Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:33:58 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: EZ Server Admin Team News  (Read 3140 times)
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 27, 2023, 09:10:07 pm »

New Blood!

Akkadius and I would like to welcome Sarthin as the newest full time member of the EZ Server Admin Team!

Past Contributions:

Sarthin has been extremely helpful to me during my developments as both a very effective and thorough tester, and a very well thought out sounding board for various ideas that pass through my head (and should stay there). His input and constructive criticism has been incredibly useful to me, and his knowledge of the game, and love of EZ Server is apparent. He has never asked me for anything that would have put me in a bad spot, and has always done as much as he can to help the server as whole, and individual players where he can. He also has never shied away from having difficult discussions with me, but is willing to accept that where I may not always be right, he won't always be right either. This give and take collaboration between us makes me believe that we can do excellent things together.

Sarthin outlined and developed the Misty Thicket CG/FG alternate zone, which while limited in scope and availability, was executed very well, and very quickly. His attention to detail, and his desire to create quality content was apparent from the first time he began working on it.

First Steps:

Sarthin still needs to be made a GM on EZ, as well as get the access he requires to develop content, check logs etc., but when he does, he will be able to help with the same issues I can. His addition to the Admin Team can only result in good things for EZ, and increase the availability of GM help when needed, as well as double the output of content and fixes. Sarthin, as I am, will be monitored for the changes and additions he makes, both of us are held responsible by Akkadius to make sure that what we do is always true to what EZ Server has always been about, as Akkadius holds himself to keeping EZ as it's been since he began his stewarship of it. While Sarthin will have many of the same abilities to develop and perform GM duties as I do, I am ultimately the one who is responsible for what happens with EZ Server, so will still be the final word (Akkadius notwithstanding). This isn't a matter of pride or ego, but there has to be someone who makes a decision when it needs to be made, and that will remain with me.

What about me?

As I noted in my previous post, I remain as excited and passionate about developing EZ Server as I ever have. Time is my enemy at this point as it relates to developing, but that will change.

Tier 12?

Sarthin will be working on a few things, spells and spell interactions for one, but his first major development will be Tier 12 -- Kael Drakkel and the War of the Giants. His initial ideas look exciting, and Kael Drakkel has been a zone longed after by players to re-visit with EZ style content. As his development begins, KD will need to be locked out, so go check out KD one last time in the next 3-4 weeks, before it's locked until T12's launch.

Final Thoughts:

I am really excited about what's ahead, this addition only strengthens EZ Server, and adds someone with a passion for the game, but a bigger passion for EZ. Please welcome him to the team.

For Akkadius & Sarthin,

-Draca 
     Your EZ Admin Team

Miriya

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2023, 09:45:22 pm »

Congrats, Sarthin!  Thank you, guys, for your service and dedication to the server.
Raygan
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 05:05:29 am »

Wow, cool beans! Grats Sarthin!

Hate's Most Hateful Hater
Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 06:40:38 am »

Introduction

Dear Draca, Akkadius, and the entire EZ community,

I am truly humbled and honored to be welcomed into the EZ Server Admin Team. It has been an incredible journey for me as a player on EZServer since 2009, and to now have the opportunity to contribute to its legacy from the other side is a privilege I do not take lightly.

Background

A little background about me: I am a 42-year-old teacher and game enthusiast from Norway, and my love affair with EverQuest began in 1999 when it first came out. In 2009, I ventured into the world of EQEmulator servers and found my home on EZServer, where I have remained ever since. In recent years I've delved deeper into the mechanics of the game, both as a player, testing things and giving feedback, and as a novice developer when I was working on random things own my private EQEmu server. I was fortunate enough to be asked by Draca to work on a small alternate project for the server, Misty Thicket. I found this project to be surprisingly fun, interesting and skill enhancing, much thanks to the assistance I got from Draca while I tried to navigate through the process.

