Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 06:06:06 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Punching through QVIC  (Read 13008 times)
sohami

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2010, 09:39:22 am »

I have a predominately 3-box team, but ocassionally I 4-box.

Here's my setup:

SK - 1h 2.5, 15k hp, ~400aa + (oracles lvl1)

MNK - 3.0 x2, 17k hp, max aa

RNG - 2.5x2.0 + Qvic bow

CLR - 2.0 + (oracles lvl1)

My usual box team is RNG, MNK, CLR. Monk tanking because pre-qvic he kills so fast he's a better tank than the SK. My plan is to beef the SK to the point whre I can box qvic fairly easily.

What should I focus on? RoA on SK? Beefing up Oracles? Max AA first?

disclaimer: I refuse to make a war, even if SK tank is a more challenging setup.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 10:35:09 am »

I just recently became 3 boxable in Qvic. Naturally I run the usual War/Rng/Clr.

With my warrior haveing full LDON + Few pieces of of Qvic and 2x 3.0s (about 21k hps). My ROA was to low to wear. My cleric also was sitting at a 2.0.

I found that the trash could tear my tank a new one and i could only kill a boss if Stonewall was up. I was constantly healing my warrior for trash mobs. This lead to an easy wipe. Or having to pop a defensive disc when i got multiple trash.

I recently got my ROA up to 30 and got my Cleric his 3.0. With these two changes my warrior can tank Qvic trash and bosses fairly easy. With my Cleric able to heal for much much more.

So i would suggest to you to work on your SKs ROA (with 400AA i would hope you have nearly all the usefull AAs for tanking). Secondly I would suggest working on your clerics 3.0 (which has a clickie to increase your heals by 400%) and you will never run out of mana. Since ramp is gonna be an issue for you the cleric being able to cast group heals that CH your group and having never ending mana is prolly gonna be a big deal.

Hope it helps - Qvic has been a 2 week hang up for me ;\

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:41:29 am »

Interesting, very helpful info ... im curious, how long did it take you to crank out RoA 30? I figure.. if im going to crank out 1-70 abunch of times what's the harm in maxing AA first anyway.

What's your method for RoAing? 1-47 in CoM w/ druid regen and PLing in Pofire, rinse and repeat? About how much HP does your war have with Roa30 now?

21k Seems high for just some qvic and ldon gear. That's where my monk is at, half qvic/half ldon and he's sitting at 16900.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 10:42:51 am »

Learning the pulls for Qvic helps. You would be surprised but I'm pretty sure you can actually get through it from entrance to all bosses with never having had to pull more than 2 mobs.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 10:58:06 am »

Learning the pulls for Qvic helps. You would be surprised but I'm pretty sure you can actually get through it from entrance to all bosses with never having had to pull more than 2 mobs.

Yes, I did notice that the 3 packs could be pulled solo depending on where you stood when you pulled. But if getting 3 trash mobs is a big fright for you, I would almost go so far as to say farming Qvic bosses is going to be a tough slow process.

@ Sohami

Well once i got my ROA i went to Tacvi. I got some armor upgrades there for the current Qvic pieces i had. So with all that my warrior is now sitting at 30k hps buffed. I also got a few guardian upgrades during this time.

As far as ROA goes I dont have Dru/Shaman 3.0 instead i dusted off the first char i made which was a bard. I paid 50k for a Qvic run and got him a 3.0.

My warrior could pull a good amount of mobs in CoM and only has to tank them for 5 seconds or so. I invite my warrior Sing a DS song and disband. The mobs kill themselves in 5-7 seconds. Then I go to PoFire where i have a second warrior with 3.0's (that i geared up specifically to ROA my original warrior). Pull mass mobs with the bard in the group singing both DS songs and the mobs tend to go down quite fast.

I couldnt stand to do more than 5 RoAs in a day and taking a few days break in betwee each one. to level to 47 in CoM took about 20 mins if nobody was there Killing everything before the locked door could get my Ogre 47.

Then it was off to PoFire where it could take anywhere from 40 - who knows when. I tended to wake up early on the weekend mornings to get the zones to myself.

