Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:59:16 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Login issues  (Read 1768 times)
Panicstrike

View Profile
« on: June 20, 2021, 11:07:59 am »

Hey guys hoping to find someone who can help me get started back up on ez server!! I am running on a Hotspot it used to work but I took a break for several months thought I might need to re-download some files or something.
So I have downloaded both the mq2 and server files again  I followed the instructions on the getting started guide.
Now when I attempt to start mq2 and then run the EQBCserver client the server client always says
"Waiting for connection to port 2112" I just can't seem to wrap my head around it any ideas on what I could do im more of the Google it and fix it kind of computer guy here so a decent detailed walkthrough would help me a lot here

I have went into firewall and made an acception on inbound rules for tcp and udp port 2112 not sure how much this helps cause I honestly have my firewall turned off.
RedDwarf

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2021, 11:48:08 am »

Not exactly sure what issue your having atm, "Login Issues"
Are you able to start eqgame.exe and login through the eqemu login server and get in game (RoF2 client recommended) if you haven't downloaded that?

MQ2 shouldn't effect logging into EZ, loaded or not
EQBC is basically just a chat server relay to send commands to other clients

The "Waiting for connection on port 2112" is normal, you will see characters connecting when they are in game, may have to use /bccmd connect if they don't automatically connect

Will try to assist, just need a bit more info on issue

Red

Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2021, 12:06:00 pm »

It sounds like you're not trying to launch the game itself, MQ2 and EQBC help to login, but you have to create a .bat file to execute the login.

To keep it simple, open Notepad, and copy and paste the following (CHANGE THE FOLDER DRIVE AND LOCATION (UNDERLINED) TO MATCH WHERE YOU'VE INSTALLED YOUR COPY OF EQ)

Copy Start

C:
cd \EZ Server2\everquest_rof2

start eqgame.exe patchme

Copy end

After you've copy/pasted the above, save the file as EZLogin.bat  if you don't specifically save it as a .bat file, it will just open Notepad again.

I have heard of people having an issue with this launching the game, however it minimizes it to the taskbar. If this happens, hover over the icon, then right click in the tiny black preview window, right click minimize, then do it again and maximize and it should pull up. If this works, come back, and we can go over creating autologins to simplify further.

-Draca

Panicstrike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2021, 01:01:32 pm »

Thanks guys I got it I figured it out lol was me not realizing I had to start the client oooops thought I should see results on the eqbc server client before I started the server haha my bad
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 91