Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 12:08:34 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Author Topic: Epic 4.0 fight  (Read 20217 times)
Balthor2
« on: August 07, 2010, 10:35:30 pm »

Today Yellowbird and Crab got together and provided a open chance to the server to attempt the 4.0 boss fight.
The reason I attempted the fight was so that I could speak from the perspective of attempting the fight.
Anyone that has not attempted the fight really should not speak about it in a negative way and I retract all previous comments I might have made about the fight.

This fight is fun as all hell. Probably the funnest fight I have seen to date and I only survived it for roughly 45seconds. I have no doubt in my mind that I can and will beat this fight when I am ready for it.

It is not a black and white fight that people might believe. This fight takes some tact and imagination and is very much doable if you open your eyes and watch what is going on.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 12:04:33 am »

That's cool of em.  What kind of group(s) did you attempt with?

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Balthor2
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:17:54 am »

As the boss was spawned by another person with a specific purpose in mind I am refraining from discussing what I used and what I learned.
I am just here to tell people talking shit about the fight to stfu unless they go attempt it.

Kind of funny that Yellowbird offered several groups a chance to attempt the fight and only 2 of us tried it.
Some people didnt even want to attempt it just for the hell of it.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 04:57:12 am »

As the boss was spawned by another person with a specific purpose in mind I am refraining from discussing what I used and what I learned.
I am just here to tell people talking shit about the fight to stfu unless they go attempt it.

Kind of funny that Yellowbird offered several groups a chance to attempt the fight and only 2 of us tried it.
Some people didnt even want to attempt it just for the hell of it.

Yeah that's the part that surprised me too Balthor - people just want to complain that they can't do it, or it's not possible - even when given a free chance to kill it where all they risk is a death or two on EZ (since we provided the spawn - they weren't risking the 64 stones) they don't try it. Truly disappointing to say the least. i thought lost of people would at least give it a try so they could get an idea of what the fight would be like - a few at least probed to see what it hit for which was nice.
Vorpse

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 05:26:36 am »

Would have loved to see the fight. Unfortunately, at the time, I was helping my pals.

Vorpse - Magician
Bigtime - Warrior
<Just Disc>
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 08:59:04 am »

If people had the means necessary to even justify attempting the fight, there would be a line out the door.

And to be devil's advocate, no matter how fun the fight is, it still requires that extreme amount of work prior to to even get to it, which is one of the big arguments.

But sweet. Im looking forward to maybe one day getting to the fight Smiley Sounds fun.
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 09:17:59 am »

If people had the means necessary to even justify attempting the fight, there would be a line out the door.

And to be devil's advocate, no matter how fun the fight is, it still requires that extreme amount of work prior to to even get to it, which is one of the big arguments.

But sweet. Im looking forward to maybe one day getting to the fight Smiley Sounds fun.

The key is how do you know if you have the means unless you try it? That's the whole point Smiley

All high level content in eq takes extreme amounts of work, that's the point of high level content, if it was quick and easy, what would be the point, you'd blow through the server content and then what? Sit on your hands?
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:45:47 am »

The key is how do you know if you have the means unless you try it? That's the whole point 

Well, sure, i suppose, but most people know they're far from the content Tongue I have a 20k hp tank. If I knew I even had a 1% chance, I'd try it. Lol
Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:48:12 am »

The key is how do you know if you have the means unless you try it? That's the whole point 

Well, sure, i suppose, but most people know they're far from the content Tongue I have a 20k hp tank. If I knew I even had a 1% chance, I'd try it. Lol

Fair enough Wink but people that are farming t3 shouldn't be afraid to try it was my point since they are roughly at the right content level.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 12:39:09 pm »

In all fairness i "maybe" wrong.

My issue before was not the battle, but the amount of resources needed to complete it.
You dont need first hand experience for any part of this game before you are allowed to comment on it.

I never completed the UC but i dont need to, to know its a bitch.

Anyway, my concerns previously were.
1.0 through 3.0 can be completed by a single group and obtainable to all the server.

My thoughts before were that the 4.0 may be WAY out of progression and unobtainable to most of the server.
At this point in the game, it may seem that way but it is not any further out of line as the 3.0 was when nobody had 3.0's.

I will reserve my comments a few more months and watch the progress.

