Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:30:10 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Author Topic: Happy days for players  (Read 10701 times)
Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 01:32:17 am »

At the risk of further convoluting this thread further off topic from what it was originally intended for, the MPG abuses for at least some part of it was abusing the level check to allow farming higher level essences than a toon would otherwise have access to...ie flagged for T4 but farming T7 essences and also abusing the level the mobs would spawn...hacking the way the instance would populate level-wise and powerfarming undercons.  There was more to the headache it caused Akka and Rent, but this kind of touches on the problem(s) this instance posed balance wise.
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2018, 12:44:50 pm »

It certainly feels like drops are nerfed at times, but then you'll have days where you get a boatload of loot, 5 GSoA, etc. Random luck is random, and that's all there is to it.

After getting Svartmane on 3x loot, TWICE, I can say it's just damn random. There are days where I kill 15 Tserrina, and see no Svartmane.

If you had consistent drop rates everywhere, knew that if you pulled 100 mobs you would get "item X", it would really skew the excitement of actually receiving the item.

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2018, 03:17:15 pm »

The mentioned MPG exploits happened back when I was on EZ break, but I've heard about the instance after I came back. I think it's really sad that it was exploited.

Coming off a DL weekend farming essences from Qvic to ToV, I can say that it works pretty good over all in my experience. The only real pain I had was farming Abyss essences Angry (if you don't count numb fingers after spawing hundreds of T1-2 bosses)

That said, I would love to have an alternate way of getting the essences and other stuff that you need, when focus switches from levelling and gearing in tiers to making some ultimate weapons, strike augments, and SoA's.

I just hope Rent and Akka finds time at some point to make something more "bulletproof". And I also hope that people play honest and report issues, not take advantage of them. It kind of just messes it up for everyone.

TLDR: Abyss sucks!

Rent Due
EZ Server Admin GM
Administrator
Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2018, 08:59:30 pm »

I don't know how else to state that item drops or spawns haven't changed. I seriously doubt they would be midnight nerfed without me knowing.

My last post on this topic, I guess people can believe whatever they want, but there hasn't been any nerfs on loot or spawns except what is stated in posts and #changelog

/shrug

Pages: 1 [2]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053