Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 06:20:14 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Charm upgrades via HoH  (Read 11447 times)
kaizen

View Profile
« on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:29 am »

Hunter please consider this suggestion actually it is Crab's..

Crab's post from "Meatbag in Ldon 5" thread...
Here's my simple suggestion, and I'm ready to get flamed hard for it  Make pre 25 charm upgrades available in halls of honor at a cost of 64 or 128 or more stones - not as 16 stones (as that would trivialize all charms). Make it a very large number but make it viable to do  it there if you prefer that to ldon. That should clear out some of the ldon mess, the mobs in halls of honor in general are big enough that training won't be an issue, and instancing is available there.

Narcissus

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 09:38:49 am »

I pushed for this myself.  However, I can't help but wonder how much more crowded HoH will become as a result and whether the fight over ldon mobs will shift to a fight over HoH mobs.

Yes, HoH is instanced but at 100k it is not cheap.

We all been tossing up proposals for a while now.  It has become so complicated that the person who can solve the ldon problem should win a Nobel Prize.  Hunter should then also make the Nobel Prize a neck slot in game item.   Grin

Putting clients first by putting employees first. Immediately after prioritizing fiscal responsibility and leveraging profitability toward exceeding by empowering our employees to put clients (and themselves) first, in a diverse and respectful environment of only those that come first, first.
kaizen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 09:53:31 am »

thats the reason for putting them into HoH because the instance cost is so high and you need to have a t2 bp to be in there

this is also the point where you need the charm to progress so it would make sense to make upgrades available there
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 11:40:39 am »

You need to make the drop rate higher there, since the mobs are harder you can't kill as quickly.  Otherwise people will stay in ldon.  If you make it an even harder insane grinde, again people will just stay in ldon...

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:58 am »

You need to make the drop rate higher there, since the mobs are harder you can't kill as quickly.  Otherwise people will stay in ldon.  If you make it an even harder insane grinde, again people will just stay in ldon...

At 64 to 128 stones per kill, that's plenty fast and maybe even too fast, that's 1 every few hours even starting out. Once you level up your gear you can kill in as little as a few seconds really which means it will fly - which I imagine is why hunter doesn't want to put the upgrades there since you can clear the whole zone easily in sub 2 hours with a single group.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 12:06:50 pm »

You can average about 1 upgrade per 2 hours in LDON.  That's without pulling massive trains... (and if you can find anything to kill... hopefully the increased spawn rate will help there).   

So if you're uber geared and kill HoH faster than that, it will pull people away (the uber geared ones anyway...) if not, people will stay in Ldon.  I'm just saying, yeah it's a great idea, but there needs to be incentive to go there instead of Ldon (besides it just being overcrowded...)

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 12:12:17 pm »

You can average about 1 upgrade per 2 hours in LDON.  That's without pulling massive trains... (and if you can find anything to kill... hopefully the increased spawn rate will help there).   

So if you're uber geared and kill HoH faster than that, it will pull people away (the uber geared ones anyway...) if not, people will stay in Ldon.  I'm just saying, yeah it's a great idea, but there needs to be incentive to go there instead of Ldon (besides it just being overcrowded...)

Instancing is probably enough of a reason Smiley but even if you just get the uber geared out, it will make a huge difference to people in LDoN.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 12:51:57 pm »

At 64 to 128 stones per kill, that's plenty fast and maybe even too fast, that's 1 every few hours even starting out. Once you level up your gear you can kill in as little as a few seconds really which means it will fly - which I imagine is why hunter doesn't want to put the upgrades there since you can clear the whole zone easily in sub 2 hours with a single group.

No offence but we are looking at a near end game solution to a problem that effects the beginners.

Providing HoH opportunities to end game players barely helps the lower tiers.
Yes, I am aware that it "should" lessen the competition in LDON for charms, but, the competition in LDON is a huge part due to new players.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 12:54:49 pm »

No offence but we are looking at a near end game solution to a problem that effects the beginners.

Providing HoH opportunities to end game players barely helps the lower tiers.
Yes, I am aware that it "should" lessen the competition in LDON for charms, but, the competition in LDON is a huge part due to new players.

Unfortunately Hunter seems to have been quite clear that it isn't changing with instancing in ldon, though he did up respawn timing which should help. Bottom line is without instancing going in, then I can't think of many other ways - and this at least clears out some of the players who kill the fastest in ldon which should help reduce the load there. To be honest I doubt this will ever go in anyways, so it's probably moot.
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 12:57:57 pm »

Our server is moving at such a fast pace that the impact on these zones changes almost weekly.

In just the past 2-3 weeks we have seen LDON4 with sometimes up to 12 players looking to improve their oracle.
This is a direct result of the recent Pally upgrade and shows how quickly the effects of certain aspects of our progress effect other areas of the game.

Your former post on 2 hours per upgrade is unlikely today, there have been groups go through LDON this passed weekend that didnt see a single charm because the mobs just arent up. Remember, with ONE zone being opportunity for specific charms and if that zone gets 1 more player in it, the chances decrease substantially.

Look at LDON5.
2 warriors can clear the zone STILL with the increased spawn times.
The spawn time increases help, but no way is it a solution.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 01:01:35 pm »

Multiple people posted in the other thread they would rather farm stones than do ldon, in response to your comment that no one would do that. It tells me that people might indeed do that. Any person that is removed from ldon raises the odds exponentially also, same as adding one lowers it. Hence there is an exponential improvement by moving players out.  Grin
ieawenpo

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 01:09:20 pm »

Multiple people posted in the other thread they would rather farm stones than do ldon, in response to your comment that no one would do that. It tells me that people might indeed do that. Any person that is removed from ldon raises the odds exponentially also, same as adding one lowers it. Hence there is an exponential improvement by moving players out.  Grin

True, and I stand corrected on people willing to try.
I believe the issue is balancing content available to end game players and still equally balancing the content for beginners.

I think if we implement 2 strategies we should at least make an impact on the progression.

Adding LDON 7-8-9 with same opportunities as 6 along with end game availability of HOH would suffice.

Much like the end game players get passionate about others making suggestions on content they have no experience with, this also works in reverse with lower end players suffering the decisions based from pure higher end experience.

The charm process is CURRENTLY absolutely painful to new players on our server, go through LDON and ask the players in the zone first hand.
Balthor2
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 01:46:52 pm »

Yes LDON5 sucks when one dude boxing 2 warriors sits at about 20percent in and again at 80percent in and attempts to keep the whole damn zone clear.
Would rather farm 32 stones per upgrade from 1-25 then bother with LDON at all.
Slurm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 02:43:26 pm »

I agree with Balthor. Going to a higher level instance (HoH) and farming stones for charm upgrades would be worth it to me not only because I hate LDON, but because it would be much less stressful having to check my map every 20 seconds in LDON to see if mobs are up or where people are at in the zone, etc. 100k really isn't that hard to make and if I could just cruise at my own pace in HoH farming stones without worrying about 20 people doing the same thing that would be worth its weight in gold to me.
walk2k

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 02:54:24 pm »

I'll take your word for how many stones or whatever is reasonable since I've never been there, just saying that it needs to be reasonable, and probably faster/better drop rate than LDON (talking a few % here, not 2-3x faster).  Otherwise you may move a few people there - I would probably go there to avoid the crowds if I could - but you gotta remember most people are LAZY LAZY LAZY and will always take the easiest route   Cool  especially the ones that just don't care if they grief the whole zone...   Undecided

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 439