Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 20, 2024, 07:10:53 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Solution to PoD crowding issues  (Read 5334 times)
Xiggie | Stone
Legend

View Profile
« on: May 13, 2010, 03:27:25 pm »

In another post I made a suggestion about PoD becoming instanced per guild. This creates a problem because it would kill pickup groups and it would also kill showcasing your skills in one of the top raiding zones while looking for a guild. Also rots would go to rot instead of eager newcomers. To add to it, where would those who are guildless go? It seems like it would be replacing one problem with others.

So we need another idea in my opinion. We could have components drop to an item that would transport you and your group to a zone to face an encounter. If it takes more than one group, then you collect more than one set of components. The components should no drop like candy but should not be rare either. Uncommon would seem fitting. The hard part would be the battle itself. After completion of the battle a note with a code would be found on the corpse. That code would be good for 1 week and would let you into an instanced version of PoD. In the instanced version of PoD none of the components would drop.

The Battle
Upon entering the zone there is a staging area where you organize yourself and buff and all that. I believe there might be a battle similar to this in Anguish (live) but I have not done that encounter so I am not directly ripping it off, lol. There would be 3 mobs. Each mob spawns adds every approximate 20%. In the encounter if any of the boss mobs becomes more or less than 10% hp than the others a new boss is spawned. All the boss mobs have to be brought down in hp at the same rate or within 10% of each other. There could be some variation of this but that is the basic premise behind it. As for how tough the mobs are, Kronos.

If anyone sees any logistics problems in this please by all means let me know and we can all put forth other solutions. If anyone has a different opinion or a different suggestion please say so. If you like this idea please say so and support it.

Tankzilla

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 03:38:44 pm »

Perfect man... thats it just perfect, that i can think of right now! lol if i think of any other options or anything of such I will be posting it... but this is perfect imo.. Hope Hunter will considerer something such as this! =)  Grin Grin Grin
Bunk

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 04:00:49 pm »

This has lead me to some thought on the issue as well, as maybe a way to incorporate old world, non used zones into the picture.  The way it would work would be similar to this, mini/chest spawn in pod would have a [%] chance to drop a note(work out that chance later).  The note reads something like [item slot] - [zone] - [mob].  Example

[Bracer] - [Charasis] - [Drusella Sathir]

This tells you what item you can improve, the zone you need to go to, and the mob you need to kill in order to get your improvement.
Having the note in your inventory is the only way to have the improvement item [ in this case, all/all bracer] show on the corpse, when the specific mobs is killed.

To make it so you cannot use this note again at a later time, [ the reason I chose bracer] you would then combine the note and the looted component in your magic box to make a new upgrade item.  Once that is complete just use the magic box like normal.  Upgrade item + ore + current class loot = new tier item.  This in my opinion would at least help in getting some people out of pod for a time, and also be able to get improvements for their characters without waiting 4+ hours for another group to finish, as well as giving some old world zones some use that are currently not used hardly at all right now.

Gnaughty

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2010, 01:51:49 am »

Yeah is there something we can do about the two T1 tikis being perma camped my god I cant even turn in crystals.  There must be something to allow me to even get a shot at getting the finishing pieces I need to move on to T2.  Ive tried logging in at any possible time including 2 am to 6 a.m. can i get some love here Hunter?

Poop
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65081
  • Total Topics: 5061
  • Online Today: 123
  • Online Ever: 8678