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:18:56 am »

I think you will be hard pressed to complete qvic with 4 toons without 3.0's.
I commend your efforts, each boss would be an awesome battle and it would be a huge accomplishment but in reality, the zone was intended to be multiple groups to complete the token mobs.
If you want to do it yourself boxed with no help? I would suggest getting a full group at a minimum.
Or... focus on getting the SK/Clrc his 3.0 with help from others.
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 11:44:18 am »

I did it with a 3 box with 2.5s. It was a long time ago though so changes to damage mitigation might have made it easier/tougher back then. I did have to stonewall for every boss back then.

In any case I think its cool you are trying to get through it and not just demading someone run you through like others do.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2010, 01:00:55 pm »

Yea, I'm working on ROA for my warrior right now(2x 3.0 qvic bp, bracers, gloves rest ldon, max aa), I have 2.5 druid regen and I go straight to mistmoore, invis and run to the castle, and in 2 pulls I'm level 30 in about 3 mins.  I then head to dulak,  invis, run to boats.  I'm 47 in about 15-20 mins.  Then to fire where i have my SK PL to 70 in about 20-30 mins.

My SK is full tacvi + 3.0 + max aa so cutting down huge trains in fire is easy as hell.  I've been averaging about 3-4 roa's a day cause i'm lazy and can't play all day long.  Next up is getting my cleric flagged, then gearing up either my ranger or rog.
At that point i'd have my war, sk, cle, rng/rog.  

My SK can tank stuff pretty decently as it is in qvic, and could probably do bosses with a 3.0 cle and someone to take adds, but i'm going to beef up my war for main tank anyway.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 01:03:11 pm by barrettd04 » Logged

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2010, 01:03:04 pm »

Trying to 4 box qvic without a warrior while not having any toons 3.0'd is really going to be a problem. Frankly the content is not meant to be done with that setup. There have been some to be able to go in there with 3 or 4 toons with only 2.5's but not everyone was able to do it like that. In addition everyone that I know that was able to do it had to have a warrior and had to use stonewall on the bosses.

Having said that, I completely understand reluctance to make a warrior. My warriors surname is The Necessary. Basically I did not make him until I absolutely had to. Another class I have been reluctant to make is ranger. However I have reached the point that I need the auto dps to go farther in the content. Being reluctant or refusing to make a class that is needed to move forward is only limiting yourself. I play my warrior as little as possible. I don't even use him to tank t1 anymore, I use my monk. But, had it not been for my warrior, my monk would not have reached a point that he could tank T1 bosses. Basically my suggestion is make a warrior and use him when you have to, when you don't have to, use the sk.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2010, 01:04:15 pm »

Yea, I'm working on ROA for my warrior right now(2x 3.0 qvic bp, bracers, gloves rest ldon, max aa), I have 2.5 druid regen and I go straight to mistmoore, invis and run to the castle, and in 2 pulls I'm level 30 in about 3 mins.  I then head to dulak,  invis, run to boats.  I'm 47 in about 15-20 mins.  Then to fire where i have my SK PL to 70 in about 20-30 mins.

You do know this will get you banned, right?

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2010, 01:57:01 pm »

Why would that get him banned? Trains of over 10?

edit:

In any case I think its cool you are trying to get through it and not just demading someone run you through like others do.

Definitely. Its fun, and its lame to log in one char and sit around, hoping you can convince someone to help. Although, if anyone were so kind, a qvic run for my cleric 3.0 or SK would certainly help me in my progression of my army. Heh  Tongue
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 02:01:55 pm by sohami » Logged
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2010, 01:58:50 pm »

Xiggie, have you played an SK? (Not being snappy, it just seems as you dont know how awesome they can be)

when my SK got his 2.5, i could pull several LDON mobs and tank them and (slowly) hack down each one, and end the fight will full health because of lifetap procs + Oracle charm. Several times in that fight a proc would crit and complete heal. If this isn't as good in Qvic then say so, but im under the impression if i have enough HP via RoA, the SK would be almost as good as a war (or better, if lucky on procs)
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 02:46:01 pm »

Qvic is rough.  Period.  I still die occasionally on an odd pull, sand monster agro out of nowhere, too many widowmakers, coercers suck bad, etc.

My group:
3.0 Warrior w/ 37k
3.0 Cleric
2.5 Paladin
2.0 Bard
Two 2.0 Rangers

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 02:54:14 pm »

I cannot, for the life of me have the attention span or commitment to box 6. ugh.  :/
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 03:17:40 pm »

Why would that get him banned? Trains of over 10?

Yes I doubt hes pulling everything in mistmoore 10 mobs at a time in 3 minutes.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 246