Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 24, 2024, 08:31:11 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Air - Crash  (Read 12173 times)
JDFriend

Older i get the less i care to understand

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2011, 10:30:49 pm »

-sigh

In the past 4 days air has crashed over 25 times, if i recall correctly this last one is 27 or 28. Now idc about the gems etc, but the bosses are killing me, last one was h1n1, i am lacking a t3 chest on a toon, oh well ill get him again. Other night it was warlord at 6%, granted i think you made guilds then and i didnt noticed the message.

Can we pls try to figure out wthell is wrong in air, the crash mcp's are bad really costly on time and gems. But for life of me i cant figure out why normal boxing air crashes. When i do mcp i use 11 toons. Typically no more then 13 in zone. So it cant be too many people. Boxing t3/t4 im using 6-7 toons. Only thing i may offer is the spam of procs going off, no clue otherwise, cause 6-7 toons should not be crashing an instance.

If anyone has ideas or suggestions of what occurs when they are boxing it, pls post em. Stuff cant get fixed by one person alone. And i for one would sooo love to see air fixed over any more modifications to classes or otherwise.

Thanks for looking at this or into it.

-Lightblade

Lintrix

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 10:49:34 pm »

I've been having the same issues, especially recently.

I usually 12box T3/T4 as my team's DPS is really weak.  My warrior with 2x IV and 1x V comes out on top, with the next in line being my Rogue.  No money for Icestrikes and only a few Firestrikes, and I don't have UC on any character.  My paladins are parsing under my Ranger @ 4000-5000 DPS, and my top 5 DPS are Warrior, Rogue, 4.0 Mage pet, and 3.5 Bst pet.  I don't mind cruising along t3/t4, as the fights are decent, and I get to do other things while in combat.

Anyway, now it takes probably 15-20 minutes to kill 1 T4, and the zone crashes for me every 2-3 spawns.  All I can tell is that a few seconds or so before the crash happens, I notice a few spurts of combat lag.  I haven't really pinpointed to what ability - if any - is causing this, as this has been happening on a variety of both T3 and T4 bosses. 

The real challenge is losing 16 stones every 45ish minutes due to crashing, as well as the wasted time spent on the current boss.  Since my collective DPS is really weak, it hurts big time when the crash happens at a boss that's sub-30%.
Drezden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:10:06 pm »

I'd say,if you could, post what mobs it happens on, if its public or instance and the last thing you noticed happening(like what spell AE hit ya,where your rooted,etc). That way it might could be narrowed down to a few specific encounters, unless its the whole zone itself. The more data collected, the better chance of narrowing down the problems.

Its happened to me several times since getting to PoA. Lightblade, Me and someone else I can't remember their name, all had same problem one night, they stated have troubles with getting dropped or toons lagging way behind first, then it hit me a few mobs later..then the whole zone crashed. I usually have no problems most of the time while others do. But zone crashes of course take me down too.

I'm no super coder, but I can toss some stuff on my lil test server and try to recreate and tweak to see whats up.
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 12:15:45 am »

Only thing i may offer is the spam of procs going off, no clue otherwise, cause 6-7 toons should not be crashing an instance.
-Lightblade

I've come to the conclusion that I cannot box in PoA.  Every one of my toons seems to lag out there on every fight I attempt.

I have experienced this same effect before in PoF when my warrior was PLing another toon.  If you pull too many what seems to happen is the zone appears to stop.  All text stops.  You can move around the zone - but everything is frozen.  I'm 100% certain that its the lag in this instance (in PoF) is caused by spam flooding.   

Now up in Air - same thing (Regarless of it being public or instance).  The spam text seems to come VERY fast with 6 - 12 toons hitting a boss.  Within a couple of mins everything seems to stop and the fight is effectively over.  I tried at one point walking away and seeing what would happen - this amounted to a diconnection.

Side note - I've experienced this flooding with a single toon (non boxing scenario) also on CT fights (Halloween event) and the Uber Chicken fight (Thanksgiving event) when multiple players hit the one target in a zone.  Seems if more than 20 people are hitting the one target and I'm there (in any zone) I'll lage out in this way.

Given all this - I wonder if it's a server bandwidth issue?  I am probably playing the furtherest from the server itself than anyone else currently playing which might indicate why I seem to cop it more than most.

I dunno.

My solution - (not really a good one I'm afriad) skip this content and buy your way through this zone??
Strix

PS - this spam flooding actually reminds me of the old ping floods people would do in IRC channels in the early 90s.  Your computer would lag out in front of your eyes.  Not that that really relates here Smiley

Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 02:22:16 am »

Strix do you have melee and spell crits on? If so, turn those completely off. Do you have other hits/misses or your own misses on? If so, same thing. I have seen plenty of people with this same type of loss of zone sinc because of having those filters on.

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 05:02:58 am »

Strix do you have melee and spell crits on? If so, turn those completely off. Do you have other hits/misses or your own misses on? If so, same thing. I have seen plenty of people with this same type of loss of zone sinc because of having those filters on.

Oh man - just checked and all that stuff is on!!!!!!  Even on the boxed versions of the game.  Xiggie -- you my friend are a born genius!!!!!

Thanks heaps mate!
Strix

Fabdibikya

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 05:13:42 am »

Terry Pratchett still said it best:

Multiple exclamation marks are a clear sign of a diseased mind.

Thanks!

-Clev

Clevitsj, Hipster Enchantress Extraordinaire
(I WAS AN ENCHANTER BEFORE THEY WERE COOL)
Strix

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 05:17:42 am »

Terry Pratchett still said it best:

Multiple exclamation marks are a clear sign of a diseased mind.

Thanks!

-Clev

I play Everquest - was that ever really in doubt?

Smiley Smiley Smiley

Fugitive
Legend

TROLL KING

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 11:54:54 am »

With his recent changes the crashes are a lot farther between lightblade if your in your in your instance zone out like every 8 or so mobs I can go upward of 40 to 50 mobs with no crash in 1 sitting

Last crash that happen for me all was good clicked clerics shield and crashed like 5 secs later.

Quoted for the Brotherhood of Warriors
"I want my wizard to cast Fugitives instead of fireballs.
We can't always get what we want. ;-)"
-Hate"
Dragonmist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 01:13:16 pm »

Air is insanely un-stable and I know on live theyre were issues but this is freaking crazy amount of times it happens.

WAR-Warfiend
SK-Ciera
PAL-Fevein
PAL-Zelera
PAL-Kordel
RNG-Dragonmist
ROG-Consealed
WIZ-Zeldraco
BER-Shadeis
whatzizface

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2011, 01:55:06 pm »

Really a diseased mind??? Is that like a malaria of the mind or more of a subtle common cold?HuhHuh Wonder what a over abundance of question marks means?Huh Just joking for you with the "disease of the mind" thing going on !!!!!!

Strix

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2011, 02:47:40 pm »

Really a diseased mind??? Is that like a malaria of the mind or more of a subtle common cold?HuhHuh Wonder what a over abundance of question marks means?Huh Just joking for you with the "disease of the mind" thing going on !!!!!!

lol

Rokin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 01:24:15 am »

T3/t4 crashes on me between every 5th and 7th boss... EVERYTIME. Its hard to grind out gear when losing stones to crashes.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 07:54:17 am »

I don't know the reason for the crash. Some people crash more than others. Maybe its the client your using, or certain spells, or maybe even the zone. I'm considering making an alternative zone to airplane for the bosses to see if that helps with the crashing.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32:06 am »

Its just so strange cause it never crashes on me unless someone else enters the zone.

Poop
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 260
  • Online Ever: 8678