Moving forward, all things have an end and that's also the case for my player career.I've been at the top of the game for a long time and I have had such a good ride over the years as a player on EZ. Now it's time for me to put my characters on the shelf and continue the down the sidewalk next to the road. While I could certainly have continued on as a player with resonable limitations, like when I created Misty Thicket, it's time for me to end one chapter and start a new and exciting one. The decision is not made lightly, but through careful consideration over the past months. I am certain it's the best choice for me moving forward, so I've made up my mind about it. In closing on that subject, I want to thank all the players on EZ that I have been fortunate enough to share the experience with.

Hunter and EZ Legacy

I want to take a moment to reflect on the legacy left by Hunter. I consider myself fortunate to have played on EZServer long enough to experience the time when he was alive, actively creating content, and delighting players with surprising and amusing moments. His contributions have left an indelible mark on this community, and I am grateful to have been part of the journey during his time.

Akkadius, thank you for carrying on the stewardship in Hunter's spirit. The dedication of the EQEmulator community and the tireless efforts of individuals like yourself is the main reason we're here today with this old gem of a game.

Draca, my friend, you have made such a big and positive impact on EZServer in recent years. I've said it countless times, but I'll gladly say it again: We're very lucky to have you as our GM and developer. While real life deals us some busy hands at times, I know you are as dedicated and serious about EZServer as it's possible to get. I think we will make a good team and eventually we can pick up each others work when one of us has busy days ahead.  

Collaboration

In continuation of that, I think there is a good structure in place. It's fantastic that I can join the development team at a time when Draca, a seasoned GM, is already on board. Draca's experience and guidance will be invaluable as I navigate the world of development. His role as the main decision-maker on EZServer ensures a cohesive and supportive environment, allowing me to lean on him for support as I embark on this exciting journey. The voluntary nature of our work allows for a collaborative effort. Two minds working together can only benefit the server even more, hopefully resulting in the creation of content in a more rapid manner while maintaining the quality stamp that has defined EZServer.

Player Assurance and Commitment

To the players of EZServer, I want to assure you that although I am transitioning from a player to a member of the development team, my commitment to the server remains unwavering. I understand the weight of this decision, but I am excited about the opportunity to contribute in a new capacity. Your support and feedback have always been crucial, and I am eager to work together to enhance the EZ experience.

Upcoming Development and Projects:

I am fully aware that I am a novice developer with a steep learning curve ahead, but I am eager to face the challenges head-on. My first major project, Tier 12 - Kael Drakkel and the War of the Giants, is already in the works and I am super excited about it. It's still a long road ahead for me and I may not always have the same capacity as I had when I was a player, but knowing myself, once I start something, I have a hard time taking a break from it Wink

Closing thanks:

Thank you, Draca, Akkadius, and the entire EZ community, for this incredible opportunity. I am committed to upholding the values and spirit of EZServer, and I am excited about the journey ahead. Please feel free to reach out with your thoughts, suggestions, and concerns. Together, let's make EZServer even more extraordinary.

With gratitude,

Sarthin
« Last Edit: November 28, 2023, 06:46:09 am by Sarthin » Logged

gnonim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 08:02:44 am »

Very cool. 
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 12:15:27 pm »

Congtatz Sarthin, I'm sure you will be a big asset to Draca/Akka and all of the EZ community

All the best

Chief

Ogru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 08:50:27 pm »

Congratulations Sarthin!!! I know you will be an awesome Admin for EZ Server!
orkiho

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2023, 05:40:27 pm »

Congrats!   

Before you lock Kael, what about the summoners pack?
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 01:51:54 pm »

Doubt it will be locked for some time, any work will be on test server.

Just my thoughts

Sarthin
Administrator
Legend

Common sense is not so common

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 12:32:38 am »

Before you lock Kael, what about the summoners pack?

No worries. We'll have to find another pool to skinny dip in, and update the quest before the zone gets locked.

Mope

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 07:36:03 pm »

Congrats Sarthin!!!
wolfegunr

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2023, 11:56:50 am »

Congrats, Sarthin! I believe this is a very positive step for the server, 1 man cannot do everything alone. Thanks for all your hard work here, you certainly earned it.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
Dokplayer2

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2023, 04:47:57 pm »

Congrats.
Danish

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2023, 03:29:34 pm »

Cool stuff - grats!
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent