Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:12:24 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Misty Thicket  (Read 2175 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2023, 03:45:57 pm »

Welcome to...
Misty Thicket!

Fighters and Casters Guild Quest v. 2.0
Product of Norway.

Story:

Misty Thicket was once a place of harmony, where halflings and animals lived in relative peace. One day this mighty forest was overrun by Zargaroth the Enthraller, an evil shaman that sought to subdue other powerful beings of Norrath into doing his bidding. Zargaroth once walked the path of balance, then his lust for power led him astray. He sought dominion over the very forces he once revered.

Zargorath's tendrils reached far and wide, his whispers ensnaring even the mightiest of creatures. The legendary figures of ancient Kunark became ensnared and corrupted by his malevolence. Orcs, a simple-minded race, succumbed to his deceitful promises. The allure of strength and authority proved irresistible, and chaos tainted these sacred woods.

Zargorath has shrouded his most formidable minions beneath the guise of both orcs and animals within the depths of Misty Thicket. Those embarking on the mission to complete the Casters- or Fighters Guild quest might encounter these once proud, now unwilling servants ensnared under Zargorath's rule.

Garanel Rucksif is still trying to convince you that he never did such a thing as killing his family back in Kaladim. The fate that resides with him now is far worse than when Quellious made him a ghost and exiled him to the Unrest Estate.

Quests:

Meet the Underfoots
Daisy and Finnegan presents you with tasks to undertake, each brimming with potential opportunities. Could there be financial gains, or perhaps something even greater? It's an enigma you must unravel on your own.

Zargorath's most loyal apprentice holds a strong aversion to interruptions while diligently carrying out his master's commands. Should you thoroughly explore Misty, it's quite likely that you might discover a way to disrupt his focus, just be prepared if you do.

Notes:

This zone is intended for new players, and is not an alternative to farming the original NPC's if you are of higher level. There have been a number of complaints over the course of my run as GM about the roadblock that is the 'Guild' quests. Not that they are hard, or the grind too much, but its simply boring. Yes, there is some nostalgia to making the run to Lower Guk and killing the Ghoul Lord, or Froglok King, but having to kill them ad nauseum to equip a group for the Caster or Fighter's Guild quests isn't exactly exciting. Following a conversation about this in Discord, Sarthin made this comment:

To which I asked the following question, and resulting conversation:

In short order, Sarthin had a zone selected, and a good gameplan on what he wanted to do, and he got after it. Using his own server, he was able to learn and execute all of the NPC spawning, boss and quest scripting, a few items created, and generally pulled it out in an amazingly short period of time.

Important Clarifications:

• This is strictly a level appropriate zone, (ie. level 70) if you want to check it out, make some alts.
• This is not a powerlevel through the Guild quests zone. Buffs are stripped on zone in, so you buff what you can buff.
• There are a few fun reward items (with charges) to give new players some idea of what's available.
• No doubles/triples/zone pulls (you can make a double or triple zone, but won't get double or triple loot).
• It should take about as long as a normal farm for CG/FG items, on a per character basis. However, bosses spawn here based on the quest needs of anyone in the zone, so while it may take 2 hours under ideal conditions to farm a normal CG 'kit', if you have a full group, expect it to take 12 hours to complete all 6 in here. It's not intended to be an easier solution, but it allows you to play the game in a fun way, while possibly earning some plat and fun rewards.

• As noted in the Discord chat picture, this isn't an admin position for Sarthin. All decisions made to this point have been cleared through, or made by me, and from this point on any changes will strictly come from my observations.

For Akkadius & Rent,

With great thanks to Sarthin for all his work on this,

-Draca
EZ Admin Team

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 03:55:53 pm »

So... this is what you been working on instead of T11.... /looks around for his whip ......  Angry

Mix
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 03:57:25 pm »

In short order, Sarthin had a zone selected, and a good gameplan on what he wanted to do, and he got after it. Using his own server, he was able to learn and execute all of the NPC spawning, boss and quest scripting, a few items created, and generally pulled it out in an amazingly short period of time.

And great job Sarth! Now make me a zone with Giants in it.. tired of fighting lesser beings....

Mix
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 04:27:57 pm »

I think it's great to allow folks who play here to participate in some scripting. Most of us are nerds and would be happy to assist, as Sarthin did.

Nice work fellas.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 05:16:02 pm »

Now I want to make a new toon so I can see the story here!  Good job you guys!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 05:25:00 pm »

Thanks for the opportunity to make Misty Thicket. Its been so much fun to work on. Hopefully newer players will find it fun and engaging to play.

Oh and do make some newbies, Ray. Zone could use a few more eyes on it, I am sure. If anything seems off, it's good to get it addressed sooner rather than later.

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 06:46:19 pm »

Also as a side note.../applaude on stripping buffs from players entering zone!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053