Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 05:25:30 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: soloing questions  (Read 11856 times)
Boraxo

View Profile
« on: July 06, 2010, 07:48:05 am »

I've boxed on regular EQ, which I've played for years.  I just don't want to here.  I want to know how far I can get soloing (warrior).  I'm very patient.  Any specific suggestions would be helpful. 

Oh, at the moment I'm level 65. 

Also, I know I saw some info on the requirements for the ring of ages quests somewhere, but now I just can't find it (I know I delevel and all that, but can't find the specifics any more).

Thanks.
youthdragon

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2010, 09:26:07 am »

Solo you won't be doing jack once you hit 70..  You MIGHT MIGHT get lucky and someone will group with you to get you your 1.5 and Maybe your 2.0..  If I was you I would look for a guild like one box army.  Or just break down and 6 to 12 box like 90% of the server does.
Halan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2010, 12:02:49 pm »

Are you willing to box 1 extra character? Even boxing 1 cleric will get you much further. Otherwise you are probably limited to finding a guild as mentioned above.  I boxed a war/clr through PoTime fairly easily. (Though fights take forever.)

If you are patient, you can still accomplish a lot solo. Work on RoA, AA's and upgrades and I am sure you can do just fine albeit much slower than boxing.

Halan the Awesome Assling - 70 War
Manaroo the Halfling Healer - 70 Clr
Dernwyn Fizzlefingers - 70 Pld
Drethkin GoldPockets - 70 Rng
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2010, 12:58:16 pm »

I was able to solo quite easily with a ranger up to LDON/2.5 (of course for the bosses I had help or formed a group *gasp* yes a real group with real other actual people...)  But the ranger can heal at least (don't laugh, with healing focus it heals about 3k with crits to 6k, not bad when you're sitting at about 17-19k hps, casts quickly too I can even heal myself in combat 2-3x easily with casting AAs).  I think you might be better off with a paladin, or SK even, otherwise with warrior I think you're going to be sitting around clicking your CH book a lot...

Also keep in mind people *do* group on this server, and there are active guilds taking in new members.. you don't HAVE to solo all the time.

That said I'm glad I made a dr00d healbot to follow me around... I can actually do bosses now..

Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2010, 02:26:12 pm »

I'm not totally opposed to grouping or even a guild, but I play sporadically and often not for very long periods of time.  I'm always afraid I would not be exactly what a group or guild was looking for. 

I also play at work sometimes where I am subject to unexpected afk's, if you know what i mean. 

I also like the challenge of soloing and seeing what I can do by myself, but it's starting to look like it's not going to be all that much beyond levelling to 70 over and over again. 

I guess I'll see.  Thanks for the replies.
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2010, 02:42:46 pm »

well at least you can work on your AoR leveling to 70 a hundred times =)
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2010, 03:29:44 pm »

Yeah I did that, 3 times.. ZZZZzzz.  Pretty slow doing it solo.  That's really what I made the druid for (regen and DS for pulling zomg hueg trains in Citymist..).  RoA and charm upgrades really help a lot.  And of course epics...

Darkest

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2010, 08:31:44 pm »

I would strongly suggest you switch to an SK or Pally if solo'ing, SK in particular if you need to afk a lot as you can FD for safety and you get a nice pet to help with re-buffs if you do CG/FG quests.  Solability with either of these will help a lot as they have much higher survivability with self-heal taps/procs and their DPS is reasonable.

Nine
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2010, 09:29:21 pm »

Paladin is extremely nice now; even if only for support.  Loving the group heals!

Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 06:25:36 am »

But, but...

I'm a warrior.  Sad
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 12:39:45 pm »

Solo you can get up to 70 easy.  You can solo some trash in BoT and MAYBE TimeA with a wizard henchman.  Multiple pulls are going to rape you without discs (and probably with discs in TimeA).

Get a healer buddy and you can get into TimeA easy.

You're going to need at least a good 3-4 box (or a group) to do 1.5 mobs; especially Dragon Slave and Terror/Quill.

Tabaisu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 06:35:21 pm »

If you're stuck on not boxing (nothing wrong with that, I prefer to go solo), and are not opposed to a guild, I strongly suggest One Box Army. Alot of us do box, but there's almost always someone to help out those that don't (or can't).

Tabaisu - 70 Nemesis
Daesdanya -  66 Paladin
Pylandria - 66 Necromancer

...and so many more alts in my addiction...
<One Box Army>
Boraxo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 08:52:57 pm »

If you're stuck on not boxing (nothing wrong with that, I prefer to go solo), and are not opposed to a guild, I strongly suggest One Box Army. Alot of us do box, but there's almost always someone to help out those that don't (or can't).
I think I may look into that.  I did my first RoA run today.  Went from 1 to just a hair short of 69 in probably 7 and a half hours actually playing with just buff bot buffs..  I could see ways to make that faster, but most of them involve either making at least a couple buff alts on another account, or having someone around to help occasionally.  

I can box on this computer and I've done it a lot before - I've been a main raid tank and boxed (at different times) both a cleric and rogue at the same time, but it is stressful for me (I'm not young) and pretty much took all the fun out of playing.  I just decided I wasn't going to do it at all any more.

So, I think I'll probably take your suggestion.  I do enjoy grouping at times, and I can see that a lot of the things that would help me the most (epics and FG) are going to require a group at some point.
Slackoff01

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 11:31:32 am »

Come to OBA.

we have huge populayion and always ppl on. Many of us have been or are in same situation. Thus the creation of One Box Army. even if just for a trial run to see if our play times whatever work for you...I have yet to log on anytime of day or night and see less than 12+ ppl online.

-=tomax=-
<One Box Army>

OMG that is Justin Timberlake,, never knew he played on EZ

/nice duck face
Boneman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 11:33:28 am »

Come to OBA.

we have huge populayion and always ppl on. Many of us have been or are in same situation. Thus the creation of One Box Army. even if just for a trial run to see if our play times whatever work for you...I have yet to log on anytime of day or night and see less than 12+ ppl online.

-=tomax=-
<One Box Army>

Could not have said that better myself.  Been in oba for 2 weeks now and they are great!  It is a good place to help and be helped.
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 172