Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 12, 2024, 09:11:09 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: Should Fighter and Caster Guild Items be no drop?
YES
NO

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: FG/CG Items No Drop?  (Read 47764 times)
Gunther

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2010, 05:50:56 pm »

Shame you would think a 6+ boxer with a 110k  unbuffed tank couldn't do these runs on own.

Now where did I say that?
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2010, 09:22:31 pm »

Making these items no-drop does not address the lack of items where the bottlenecks are happening.
Every toon camping these items has another toon capable of camping them.

There needs to be more than just one kd camp.
Even the guild instances for guk dont help the newcomers and might even turn them away.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2010, 09:31:03 pm »

No drop/lore tag would not settle anything. It would just mean a bunch of mages down there camping stuff and cothing a toon as needed.

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2010, 09:54:03 pm »

if the KD drop rate was increased and with lguk already instanced i think no drop would work fine.

when people progress by getting run though a zone they dont really learn anything, they sit back and follow the uber person killing anything. if you cant do the zone yourself the first thing that comes to mind is hey lets get a group, not let see who i can pay to do this for me.

imo progression should be get to 70, get a guild work on progression. problem is all the established guilds had requirements of T1 ect. the good news in lots of new , newb friendly guilds have started up and with guild instances, guilds should be encourage more for new players. players in guilds make friends and ask friends and guild mates questions instead of server wide ooc. i am sure everyone would love a reduction of in that.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 13, 2010, 11:11:14 am »

No-drop is a sledgehammer solution that causes other problems.  That's the kind of thing SOE would do!  Grin

Instances are a much much better solution, but you need to get the costs and time limits balanced.  100k is too much IMO, and I don't know why you want to limit it to guilds only.  Hushed Banquet (2.5) has a group option, lguk and anything leading up to that should also.

nuska

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

Make the stuff no-drop, and if you feel that someone will just setup a CoH mage, really? So you feel they are going to be CoHing people there for 6 hours straight? Are you nuts? That in its self is grieving people, if you are not there to kill something and then but in line to loot something, that is complete BS, Didn’t you learn in school you don’t but in line? Or don’t you kids learn anything in school anymore.

People can do what they please with the mobs they kill. For the full 30min corpse timer, it is theirs. Just because someone kills the mob and does not need the item, does not mean it's the next person in line turn. I would be careful, people are fraps happy and would have no problem turning in the ninja/ks evidence.

Camping a mob until you feel you have everything you need is in no way griefing btw. If i legitimately wanted 10 KD's and had the time to camp it, i will stay there. I dont care who's crying about needing it, i really wouldn't be phased. I woke up earlier, waited longer, stayed up later to get my camp... and guess what, im going to use it for as long as i can. So stop crying because you're being "griefed" by people progressing their chars in a completely legit/ fair way. Either put in the time or stfu

amen
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 14, 2010, 07:19:39 am »

Just had a cool idea.

Use the bazaar zone to be a place to buy items you can't usually get, making an economy.

And allow people to set up trader, to put FG/CG items up for sale.  That and im sure there will be quite a market for ROA items people can ALSO farm.

/shrug. Kinda a cool idea. might be hard to implement. That coupled with 3 places to get FG/CG items might do wonders.
longdarkhair

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2010, 03:23:34 pm »

My play-style is to NOT buy anything from other players I can get myself.  To me, playing the game, ie.. going and getting the items I need, is what it is all about.  Whatever solution you come up with, don't make it so the preferred way of getting the items is to buy from someone else.

If you have to make them lore or no-trade, so be it.  Also, make it against the Rules of Conduct to sell no-drop items.  That way those of us who want to PLAY THE GAME can have fun going down and getting our items.  The CG/FG items in particular are part of almost a required progression on this server, so it is very lucrative for those people who are camping them 24/7.  That in itself should be your answer as to why these need to be no-drop.

I would imagine that a majority of the people who have selected the "no" option are those people who like to camp and sell REQUIRED items to other people, mostly new people, who do not even have the option to be able to play properly because of the way things are now.

Thanks
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 04:57:15 pm by longdarkhair » Logged
talanos

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2010, 04:08:06 pm »

I originally thought they should stay tradeable and voted no because of economy and the fact that you can still camp them with alts, but since then I have thought about it some more and think that maybe they should become no drop.  Here's my thought: if they were no drop, even if you could camp them with an army of alts, why would you?  If you are already past the guild stage in progression, wouldn't you just completely forget about camping the items?  Would anyone actually level up a box that they didn't intent to play for the sole purpose of having it pick up guild items?

If anyone has a good answer to that, I think it may be the crux of the argument.
Razormaw

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2010, 04:23:44 pm »

I would imagine that a majority of the people who have selected the "no" option are those people who like to camp and sell REQUIRED items so other people

I voted no, and have never sold or traded a single CG/FG item. In fact, I gave away a few extras I obtained during double drop days.

I voted no because I believe there are better options. That, and I am better able to farm items for my alts on my monk than I would on a caster. I can zerg down to a camp and kill the train on my monk. Casters would require a slow crawl down to camp.

Make each Guild step requirement drop from multiple zones/camps. Be it different items, or the same item added to another mob's loot table. The answer to overpopulation causing huge backlogs is not solved by the no drop flag.

It is solved by making it drop more often and/or from more camps.

Making it nodrop just solves people selling to trade, and not all of those people are as greedy as you obviously think they are.

