Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 06:51:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: T10 PB quest  (Read 2455 times)
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2023, 07:43:55 am »

Think you could add something to EZ Vendor to maybe take 100 PB at a time away from the quest for 10-15 credits ea.?  Kinda like how you can clear lists for T5....I have long said the kill count should be lowered from 1k to 500...but maybe this would be a way to meet in the middle....just a thought.

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Otto

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2023, 03:08:31 pm »

I disagree with using EZCredits for this - But the quests in T10 were designed around being "THE END" of progression when it was developed.

We've all discussed this, and it seems the general consensus is 500PB, Full 1st faction rep requirements, HALF second / third faction requirements. Double hammer drop rates

New folks seem to quit here pretty often, I know I quit at T10 more than once.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2023, 03:18:41 pm »

At one time, I could have sworn the quest said 500 PB kills.. but somehow it worked its way to 1k.. and stayed there. It is kinda nuts, since i have pushed groups through T10 and been done with all 3 factions, yet still had 200-400 PB kills left.

I am okay with doing the mindless faction grind on all 3 factions, 250, 500, bajillion 750s and the Sarnak token bottleneck, but its always the hammer pieces and PBs that get me at the end. Even if only knocking down the PB kill requirement, would be a nice change.

Mix
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 03:21:46 pm by Mixlor » Logged
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2023, 03:19:04 pm »

For me, completing the PB task was never the lingering part once everything else was accomplished. I typically went through it with a group of 4 or more characters, so I usually finished the PB phase before all characters obtained their tokens and completed the UA quest. Before I started doing ZP in there to level up chars, I may have had the issue with PB's though. Been a long time since.

I got no strong feelings either way though, 500 or 1k PB kills.

Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2023, 03:22:50 pm »

Sarth.... if you dont care either way.. vote for 500 PB.. period!

Swing vote for the win buddy!!

Mix
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2023, 03:24:56 pm »

Grin
Sarth.... if you dont care either way.. vote for 500 PB.. period!

Swing vote for the win buddy!!

Mix

Otto

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2023, 03:25:39 pm »

At least with the PB kill drop to 500, it would allow progression to the next tiers - while 3x factions were designed for the side quest of Ultimate Armor

Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2023, 03:27:52 pm »

My main point here is you are going to have people (when T11 comes out) changing their party makeup....this content has been out forever and is not part of the
"Holy Grail" of O.G. content so wouldn't hurt to change it some...but of course I am also in favor of removing the perma root from corals in abyss too lol Shocked

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 03:35:02 pm »

My main point here is you are going to have people (when T11 comes out) changing their party makeup....this content has been out forever and is not part of the
"Holy Grail" of O.G. content so wouldn't hurt to change it some...but of course I am also in favor of removing the perma root from corals in abyss too lol Shocked

Spoken like a true "OG". I hear ya brother and stand beside you too in this injustice! Well.. on the T5 issue... get more resists!

Mix
Nyzin

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 04:22:48 pm »

Set the Corals FREE
Dreyitt

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 04:38:03 am »

I took a handful of toons through t10 last week and the bottleneck for me by far is boss kills. If I hadn't already done t10 a couple times before and had a small stockpile to turn in weapons for a group of  toons then I would have had to kill way past the amount it'd take me to get 1k plagueborn. If the intent is wanting to speed it up for new people or w/e since new content is inc maybe this could be adjusted somehow. I was done with faction with 17-20~ boss kills on orc and sarnak
and 64 gnoll. Allow more than one boss to be up per faction is my suggestion.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 05:34:55 am by Dreyitt » Logged
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 09:20:42 pm »

While my views now skew harder to leaving things alone that aren't actually broken, than they would have in my playing days, there are a number of things that have I have already changed in T10:

• Sarnak bosses now spawn about 2.5x as often as they used too (this is relatively new)
• Gnoll boss spawn rate was increased about 50% from previous levels.
• Sharpclaw spawns from Bandit bosses (previously the biggest bottleneck soul drop)
• GSS's are now comically easy to obtain (this was a mistake on my part with VP loot drop chance to be honest, but it is what it is at this point)
• Sunderock is trivial to zone pull with Guardian Charm which is widely known.

I understand that the entire zone does not come together in perfect synchronicity, but there's no reason that the time investment will get any shorter than it is now to complete. T11 will hopefully provide more variety over the course of the gameplay in it, but it will also take an exceptional amount of time to complete.

Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2023, 03:59:15 am »

Thanks Draca for all the adjustments to T10, it is a lot easier now than it has been, plus with the addition of hammer parts to the expedition.
( I hope GSS have some use in T11 /smile )
Personally i have not had problems with PB's, that one is usually done before all the 3 factions are done.

If anything is "off", i think when time allows is to look at starting factions, that one has been a long time issue, having to do 2/3 more runs to get 1 or 2 chars faction done. This is no doubt down to race/religion/class, but would be nice if faction was set to the same amount when accepting the quest(s) so all finish at the same time, just my 2 cents Smiley
Would also be good if vamp lord was adjusted same as others, but again just my thoughts.

Again thanks for everything

Chief
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 04:03:00 am by Chieftan » Logged

Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2023, 06:41:56 am »

I’d agree with changing PB kills to 500. 1000 is too much especially for breaking into the zone for the first time. I appreciate all the changes you made though draca especially with sharpclaw.
Nyzin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2023, 06:20:01 am »

Something seems to have changed with PB spawns in Sunderock.  Every other time i have done this tier Pbs were always done before i was ally to all 3 faction. but this time i will have Faction done in 5 task but still need 340 Plagueborn . I am often spearing and getting as little as 2 PB from it never seen that before this is Wargod . Nyzin was my main years ago

I got Ally to all factions and still need 155 Plagueborn at the current spawn rate thats over 20 more spears needed :-(
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 05:02:51 am by Nyzin » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053