Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 28, 2024, 12:22:58 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best 3.0 class for PLing in pofire?  (Read 8443 times)
revloc02

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2010, 01:50:48 am »

What is the best class with a 3.0 epic (or lower for that matter) for power leveling in pofire?

Seems like the 3.0 pets on BL, necro, or mage are the best for this. Thoughts?
funkinmofo

Nerf Whiners

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 01:57:48 am »

I played around with my dual 3.0 bard, my 3.0 pally (1hd with shield and 2 hd), and my 3.0 necro. They were all about the same. The raw dps (which is abyssmal) from my bard was augmented with his DS. While the Pally and the necro pet were about on par. The only bonus about using the necro or the bard was that I didn't have to continually target mobs since the pet aggro'd on anything that hit me, while on the bard the majority of the damage was from the DS and the 2 aoe I ran.

Since I am currently RoA'ing my warrior I can't chime in on how efficient they are, but I would imagine that even with only 2 anger IV augs they would be more efficient at dealing out the damage to the grouped up mobs.

Chane Laforet

With No Voice... Can I Betray You

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 02:02:17 am »

I think Warriors can now kill multiple times the amount of mobs before without crashing the zone, havent tried yet though, but if you can't get the anger V's, then I suggest an SK.. They can pull lots of mobs, procs keep you alive, and just learn to use the epic click, the pofire mobs have low hp so the dot will generally kill them quickly, and has never crashed a zone from what i've seen.

тнє тнαηαтσѕ ιηѕтιηcт
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 02:22:35 am »

One pull, dual 3.0 warrior with 4 anger 5 augs on the 2 blades, about 6 or 7 mins total 47 to 70 is my personal best so far. Took that long, roughly, to gather up the mobs.

Before 47, shammy and druid own for PLing. After......no class compares to warrior.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 12:03:25 pm »

You said Pofire, so we must assume you mean the 47-70 stretch...

47-70 is warriors hands down IF you have the T1 angerV augs.

IF you do NOT have the augs, Bards are the next best PLer using the bard 1100dmg damage shield and regen songs.

Plain and simple.

*edit*

I'll expand on why bards are the best: DPS.

No other class can hit 30 mobs for 1100dmg at the same time consistently for an extended amount of time (short of the AngerV augs).

Bards DS hits around 1100 every time a mob hits you. If the poFire mobs hit for an average of 50dmg and you have a regen of 2600 per tick (regen song 600 +duel epic 3.0's for 1khp each), you can hit dozens of mobs at the same time for 1100's consistently without having to do anything fancy (that's about 9500 DPS). This high DPS is more sustainable than other classes as it is more passive.

[rough numbers off the top of my head, test for yourself if you want exact]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 12:15:43 pm by swamphy » Logged
Otaduke

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 05:13:17 pm »

how hard is it to get the T1 anger V augs? I have been doing RoA's on my monk for my war. But will need to switch soon since I am closing in on the RoA 100 for my war now.

Monk is a one hit wonder every hour with Destructive force and Whirlwind. Plus it's easy to gather a ton of mobs using fd pulls as long as no on else is in the zone gathering up mobs. Most about of lvls in 1 pull on monk has been 15 so far with out crashing the zone and with out dieing.

Is getting the T1 Anger V augs something I can get help with from one of your guys posting on here?
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 05:51:28 pm »

The materials that are used to create the augs are no drop and have a random chance to drop off anything in T1/T2 that drops loot.

Since its random with 31 other possible aug mats it usually means several hours to get the augs unless you are the luckiest.

revloc02

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 08:47:01 pm »

You said Pofire, so we must assume you mean the 47-70 stretch...

47-70 is warriors hands down IF you have the T1 angerV augs.

IF you do NOT have the augs, Bards are the next best PLer using the bard 1100dmg damage shield and regen songs.

Plain and simple.
I really appreciate this info, it's just what I was wondering. I am not too familiar with bards and I am going to look into them. Do you (or anyone) know the name of the song that is the 1100 DS, and is it standard (get it from spell merchant) or does it drop somewhere?

Thanks.
barrettd04

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 12:30:28 am »

Pretty sure it's their 70 ds song, and having both 3.0's enhances it. 

garybusey - warrior
umadd - pally
wayfaerer - pewpew
rondonald - cleric
obzen - monk
dongus - zerker
dorfkus - pally
ultrabeard - zerker
dopesmoke - drood
djenty - chanter
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 01:33:37 am »

Songs are:

Psalm of Veeshan (63)
War March of Muram (68)

Both can be learned from the spell trainer in Surefall

swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 06:57:44 am »

Having a second 3.0 on a bard does not increase the DS. The second 3.0 is simply for the added regen effect, and perhaps stats.

Demin
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 08:31:28 am »

Also, don't forget about the Citrine of Radiant Quickening aug that is made from materials in POD also (like the anger 5 augs).  It adds 200 to damage shield.  This also works on any class.

If you have NO damage shield on you, it does nothing in that regard.  If you have ANY damage shield on you, it adds 200.  So, if you have a 1 point damage shield, this makes it 201.

Of course, you can't ROA with it since it makes your shoulder slot item level 70, regardless of what the level the shoulder slot originally is.  But, my bard DS is in the 1300 range, give or take a little.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 08:34:44 am by Demin » Logged
swamphy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 09:26:28 am »

True the PoD DS stuff would help... but if you want to do that, you might as well just make a warrior and get the Anger5 Augs. It would take about the same time.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6149
  • Latest: Acaelis
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 432