Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 01:01:08 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Updated this weekend  (Read 8148 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: April 18, 2010, 06:33:17 am »

Updated the rules in update forum. Posted a link to it in the Welcome thread in General Section as well.

Added 5 more static zones.

Removed Levi from 2.5 Zone.

Fixed Caster / Fighter Guild Tag - Will no longer bug a toon putting them in 2 guilds at same time which would prevent them from being able to log in. Now it auto removes you from your previous guild before giving you the new guild tag.

Dragon Class molds can now be used in the Magic Box for your T2 single class armor instead of using the single class mold. You still need your T1 Multi Class armor  + class specific ore as you would with the single class molds.

Updated Brawler Spells thanks to Danyelle. Hopefully it works this time.

Updated some spell and scroll names for T3:
Druid I - Bashful Crustaceans Rain of Frogs
Necro I - Legend of Shylich Renewal
Warrior I - Bashful Crustaceans Sancho Panza

The Titianium and SoF spell files are already posted and available for download. The server still needs a reboot for new spells to take effect on the server side.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 07:01:47 am »

What are the 5 new zones?

Will we need to download the new spell file?

Thanks for info  Smiley

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:07:34 am »

Add:
pofire
najena
emeraldjungle
lafaydark
templeveeshan

to the static list.

No, you don't need to download anything. It was done in the database.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Necosi

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2010, 11:33:24 am »

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'static zones'?

Siccwilly Darkmind - Barbarian Berserker
Snaekize - Iksar Beastlord
Dhuka Vhurl - Dwarf Paladin
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 12:02:01 pm »

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by 'static zones'?

Static Zone is already pre-loaded and running. Even if no players are in the zone, its still up. A dynamic zone only starts up if a player enters the zone. There are cons and pros to both. From a GM side, static zones allow players to zone faster, and prevent repop'ing of mobs exploit to get a named instead of a place holder.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Secrets

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2010, 04:59:31 pm »

Just as a quick FYI, shaman spells like spirit of leopard do NOT stack with the spell effect listed on the brawler charm.Another reason is to use the Minimum damage modifier as it increases the maximum damage range, rather than the amount you hit in a range.
Reed
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2010, 07:40:34 pm »

I must be not-so-blissfully ignorant as to why people seem to like Veeshan Peaks so much. Am i missing something?

Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 08:46:05 am »

Nice RoA drops in Veeshan, and I suspect some cool/unique items with click effect or graphic.

I'm wondering why the retarded spell names. They have almost nothing to do with the spell itself. If I ever get my T3 pally spell, I wonder if it'll be named "Bashful Crustacean Barnacle Buster" or some junk.

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 09:09:12 am »

I'm wondering why the retarded spell names. They have almost nothing to do with the spell itself. If I ever get my T3 pally spell, I wonder if it'll be named "Bashful Crustacean Barnacle Buster" or some junk.

The deal with the spell names is that the guild/person to find the spell gets to name it in T3/T4 Smiley I can assure you it is difficult to keep creative names going for the spells at a certain point. I think we do all try to keep it somewhat related to the spell, ie Rain of Frogs would be a dot for example, where as Shylich Renewal is named after Shy's necro and is a heal spell. Bashful Crustaceans Sancho Panza is the T3 Warrior Pet/Sidekick (Don Quixote's squire) and Bashful Crab's I'm not Dead Yes (Rogue Feign Death), Hulkamania is the Beastlord T4 Pet Buff since it super hulks up the pet etc...  Good news is I don't think we named the T3 Pally Spell, maybe OR got that one, or it hasn't been discovered yet?
Uxt

Schizoid

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 09:52:19 am »

The deal with the spell names is that the guild/person to find the spell gets to name it in T3/T4 Smiley I can assure you it is difficult to keep creative names going for the spells at a certain point. I think we do all try to keep it somewhat related to the spell, ie Rain of Frogs would be a dot for example, where as Shylich Renewal is named after Shy's necro and is a heal spell. Bashful Crustaceans Sancho Panza is the T3 Warrior Pet/Sidekick (Don Quixote's squire) and Bashful Crab's I'm not Dead Yes (Rogue Feign Death), Hulkamania is the Beastlord T4 Pet Buff since it super hulks up the pet etc...  Good news is I don't think we named the T3 Pally Spell, maybe OR got that one, or it hasn't been discovered yet?

You know, I sing Don Quixote's Man of La Mancha often, and that would've been an awesome spell name for my pally T3 spell. I can understand some of the names now, but why tack the guild name onto them? I guess it's just my oldschool 2000-2003 playing days of doing everything "by the book" and earning your way to stardom is coming out, but my only serious gripe is the leadership AA thingy that lets you see who's casting what. I wouldn't be able to discern what's being cast by the crazy names. Sorry for calling the names retarded, I just didn't get it until now. lol

Does it matter who finds what? Like, if I find a monk tome/spell as a paladin, do I have the right to say "I NAME THIS HOLY ENDEAVOR OF LIGHT LOL" or does it depend on the right class being able to actually use it?

And, I really hope there's more than one paladin T3 spell. lol

Crabthewall

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2010, 10:22:37 am »

You know, I sing Don Quixote's Man of La Mancha often, and that would've been an awesome spell name for my pally T3 spell. I can understand some of the names now, but why tack the guild name onto them? I guess it's just my oldschool 2000-2003 playing days of doing everything "by the book" and earning your way to stardom is coming out, but my only serious gripe is the leadership AA thingy that lets you see who's casting what. I wouldn't be able to discern what's being cast by the crazy names. Sorry for calling the names retarded, I just didn't get it until now. lol

Does it matter who finds what? Like, if I find a monk tome/spell as a paladin, do I have the right to say "I NAME THIS HOLY ENDEAVOR OF LIGHT LOL" or does it depend on the right class being able to actually use it?

And, I really hope there's more than one paladin T3 spell. lol

In T3/T4 you get the right to name it, so the general pattern followed by OR/BC/Avlon has been to name it after the guild or player you choose and then what you want to call it, so I guess it's just habit. If you get a spell that has just the generic name, you screenshot it and email it to Hunter along with what you want to call it and he names it that for you in the database.

Spells aren't dropped in Halls of Honor, only by the Boss Mobs in Airplane, so it will always be a group of players that get to name it, rather than an individual, since it's usually at least 10 toons and as many as 30 depending on who is fighting up there.

I think it's a guild brag thing. So yeah I'd expect each spell to be tagged with the finders guild info, so you may as well get used to that part  Grin

Regarding spells, each class appears to get 1 T3 Spell, 1 T4 Spell. So you have 2 new spells coming an a new epic 4 besides the armor/jewelry upgrades.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 10:24:41 am by Crabthewall » Logged
Supreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2010, 10:44:48 am »

Dont let me find anything and have to name it.

It will be EPIC!

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057