Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2024, 11:35:20 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Offensive Guild Name  (Read 22559 times)
Darkest

View Profile
« on: July 07, 2010, 09:45:21 am »

Now, I know there is a thread for offensive names that go against Hunter's naming policy, and thats all fine and well, but when I saw this guild name it just made me /boggle !!

I've nothing against anyone in the guild, but cant for the life of me understand how this guild was created: Aryan Brotherhood

For those who might not know: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aryan_Brotherhood

Like I say, nothing against the people in the guild, I personally dont know or have any dealings with any of them, but that name rings so many alarm bells its defies belief.

Nine
Balthor2
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 10:23:05 am »

Yes I was more then a little upset when I noticed that.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:29 am »

Yes I was more then a little upset when I noticed that.

Agreed. Idk what is going on with this, but hey its not my server. Maybe things just fly however. Making my new ranger tonight named Kiddy Rapist_the_Drug_Dealer
and joining the Aryan Brotherhood...

No limits right?

PORTIS

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 10:53:19 am »

And to think my char needed renaming cause he was called Nipple. I work in one of Englands most racist regions now I have to play EQ with these fucktards.  Angry Humour is one thing but this cuts deeper.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 10:58:21 am »

And to think my char needed renaming cause he was called Nipple. I work in one of Englands most racist regions now I have to play EQ with these fucktards.  Angry Humour is one thing but this cuts deeper.

I know right? All about shock value I guess

Mirielle
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 11:02:44 am »

Guild definately needs to be re-named.....
trendkiller

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 12:40:54 pm »

Well it wasnt offensive to the asshats that thought it up, or who choose to join it. So since a select few don't mind or care....why should they have to change it?
I mean the naming policy obviously is not being enforced here, so why is this racists bigotry expected to be altered?

And no I am not racist, or Pro-AB. But I am a firm believer in overall fairness. And quite a few people have already complained of completely retarded, pointless, annnnnnnnnd offensive names that they see on other peoples characters.

See link: http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=141.0

SO if a mass enforcement is not going to be made towards them. Then this should be overlooked as well.

I personally hope this guild gets deleted or altered, because I see it as the proprietors are either completely devoid of actual marginal intelligence or they are just straight up assholes to promote a name which holds a lot of negative connotation.

I don't care WHO the person or people are, if they have stupid/offensive/racist/retarded/ or pointless names as their character and/or guild they need to be changed.

In Summation:

These current issues contained herein massively derail from the whole gameplay experience as a rpg and from mirrored asshatedness in the real world. I come here to relive my EQ experience and the enhancement that hunter and crew have added provided via custom content. NOT to run across characters named "poon_raper","wantsome_nutz_in_you_mouth", "yellow_avain_shit_talker", "gank gank _shoot_them_up" or arrogance such as "aryan brotherhood"

THIS HAS NOTHING TO FUCKING DO WITH EQ

We want to enjoy this game, not shudder everytime we see this shit.
We really need to purge the world of the derailment.

Shit I would even give up my personal play time to /guide and take on the task of enforcing a name policy.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 12:45:15 pm by trendkiller » Logged

<insert lame excuse to try to be original here>
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 12:47:22 pm »

Why is this group offensive?  The only acts of racism were against another racist group, and I quote:

By the 1990s the AB was less about killing for racist reasons and more about power and organized-crime activities: drugs, prostitution, hits for hire

It's just a gang, most of whom are in prison.  Who the hell cares?

Mirielle
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 12:50:54 pm »

You're kidding, right??

Re-read the article linked and then come back and say there is nothing wrong with naming a guild after this particular group of people.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2010, 12:53:22 pm »

You're kidding, right??

Re-read the article linked and then come back and say there is nothing wrong with naming a guild after this particular group of people.

Yes I'm serious.  Please enlighten me.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2010, 12:58:00 pm »

lol yeah guys why is that racist I mean the Nazis just burned a few jews what's wrong with that lulz

brb to make Nazi_JewGassers

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2010, 01:00:17 pm »

lol yeah guys why is that racist I mean the Nazis just burned a few jews what's wrong with that lulz

They don't represent the nazis.

I'm not defending these guys but I have yet to see a defining reason to why they are "offensive."

Mirielle
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2010, 01:02:51 pm »

How about this?

Years active:    1964-present
Territory:    federal prison system, California, Texas, New York, Ohio and Arizona
Ethnicity:    White
Membership:    15,000+[citation needed]
Criminal activities:    Murder, assault, Drug trafficking, Extortion, Racketeering, Arms trafficking, and inmate prostitution
Allies: Mexican Mafia, Nazi Lowriders, Public Enemy No. 1,[1] Hells Angels, Gambino crime family,[2] Philadelphia crime family,[2] Irish Mob.[3]

and

The AB has focused on the economic activities typical of organized crime entities, particularly drug trafficking, extortion, inmate prostitution, and murder-for-hire.
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2010, 01:05:12 pm »

You just re-iterated what I already said--they are a gang. 

What is OFFENSIVE?

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2010, 01:09:28 pm »

They don't represent the nazis.

I'm not defending these guys but I have yet to see a defining reason to why they are "offensive."
Are you high?  Their logo is a swaztika.

This guild should not only be deleted but everyone in it should be permabanned.

In fact if that doesn't happen I'll have to seriously reconsider playing here.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 172