Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:45:03 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Poll
Question: change the 3.0 graphic from raging taelosian alloy axe to heart of the first war axe?  (Voting closed: September 05, 2010, 09:10:50 pm)
yes - 8 (72.7%)
no - 3 (27.3%)
Total Voters: 11

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: proposed 3.0 graphic  (Read 11241 times)
Rtard

View Profile
« on: August 28, 2010, 09:10:50 pm »

we use the raging taelosian alloy axe graphic for all 1.5 - 3.0s and it's quite dull and boring.

it's time to give berserkers the style they deserve.

below is my proposed graphic(heart of the first war axe) for the 3.0 :

http://i48.tinypic.com/2lsfjus.png
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 09:17:51 pm by Rtard » Logged
zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 09:36:26 pm »

LOL oops that's Underfoot :3

For Titanium this'll have to suffice:

Blood of the Akkadian
sohami

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 07:48:53 am »

Lol

that graphic is

AWEEESOMEEEE
Thyl

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 07:53:22 am »

I run Titanium exclusively. So I definitely approve of this idea.

Thyl - Warrior                Hiryu - Ranger
Turbulance - Rogue       Opmeter - Paladin
Epox - Druid                  Traximus - Paladin
Tecon - Enchanter
Atmax - Wixxor
Erigark - Cleric
Phasin - Mage
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 11:52:04 am »

Can't you use SoF+ graphics and have them just look like rusty shortswords on Tit. clients?  Give people incentive to upgrade Wink

zomgDanyelle

Retired

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 12:48:38 pm »

Can't you use SoF+ graphics and have them just look like rusty shortswords on Tit. clients?  Give people incentive to upgrade Wink

They won't even look like rusty short swords. Unlike races and item icons, item graphics don't default, they simply don't exist. I.E. you'll be slashing with your empty fists.

I agree with the incentive though. I've said this before but EQEmu hit a roadblock with SoD where GMs don't want to create content for SoD until more players use it, yet players don't wanna get SoD until content is made for it. Thus it's a deadlock in a way and until one of those groups steps forward the client will never be used to it's full potential.

However whether Hunter uses any though is up to him. Probably won't though out of fear of causing butthurt from Craptanium users. I can tell you i don't work like that though. Tongue As a matter of fact, ask Akkadius how much i push the boundaries on SoD content on BoTA lol. He'll log on one day and EVERYTHING will have SoD weapon graphics in hand, 90% of all items have SoD icons and there's fricken Sirens and minotaurs and other SoD races everywhere XD. Akk feels the same way i do but doesn't wanna alienate Titanium users, he's probably scared i'll do something one day that breaks Titanium compatibility. Luckily i'm not that stupid :3.

In all honestly though Titanium limits a GM's  ability to create. From a dev stand point one of the largest issues is the spell file. SoF/SoD/UnD can read literally tens of thousands upon tens of thousands of spell ids, where as Titanium can only read 9999 and most of those are already used with the stock spell file. With a server that makes immense amounts of spells (for example raising the level cap with content releases and adding new spells/discs for each class for each new level) that server quickly runs out of room, forcing them to either break Titanium compatibility or cease content creation (at least quality content). Another issue is that limiting yourself to Titanium means you can only use a small percentage of the content you have access to (as we're seeing here with epic graphics). It's like being handed 3 million dollars and being told "you can only spend $1000 of it though."

Anyway, rant aside, people really should just switch. Anything you've heard about SoD being less stable and more broken than Titanium is 100% false and the switch will be something i promise you won't regret.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:54:41 pm by zomgDanyelle » Logged

Blood of the Akkadian
Leick.Exhumed

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 08:22:45 pm »

What if im hard headed and just say no?
Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 09:09:22 pm »

However whether Hunter uses any though is up to him. Probably won't though out of fear of causing butthurt from Craptanium users.

Anyway, rant aside, people really should just switch. Anything you've heard about SoD being less stable and more broken than Titanium is 100% false and the switch will be something i promise you won't regret.

Judging by the epic graphic nerfs, he's catering to a "certain" crowd.  And that crowd has shitty computers and uses titanium.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 12:21:12 am »

For me it is more of a preference. I hated having that big glowing dildo on my pallys screen. That and the fire weapons make it hard to see what is going on if everyone or several people has them. That is also why I have all spell effects off. I played with them on for about a week once just to see if I could get used to it. Couldn't see a damn thing the whole time but a bunch of colorful explosions. I like being able to see what is going on with all of my toons.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2010, 01:18:40 pm »

For me it is more of a preference. I hated having that big glowing dildo on my pallys screen. That and the fire weapons make it hard to see what is going on if everyone or several people has them. That is also why I have all spell effects off. I played with them on for about a week once just to see if I could get used to it. Couldn't see a damn thing the whole time but a bunch of colorful explosions. I like being able to see what is going on with all of my toons.

All of my characters are set to only show their own spells.  When I'm boxing around other people or pulling trains I'll load up my directory with bot-presets which turns off all particles for everyone but my tank. 

Glowing weapons don't bother me, never have, never will.

walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2010, 01:48:02 pm »

If you want to box 18 guys on an old Pentium4 you can hax the graphics to crap with the .ini file right?

I agree the first 4.0s and some others the giant glowy stuff was a bit overdone but that doesn't mean I wanna look at boring Titty. client-only dull swords and stuff. Tongue

How about if you don't upgrade, you just swing empty hands.. I'm guessing that's what a lot of the mega-boxers look like already (and everything is the default human model etc...)  IMO that's ZZzzzz.. but I guess you do what you gotta so you don't have to play with others Tongue

Be honest here, 99% of you are gonna torrent the thing anyway, so besides redoing your UI layout I don't see the issue with switching to SoD. 

Oh, I guess LoH doesn't work... but how much does it heal for anyway, like 7500 max?  Pallys can proc more than that Tongue

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2010, 08:44:21 pm »

My computer can handle playing all my toons with full effects on. I just visually can not see the details of of each toon when the screen is lit up with nothing but this huge glob of glow. I do like the more subtle glow that some magic and weapons have and wish I could adjust the effects to be more subtle. On most other servers I play on I don't play nearly as many toons as on EZ. Even the servers I play only one toon on I have all the effects turned off. I simply don't like the huge glob of glowing effects.

Isaaru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2010, 10:31:25 pm »

My computer can handle playing all my toons with full effects on. I just visually can not see the details of of each toon when the screen is lit up with nothing but this huge glob of glow. I do like the more subtle glow that some magic and weapons have and wish I could adjust the effects to be more subtle. On most other servers I play on I don't play nearly as many toons as on EZ. Even the servers I play only one toon on I have all the effects turned off. I simply don't like the huge glob of glowing effects.

I know what you mean.  By the time my Anger V's fire off 5-6 times I can't see anything else on the screen.  Once I turn that down so they aren't so horrid I can actually see what's going on.  I prefer high particles, but when you can't see shit, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2010, 11:43:05 pm »

Yeah, I would much prefer being able to turn down the intensity of particle effects rather than being limited to just distance adjustment.

sohami

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 07:25:12 am »

Yeah, I would much prefer being able to turn down the intensity of particle effects rather than being limited to just distance adjustment.

You can, its in the same window in the options/graphics tab
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6124
  • Latest: Havicck
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64988
  • Total Topics: 5053