For the record, crab is still a homo Tongue
Budzwar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 12:52:20 pm »

You probably are, as in the fact you didn't even earn your 4.0 yourself. Yet you try and talk like you have hahahahahaha,
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:54:15 pm »

You probably are, as in the fact you didn't even earn your 4.0 yourself. Yet you try and talk like you have hahahahahaha,
LOL, wtf does my 4.0 have to do with this discussion?
I dont have my UC and neither do you, but that doesnt stop us from having an opinion.
yellowbird

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 12:55:44 pm »

You are comparing Apples to Oranges by saying that you've not done finished the UC but you know it's a pain in the butt. In that example you have seen everything required to do the UC, you just haven't finished it. You can calculate about how long it will take you to farm four charms to 25 in LDoN. You know how long it will take you to get the Cyan stones required to make your 50 charms. So in that example you know exactly what it will take for you to complete the UC.

That said, you and your guild have not spawned The MCP. Therefore any comments by you on it's difficulty is purely speculative. I've also noticed that a good portion of your speculation is based on inaccurate information. Yes, FoH has put 20+ people in airplane to down The MCP. It just so happens that we had that many people in the zone because that is who happened to be online when we decided we were going to kill some mobs. After you've tried the mob a couple of times then you can intelligently comment on it's difficulty.

There are three guilds on this server that could down The MCP if they took the time to farm the stones and learn the fight. Forbidden Prophecy, Rising of Light and Bastions of Honor.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2010, 02:32:06 pm »

You are comparing Apples to Oranges by saying that you've not done finished the UC but you know it's a pain in the butt. In that example you have seen everything required to do the UC, you just haven't finished it. You can calculate about how long it will take you to farm four charms to 25 in LDoN. You know how long it will take you to get the Cyan stones required to make your 50 charms. So in that example you know exactly what it will take for you to complete the UC.

That said, you and your guild have not spawned The MCP. Therefore any comments by you on it's difficulty is purely speculative. I've also noticed that a good portion of your speculation is based on inaccurate information. Yes, FoH has put 20+ people in airplane to down The MCP. It just so happens that we had that many people in the zone because that is who happened to be online when we decided we were going to kill some mobs. After you've tried the mob a couple of times then you can intelligently comment on it's difficulty.

There are three guilds on this server that could down The MCP if they took the time to farm the stones and learn the fight. Forbidden Prophecy, Rising of Light and Bastions of Honor.

Not sure why you guys continue to stress this shit.
You do NOT need to spawn a mob in game to comment on the progression of the server, gimme a break.
Discussion forums are exactly that, open forums for discussion and just because someone disagrees with you, does not mean they are immediately wrong.
I have full right to comment on whether or not a quest is "proven", "not proven" or even speculatively difficult because thats it, its just a comment.

There is a good portion of the server that believes the 4.0 quest requires TOO much effort, doesn't matter if they haven't spawned it or not, they have a right to offer an opinion.

My opinion and I will state it again, I think I maybe wrong since the 4.0 requires significantly more effort than the previous epics underneath it. But since speaking with Crab, speaking with my guild-mates and understanding whats going on. It might be in-line with the 3.0's of before since acquiring the 3.0 with a bunch of 2.5's maybe be inline with acquiring the 4.0 with a bunch of 3.0's and t3 geared toons.

On a side note, I think you guys are personally too attached to the upper end content and are slightly biased when commenting on quests or content lower down in the game.

Example, was speaking with Crab today saying that I still believe the Charm quest needs to be fixed since its painful to obtain the charms now.
His comment and others on the server is... omg dont touch it, farming HOH for the upgrades is a godsend.
Well, thats perfect for those of you who are farming HoH for upper end charm upgrades but reality is, I have 4 new members of my guild that have been in LDON for 2 days now and have seen ONE charm upgrade.
So, even though the upper portion of the quest is fixed, the bottom part of the quest is horribly broken. Again, though, most of those who comment or believe they have this "righteous word" againts the quest havent had the pleasure of farming LDON6 with 19, yes, thats 19 other players in the zone AFTER its already been nerfed.

walloftext
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2010, 02:44:51 pm »

Hey I see our name there.

Folks too, remember this is just comments and no offense meant towards anyone personally.
Well, except Budzwar.

Pages: [1] 2 3
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 8678