Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:46:59 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: New Server update causing DCs  (Read 640 times)
Mixlor

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2024, 03:07:08 am »

I am posting this in hopes that others might have the same issues or provide some clarity and or a fix. Some others have expressed similar issues.

Since this last event which a server update was pushed... I have experienced toons going LD or DC in zones upon arriving. When I load in my crew of 48 in Stonehive, I can get them all grouped and stand around for a while with no DCs. When I load in to Kael, I experience 5-10 toons that will DC. I load them in and kill some mobs and I might see 1 or 2 DC during the fight. If I load back into Stonehive, same thing... I will lose 5-10 random toons to DC. My setup is spread across 4 machines and I haven't changed anything in the last 3 years since I came back. Still using the same MQ2 (2013) and EQBCserver. My setup was working fine with no issues in Kael as I would play almost every night trying to get more of the grind done. I was fine during the first test period (Saturday) of Fear itself and would alternate going into Kael -with no issues. The only time I have noticed this was after the server update this weekend since during the event, I didn't load in 48 toons to attempt Kael or Fear Itself zone. I tried to knock my crew down to 30 toons to see if less toons would help but ended up with the same issues happening. I have deleted and recreated the Kael zone as well.. but again.. I am DCing in public Stonehive as well.

I have read the forums searching for an answer and some discussions point to MQ2.. which like I have said.. I haven't changed anything in the last 3 years. I haven't really done anything with MQ2 or EQBCserver except to tell everyone to zone into a Kael guild instance (/bcaa //say enter guild Mixlor Kael) in which I instantly get DCs on random toons. I am not using the new MQNext or E3 programs.

I would be willing to help test if Draca or Sarthin are online to watch the logs and maybe can pinpoint something. As of right now, its frustrating and not worth me trying to log in to do anything.

-Mix-
gunson3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2024, 12:18:32 pm »

I have 25 characters I play with and notice the same DC problem after update.
Draca
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2024, 12:44:22 pm »

Aside from the server code update, we had a hardware failure that caused a server crash, as well as an outage during the weekend. I am not sure that this is 100% corrected, so I will check with Akkadius and see if we should be experiencing any lingering issues. There haven't been any logged zone crashes, and minimal script errors, so it could be a hardware or connectivity issue, but I'll have to verify that.

Nyzin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2024, 12:52:41 pm »

I have had the similar issues since monday doesnt matter which zone i am in i wil get a big lag spike then a crash error on 1 or 2 and over half of the others go LD mine do not crash while zoning but it happens in every zone even if i am not fighting .  i have never had LD before monday unless i speared ToFS and even then it was only the one doing the spear

Today i logged in Server population was lower than the last few days it was 180 and i was fine for hours then it happened and when i looked server population was nearer 300
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 01:00:22 pm by Nyzin » Logged
Mixlor

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2024, 01:01:54 am »

So, tonight I tried my 48 Kael crew. Loaded everyone in at Stonehive, no LDs.. created a guild instance of Kael and everyone loaded into Kael with no LDs. I started off at Ragnar area and clear the whole area. I started working my way to Tormax and had 3 toons go LD on a pull of 4 giants. cleared all the way up the hill (with multiple pulls of 4 giants getting to the top) and it was at the archway on a pull of 2 giants from Tormax room, that I had 10 toons go LD across my 4 machines. I then sent everyone to Stonehive to log out and lost 1 toon to LD.

I played for about 45 mins tonight and did pretty good staying connected until the end. It s a long way from before where I would have 0 LDs unless something was happening to my internet or it was server wide, but there is still something wrong. Probably the stuff (hardware, etc)  Draca was talking about, but tonight was much better than before.

-Mix-
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057