Razormaw the Leaping Lizard - 70 2x 3.0 Monk
Razamataz - 70 3.0 Mage
Razin Bran the Cereal Killer - 70 2.0 Paladin
<Baked Potato>
longdarkhair

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 14, 2010, 05:08:22 pm »

Quote from: Razormaw

Making it nodrop just solves people selling to trade, and not all of those people are as greedy as you obviously think they are.
[/quote

I didn't mean to imply everyone is greedy, my apologies.   Also, I do like the idea of placing these items as random drops in zones, that would be a good solution as well.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:32:24 pm by longdarkhair » Logged
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 14, 2010, 05:50:02 pm »

My play-style is to NOT buy anything from other players I can get myself.  To me, playing the game, ie.. going and getting the items I need, is what it is all about.  Whatever solution you come up with, don't make it so the preferred way of getting the items is to buy from someone else.

Dont want to interact with people, be a part of the economy, etc...  go play a single player RPG. Seriously, wtf is the point in even playing here if you dont want the feeling of competition and accomplishment? You work hard for gear, it shows... not only that you are "uber" but also better than the ones who complain about why things are so hard and its "such a bottle neck to actually compete for items". Give me a break, quit EQ and go play something easy mode.

If you have to make them lore or no-trade, so be it.  Also, make it against the Rules of Conduct to sell no-drop items.  That way those of us who want to PLAY THE GAME can have fun going down and getting our items.  The CG/FG items in particular are part of almost a required progression on this server, so it is very lucrative for those people who are camping them 24/7.  That in itself should be your answer as to why these need to be no-drop.

Against the rules to camp an item? Dude, stop talking. You sound like a stupid noob. If i can make money selling loot rights to something I CAMPED MYSELF then who's to say i shouldn't? just because you'd get butt hurt that im taking advantage what i am camping, making a profit on top of it all, I should stop.... Right....

I would imagine that a majority of the people who have selected the "no" option are those people who like to camp and sell REQUIRED items to other people, mostly new people, who do not even have the option to be able to play properly because of the way things are now.

Actually this is usually reversed. New people camp this stuff to sell to high end folks. This is done so they can skip the work of actually doing Qvic on their own, and have someone else do it for them. No shame in it, look at big name businesses now a days.... Think Bill Gates actually does half as much as his many many workers? No. He lets other people do the work, present it to him, takes the credit for the work, and pays the worker for his good job. Same thing here. The worker (new person) camps the FG/CG items, presents to high end player , worker gets the Qvic flags, and High End Player gets the set without camping it all himself. Nice sense of economy to me. Good and Service exchange.

I originally thought they should stay tradeable and voted no because of economy and the fact that you can still camp them with alts, but since then I have thought about it some more and think that maybe they should become no drop.  Here's my thought: if they were no drop, even if you could camp them with an army of alts, why would you?  If you are already past the guild stage in progression, wouldn't you just completely forget about camping the items?  Would anyone actually level up a box that they didn't intent to play for the sole purpose of having it pick up guild items?

If anyone has a good answer to that, I think it may be the crux of the argument.

You camp these with an army because you do need them. If you have an army of characters, it normally means you can do Qvic with ease, so no need to camp these unless you need them. You just camp them to add to your army. Flag all chars both FG and CG, or make a new DPS class, etc...

In addition to this, yes you would still make a class to farm this kinda stuff in case it were for some reason made no-drop. Mages would be great for this. See a previous post by me to see what i mean. 6 mages, 1 at each camp, then have char who needs pieces in zone. CotH him around to get everything required

longdarkhair

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 14, 2010, 06:40:27 pm »

Dont want to interact with people, be a part of the economy, etc...  go play a single player RPG. Seriously, wtf is the point in even playing here if you dont want the feeling of competition and accomplishment? You work hard for gear, it shows... not only that you are "uber" but also better than the ones who complain about why things are so hard and its "such a bottle neck to actually compete for items". Give me a break, quit EQ and go play something easy mode.

Against the rules to camp an item? Dude, stop talking. You sound like a stupid noob. If i can make money selling loot rights to something I CAMPED MYSELF then who's to say i shouldn't? just because you'd get butt hurt that im taking advantage what i am camping, making a profit on top of it all, I should stop.... Right....

Hello Reed, you need to calm down for one thing, and perhaps re-read my post, I said nothing about not interacting with other players or suppressing an economy, you are rather harsh with your reply.  Let me phrase my statement in another way,  I like to adventure to get my gear and items, not buy my gear and items from other players.  It is just a play-style.  Your reply does not even look like you read what I actually said.

I also did not say to make it against the rules to camp an item.   I was simply putting out my ideas to alleviate the problem.

Perhaps you need a nap or something, you are very cranky (and rude).
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 14, 2010, 07:19:24 pm »

Your post came off as antisocial imo, and also noob sighted in that you didn't seem to view things from mid game and end game. All those things considered made your post quite naive and that is prolly why Reed jumped your case. And trying to make Reed look like a jerk by getting technical with your words was kind of a douche move. Not something you really want to be doing in the beginning of your time here. To be clear, I am referring to where you said you didn't say it was against the rules to camp an item. You did say "make it against the Rules of Conduct to sell no-drop items". It is very obvious to see that is what he was referring to.

tacl

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 09:49:41 pm »

i dont think he had to try to make reed look like a jerk.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65036
  • Total Topics: 5058
  • Online Today: 98
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)