Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 22, 2024, 09:18:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Reflecting on the Fighters Guild quest  (Read 5734 times)
Swayed

View Profile
« on: August 10, 2010, 09:46:53 pm »

Finally got it. All in all, not too bad, with the exception of the Knuckle Dusters. I know each quest line has a bottleneck, but man! While waiting in line one of the days, I saw Herbinger spawn three times in a row, and didn't drop the item. At least I think so. They're not Lore after all  Wink

Shout out to Plinker from Slayer of the Slaw. Thanks for the Vox Staff! Sad that I had never seen that room before!

Quick question, though: Is there a portable buff available for the FG members, like the Caster Guild pets?
Swayed

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 10:05:07 pm »

Ahh, thanks! I was wondering what was the purpose of those pets! I know their HP is listed in another thread - didn't realize they buffed as well.

Thanks again Smiley
kalzin230

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 01:20:28 pm »

i never found out why the KD's were where they are...warriors can't even get to the item by themselves... requires a rogue... its crazy!
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 01:21:58 pm »

i never found out why the KD's were where they are...warriors can't even get to the item by themselves... requires a rogue... its crazy!

All classes except bards/rogues cannot enter the temple.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:27:38 pm »

Finally got it. All in all, not too bad, with the exception of the Knuckle Dusters. I know each quest line has a bottleneck, but man! While waiting in line one of the days, I saw Herbinger spawn three times in a row, and didn't drop the item. At least I think so. They're not Lore after all  Wink

Shout out to Plinker from Slayer of the Slaw. Thanks for the Vox Staff! Sad that I had never seen that room before!

Quick question, though: Is there a portable buff available for the FG members, like the Caster Guild pets?

This is a nice post and perspective on the quest from a newcomer.

Coincidentally I was at the PGT camp yesterday and new to server BL was asking about the quest.

His comments were interesting as he said his biggest frustration was that every camp he attended that day had someone sitting their with their 3.0's that clearly didnt need these lower end items for progress.

I explained a million reasons why the FG/CG items were camped by such outfitted players but from his perspective, it was not enjoyable at all.

Not beating a dead horse but if the goal of the server is to grow and sustain then we should still be concerned with the newer experience on our server.

Perhaps introducing FG/CG items into zones that have level caps, there are TONS of lower end zones that are un-touched that can be capped and introduced.

Example, KD's can drop in Crystal Caverns from the last mob in the Spiders camp, place a level restriction on the zone of say 40 and you will have an interesting experience to those who are sick of Dulak.
Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 01:32:51 pm »

But will run into the same problem with people delvling and running in with a shammy buff and druid regen to get the item faster than the legit player.

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 01:57:02 pm »

Perhaps introducing FG/CG items into zones that have level caps, there are TONS of lower end zones that are un-touched that can be capped and introduced.

Another problem with this idea is that FG/CG is technically at the point of progression between 2.0 and 3.0. I know this point is debateable but think to the first few characters you made on this server. Did you even think about FG/CG (or even know what it was) prior to being 70?

Edit: Perhaps zones that would only allow chars who are not already flagged for CG/FG

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 02:01:21 pm by Mayo Deftinwolf » Logged

ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 02:02:42 pm »

Another problem with this idea is that FG/CG is technically at the point of progression between 2.0 and 3.0. I know this point is debateable but think to the first few characters you made on this server. Did you even think about FG/CG (or even know what it was) prior to being 70?

Good point.
We dont even hear about the FG/CG until you are 70 and running towards 2.5.
I dont know the solution, just giving ideas and the recent impression we had on new players.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 02:33:59 pm »

Yep, one of the (relatively few) downsides to having an "economy" is that items are camped for their trade/plat value and not just by folks that "need" them.

Shouldn't be that much of an issue any more with all the instances.  Other than the cheap farmer who will use the open zone rather than pay for an instance...  They could be made cheaper IMO.. 100k is a lot.  If they were 10k or 20k I think more people would use them.   Not sure what you can do about Highpass/etc that aren't instanced (yet)...

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 304