Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:19:53 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Sucking plat off server  (Read 3620 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2020, 04:11:36 pm »

Just a thought but how about either making the EoBA or RoA or a new item that will require plat to upgrade instead of AA? This will suck plat off the server and possibly make plat something of value again.  Just a thought but seems like an easy enough fix to help with the server economy.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 06:48:33 pm »

Just a thought but how about either making the EoBA or RoA or a new item that will require plat to upgrade instead of AA? This will suck plat off the server and possibly make plat something of value again.  Just a thought but seems like an easy enough fix to help with the server economy.

What I read  : How about we add yet another way to bleed the gsoa from new and upcoming players.

The server economy is what it is - Currently it does not favor PP.

Server does not have the population that it used to - PP is relatively easy to come by, as with almost anything else.

I did not study economics, and I do not know how to fix it, I might even doubt it can be fixed, or needs to be fixed - Adding another PP sink like this certainly wont fix it - If anything, it will unload PP from old players, and bleed the gsoa from the new and upcoming. I think a fundamental rethink is needed, if someone truly cared to do something about it.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2020, 07:12:21 pm »

What I read  : How about we add yet another way to bleed the gsoa from new and upcoming players.
[/quote]

You read what you want into it....I never once said anything about bleeding anything from anybody...all I am suggesting is a way to fix the economy of the server.  If you want to get your panties in a bunch feel free.  I am just looking for a way to help the server as a whole....I personally thnk wiping all the plat from the server then implementing this is the best course of action....but I didnt go that far.  I also think GSoA should not drop in any zone prior to T7....but I also didnt go that far....

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 07:21:50 pm »

You read what you want into it....I never once said anything about bleeding anything from anybody...all I am suggesting is a way to fix the economy of the server.  If you want to get your panties in a bunch feel free.  I am just looking for a way to help the server as a whole....I personally thnk wiping all the plat from the server then implementing this is the best course of action....but I didnt go that far.  I also think GSoA should not drop in any zone prior to T7....but I also didnt go that far....
[/quote]

You're just a fountain of great ideas, arent you?

How long did you play on this server again?

C'mon man, be serious here.

Anyone with more PP than they can ever spend has broken into t10 - Anyone well into t10 hardly needs anything but .. drumroll .. gsoa .. like yourself - Maybe the odd gss, which will hardly be sold for PP.

Play ignorant, talk about my panties all you want - Fact is, the only thing people with PP needs is .. you guessed it : gsoa

No? - Prove me wrong, and tell me what you'd trade your hard earned PP for to a new player who has nothing but bone chips and a tofs 1 essence he just got lucky with - Of course you're going to snag that gsoa, which is the only thing they have, that you want.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:27:34 pm by Ekiir » Logged

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 02:48:55 pm »

So if sucking plat off the server is a hunt to take GSoA from newbies (since GSoA are fairly expensive IF you can find someone selling them(which has been a long time since I have been able to do that)).....how exactly does that work IF plat is spent on other items?  The whole reason for RoA AND EoBA using Alternate Advancement points was so players could spend AA on things that were nice using a form of currency that isn't being utilized (past purchasing available AA abilities etc)....how is using plat to do the exact...same...thing any different?  How is it a way to undermine any newbs?  Maybe I am not seeing something you are so please point it out to me.

Ekiir

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 07:15:36 pm »

As you named the topic of this thread : 'sucking plat off server' I assume you refer to the gazillions of plat that are being held by oldtimers and end-game players, since new people hardly make enough in their first playthrough to max out their main warrior - You seek to find some alternative use for this astronomus amount of PP, that we're all stranded with - To that end, you decided that putting a PP tax on (for instance RoA) is a great idea, the same RoA which almost exclusively are done by new players, the RoA which plays a vital part in progression, especially the first time through.

Who will this tax impact? - Me? you? Anyone with trillions of PP on their accounts? - No, it will impact all new and upcoming players who decided to try out EZ-server, who per definition are already poor, who will find it near impossible to afford this tax - So we're back at my previous argument, what does new_player_001 do, who finds himself out of cash, can't afford to progress his RoA(with PP tax), can't afford to buy strike augs, can't afford level his SoA, on top of trying to level UW.

- he can either grind it out (will be a very very long and mind numbing grind)
- he can seek to trade his way into some cash

And thus we arrive at the gsoa - The people who are holding all the money needs one thing, and one thing alone, gsoa - Sure, there will be the odd trade involving SLS, essencences or other trade goods, but the majority will be traded in the single only thing end-game people need : gsoa

You're right, the trade "PP for gsoa" has become more rare recently, but I am guessing that is partially due to the amount of PP people are willing to trade them for has gone so high that any one new player can probably progress several tiers  by selling just one gsoa.

I have no idea what kind of numbers you had in mind when you posted, assuming you really want to drain the server, it would have to be a significant amount (per RoA level) - It's not like PP is hard to come by, in the end-game, and it's the end-game money you're after?

EoA is different as it is purely end-game people who do this, adding a PP tax here is trivial and wont impact as hard, as we can just farm the PP, no sweat - Because of the tax, cash will then flow from endgame-players towards EoA, making it even harder for the new people to trade their way into it (less PP per gsoa traded)

As said in my first post, I do not know economics, and I do not know how to fix the server economy, or the PP situation - It would require an end to end rework, I do however not think adding a PP tax that will hit new players is the way to go or fix anything other than making it harder to start new on EZ-Server.

Hell, maybe we can ask Akka to open a GSOA vendor, that would probably make more sense XD

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 07:34:36 pm »

The RoA and EoBA is just a thought...a whole new item(which i did mention in the original post) was my main train of thought...maybe I should have led with that. RoA use to cap at 100 so maybe make every rank to 100 be AA based and every level after that be a mix of AA and plat....Either way i think siphoning most of the plat off the server is the best idea...possibly just wiping ALL plat off every toon and then implementing this idea is probably the best idea to fix it. Like you said are VERY few true newbs this would affect as not much new blood is on server anyway....and would help the server economy as a whole.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 07:39:45 pm by Raygan » Logged

Warrchar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2020, 10:06:42 pm »

Why not just make a GSOA/essence vendor  I would spend 25m for a sunderock essence or 100m for a gsoa, heck make them 50m a essence and 200m a gsoa just to unload the endless amounts of plat accumulated across toons. people still would have to burn through billions just to do a single toon. I mean eventually you end up back where you started with plat you dont have a reason to spend once youve maxed out the toons. But you prevent hurting new players from plat taxes and with the plat not doing anything for the end game folks anyway, you at least have a way to add value back to even bothering to collect plat with essences and purchased gsoas trading for other items from players. 
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2020, 08:46:55 pm »

It isnt just about making GSoA or essences or anything to be easier to buy it is an attempt to make plat something of value again.....how many times do you hear, once a player gets to a certain level, "plat does me no good anymore".....must be a way to fix that!

Dimur

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2020, 08:56:24 pm »

If you could trade plat for currency in WOW, maybe you could pay the server GM to devote attention to this server and resolve issues like this.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 62