Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 03, 2024, 04:53:05 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PoD client issues  (Read 6493 times)
Lexington

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2010, 05:37:54 pm »

Recently I decided to go with the new pod client over the titanium, and @ first I was very pleased, easier boxing, spells looked great, etc..
However- I have found a serious issue, Rogue weapon- backstab dmg not matching actualy weapon dmg, all skill caps are fubar'd, Where before I was only getting hit about 50% of the time on my Paladin (with shield in hand) I not get hit 90% (no shit) of the time.  Rogue backstab dmg cap has dropped dramatically, from 40k+ to 23k now
same weapon, same buffs, just different clients, when i swapped back to titanium client everything is the way it was before.  Is there any patched I could apply to the SoD install that would correct these issues?

Ty,

Lex

SinjynWake
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 05:48:08 pm »

Did you get it from Steam recently?
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 09:10:28 pm »

it was a torrent actually, only way i was able to get it without forkin over the $$

Murrjok
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:02:00 am »

Your Prob Patched without realizing it.
Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 08:54:07 am »

i never ran the exe, no patch ever started, unless the version i downloaded was patched already it isn't possible.  Side note:  the mq2 from the mq2 emu site works fine for it. Doesn't give me incorrect client version.

SinjynWake
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 09:38:49 am »

What is the kb size of your eqgame.exe, mine is 4760kb and I have the most recent steam version right before the update.
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 01:52:00 pm »

You must mean mb?

Lexington

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2010, 07:35:32 pm »

4760 KB here as well.

Another note: the ability Lay on Hands, seems to have been changed to an AA ability, so the normal /doability doesn't work for it- it's not even in abilities list. When I pump aa's into the lay on hands it allows me to make a hotkey for the AA Lay on Hands, however it doesn't work at all =/

Wreckin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2010, 12:16:43 am »

I have the same issue as Lexington - With SoD client Lay of hands is no longer listed as an ability or a skill. If I train the AA I cannot use it. Switching back to Titanium I it was listed as an ability and I could use it.
Balthor2
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2010, 01:29:31 am »

Recently I decided to go with the new pod client over the titanium, and @ first I was very pleased, easier boxing, spells looked great, etc..
However- I have found a serious issue, Rogue weapon- backstab dmg not matching actualy weapon dmg, all skill caps are fubar'd, Where before I was only getting hit about 50% of the time on my Paladin (with shield in hand) I not get hit 90% (no shit) of the time.  Rogue backstab dmg cap has dropped dramatically, from 40k+ to 23k now
same weapon, same buffs, just different clients, when i swapped back to titanium client everything is the way it was before.  Is there any patched I could apply to the SoD install that would correct these issues?

Ty,

Lex

Make a post on the eqemu forums regarding SoD client.
Its still being tweaked.
Soakked

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 03:46:57 am »

Lay on hands does not work on my Pally as well since i switched to SOD, also for some reason whenever I port to POD it says I need to update my Spells_text file even though I did already, so the zone is very laggy and crash prone.

Pippens *Muffin Time*

On and off'er forever stuck in T5
Murrjok
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2010, 04:50:29 am »

The fix for the AA Lay hands and SK Harm touch of allready working. But hunter needs to add the code.
BattleB

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2010, 10:58:52 am »

I know this is old, but any chance to get a word from Hunter if this is planed any time in the near future to fix these 2 aa's?
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)