Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:12:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: EZ Halloween 2018  (Read 18344 times)
mousebane

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2018, 08:32:37 pm »

RE: "Getting everything too fast destroys the fun of a game by making it to quick. These items do exactly that so the drop rates as they are right now are perfectly fine in normal zones (if not a tad bit too high actually)."

I totally disagree with you on that. 
Case in point: UW progression.
Example: MPG being removed.  Was it buggy?  Yes.  Are there other options?  Yes.  But, the issue is, there are LESS options than there used to be to get essences and hive shards...and certainly less variety if you got bored with one way of doing it, you had another.
Example: Seemingly less and less lowbies selling GSoAs and Essences.  Is that due to drop rates or less noobies or greedier lowbies?  it doesn't matter, it means less options for players.  Tons of cash but no way to buy the needed parts when no one is selling.  Tons of aa, but no way to invest it into needed things.
Example: Scorpion Tails drop less than in the past.  Are they required?  no.  Did they make the game more fun?  Yes.  Should we be happy with anything?  probably.  But, even if its by design to stop abuse/overuse by some, the fun is lessened a bit.  That doesn't mean we don't want to put in the time and effort to do the grind that is needed, it means we love the fact that Akka thought outside that box by introducing the scorpion tails, DLs, and TLs, and that is awesome.  It was a wonderful idea and an example of how insightful, innovative responses can make the entire game hugely entertaining because we can make a small event anytime WE like.  Talk about player friendly and a great idea.  MORE of that type of thinking, not LESS!!!!

That fits a boxing server mode to me, making the game more fun not less fun. 
Slow and mind-numbingly grindy was never appreciated by players, not back on live and not now.

Then again, I am still working my UWs and progression....and maybe that's the difference in my perception compared to others.
/rant off
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2018, 10:39:58 am »

Happy Halloween good people of EZ  Wink

Pubis

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2018, 11:39:11 am »

I think people are exaggerating the drop rates or are just getting bad RNG. I was pulling for I think 2 hours or so in loping the other day and was slowly getting more ZP than I was using.

I actually think it's the opposite. Those two hours aren't real indicative of the drop rate changes. In the 4 days since nerf they have been roughly as rare as any other drop. I have no idea how many mobs are in loping planes but HoH or qvic seem to be about 1 in 3 or 4 clears down from >1 per pull. Furthermore, there's a threshold where you go from getting more than you use to getting less than you use where even a small adjustment in drop rate can fundamentally alter their purpose... in this case we would all agree that the change pushed us over that threshold. As such, our kill rate has also plummeted so the drop rate went down and the kill rate went down and those two things compound multiplicatively.
Peign
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2018, 12:57:15 pm »

I think people are exaggerating the drop rates or are just getting bad RNG. I was pulling for I think 2 hours or so in loping the other day and was slowly getting more ZP than I was using.

I actually think it's the opposite. Those two hours aren't real indicative of the drop rate changes. In the 4 days since nerf they have been roughly as rare as any other drop. I have no idea how many mobs are in loping planes but HoH or qvic seem to be about 1 in 3 or 4 clears down from >1 per pull. Furthermore, there's a threshold where you go from getting more than you use to getting less than you use where even a small adjustment in drop rate can fundamentally alter their purpose... in this case we would all agree that the change pushed us over that threshold. As such, our kill rate has also plummeted so the drop rate went down and the kill rate went down and those two things compound multiplicatively.

Oh noes!

This is some elite level QQ!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988