, just invite them into your private instance...you don't know how much you want to bother grinding and aimlessly slaughtering mobs but you like active /ooc banter, EZ has a pretty active /ooc channel that ranges from the mundane to the whatthefuckarethesepeoplesmoking.

Nobody can answer for you whether EZ is a good fit or not, but spend a week here and it'll be pretty easy to answer for yourself.  Douchebags are rare and people are invariably happy to help out, many vested players with free waypoint makers are happy to pop an instance for free.  The answer to the question I never really saw you ask is, Does any of this appeal to you on any level?  If so, jump on and /ooc introduce yourself...most people are board lurkers and will know there's a new guy looking for a home and the best thing for a community like EZ is fresh faces and a growing community.

tldr; <-- This fucking guy doesn't even play here anymore, ignore the above wall of text
synthaxx_17

rawr!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 09:18:16 pm »

and piss and moan about how shit's too hard at the end game and just stop logging in.

Grin

Ectheldir/Thoruz
(Alliance of the Savage)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2017, 12:06:47 am »

you're about where I was when I came back..

there's nothing really difficult about getting back into it, but some stuff has changed so there's a few things you should do right away..

- level cap has been raised, but you don't level with XP. now you level up with each new tier you unlock. so your T5 guys at level 70 are behind a few levels - have all of your toons hail the Level up Wench in nexus to add the missing levels.

- epics are now augs instead of weapons. you can keep your old epic weapons, but when you get the next level epic you'll have to turn them in. make sure you take all augs out first!

- speaking of augs, you can only put 1 strike aug in each weapon now (2 in 2Hers). if you have old weapons with 2-3 strike augs you'll need to visit the Augment Sealer and follow the prompts to recover "stuck" augs.  also type #claim to recover augs that may have been deleted.

- all your AA's have been reset (refunded). so make sure you buy them again. somewhere on this forum there's a script (MQ2) that will purchase all AA's for you.

- speaking of AA's, the Ring of Ages has been expanded to level 1000 now and you level it up using AA's, instead of the old method (de-level to 1 and level up again).

there's also lots of new quests like the Mask of Experience, Mana Necklace, etc  etc that you'll find out about.

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 10:01:36 am »

I think it's a great time to come back to EZ Server to play.

Being T5 already is a huge jump start. I think you will be able to get back in and smoothly roll forward.

The server has undergone a lot of changes, but I am sure you can pick up on those changes really quickly.

Also would be a great time to evaluate your team(s) and add as you see fit or replace as needed in your line up's.

Hope to see you on and grinding soon. The wiki and forums I'm sure can get you up to speed in no time.

Have fun with your ultimate comeback tour!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439