Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:44:44 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Tier 5 Compiled Guide  (Read 15979 times)
Kruciel

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2013, 06:47:47 pm »

Updated - 1.1 - May 16, 2014

First of all, thanks to Pimpn for the writeup on which mobs spawn which boss. Once you get an understanding of this zone, his post is all you need which can be seen here : http://ezserver.online/forums/index.php?topic=2013.0

I wanted to go into more explanation of the "Rares" and "Triggers" because of how many people I've had to explain this to. Bosses that drop Arms and Boots are 100% guaranteed spawns.

Arms/Boots: If you whipe out all of a specific type of mob, you are guaranteed to spawn a boss somewhere in the zone that will drop arms/boots.

Helms/Gloves: These bosses are called "Rares", they have a very small chance to spawn when killing a certain type of mob.

Bracers: These mobs are timed. In 30 minutes, you will see one spawn, and 30 minutes later another will spawn. The first timed mob will despawn as the next one spawns regardless of you engaging it or not. If you soft reset the zone (leave it empty for 5-10 minutes) or you issue a "repop instance" command, this timer is restarted. These two actions will despawn all triggered mobs, events, and bosses in here and the tiers to come!

Chests/Legs: These bosses are spawned from Trigger mobs. There is, in the zone, one mob of every type that is a designated trigger. Killing this mob has a chance to start a chain. The most common and accepted method to see these spawns is to type "/highlight npc" upon zoning in on your main character. From this point, all mobs will appear on your map as a purple color, and any new boss or mob spawned will appear in yellow, white, or blue depending on your level. To give a quick example, you zone in and type /highlight npc, you jump off the bridge and swim south until you reach the next bridge and kill the Blue Coral underneath it. This has a chance to spawn any trash mob somewhere in the zone, which upon dying will spawn a second trash mob anywhere in the zone. They will be the only mobs on your map showing up non-purple. Upon killing the second random trash mob, a Chest/Legs boss will spawn. I will type the location of each below~!

Random drops Spells and essences both have a chance to drop off bosses, as well as trash.

Etiquette It is very common for new players to leech off of essence farmers for kills. Your best bet is to try and join them for a few runs, get a bunch knocked out, then work on your own for a while, followed by buying your last 5-10 kills one at a time. You will want to get as many UCs done during this grind as possible. My advice is to start with your warrior / pally UC'ed at a minimum, as well as start your warrior's SOA. Upon finishing this grind, you will want your warrior's SOA caught up to the Abyss Essence Level, and all of your melee UC'ed to begin tier 6. Just bounce between doing Tier 5 and UC farming / token farming until you can't stand it anymore, then go to tier 6  Grin

And now for Pimpn's list, once again thanks so much for posting this I still have it bookmarked  Grin My only additions thus far are a little spacing added, as well as a WARNING not to attempt White in pub, and I grabbed all of the locations for the trigger's from Hate's guide on his own personal site. So a big THANKYOU to Hateborne as well!
1   Braaains         WAR HEAD
2   Hive Father     MNK ARM/DRU FEET
3   White              4.5
4   Yaggol            CLE ARM/PAL FEET
5   Alhoon            BRD ARM/CLE FEET
6   Mind Flayer     PAL ARM/WAR FEET
7   Monopterus    SHM ARM/BRD FEET
8   Ophisternon   SK HAND
9   Slayer             DRU BP
10   Heliopora      RNG ARM/SHM FEET
11   Corallium      ROG ARM/RNG FEET
12   Gorgonian    BER ARM/ROG FEET
13   Alcyonacea   SK ARM/BER FEET
14   Morlock         CLE BP
15   Frost Blood   PAL HEAD
16   War Howler   CLE HEAD
17   Driller             NEC LEG
18   Tricholoma     CLE HAND
19   Mycena          RNG BP
20   Oneup           ROG BP
21   Gold Mist       BRD HEAD
22   Amanita        WIZ LEG
23   Cortinarius    BARD HANDS
24   Pink Eyes      BER BP
25   Green Eyes   MAGE LEG
26   Blue Eyes     SHM HEAD
27   Claw             BST LEG
28   Frost Bite      SHM HAND
29   Black Paw     SK BP
30   The Widow Maker   PAL HAND
31   Yellow           RNG HEAD
32   Six Eyes        MNK LEGS
33   Glassilisk       RNG HAND
34   Dracolisk       PAL BP
35   Eeny            WAR WRIST
36   Meeny          ROG HEAD
37   Miny             DRU LEG
38   Moe             ROG HAND
39   Clyde          BRD BP
40   Ebony         BER HEAD
41   Emerald      SK HEAD
42   Crimson      SHM LEG
43   Aquamarine   BER HAND
44   Hive Mother   SHM BP
45   God of the Deep   BRD LEGS
46   Sea Nettle   DRU ARM/SK FEET
47   Malo King   BST ARM/MNK FEET
48   Scales       DRU HAND
49   Snappy   WAR BP
50   Glacius   DRU HEAD
51   Rock Biter   MNK HEAD
52   Twenty Four Carat   ENC LEG
53   Bone Rot     MNK HAND
54   Ice Bone      MNK BP
55   Blood Lust   PAL LEG
56   Decay          BST HEAD
57   Burn            SK LEG
58   Crash          BST HAND
59   Bane Guard   BST BP
60   Alkare   MAG ARM/BST FEET
61   Frogs Legs   WIZ HEAD
62   Razorback   WIZ ARM/MAG FEET
63   Ashes         WIZ HAND
64   Adarna        ENC BP
65   Exoking       NEC ARM/ENC FEET
66   Blurb          ENC ARM/NEC FEET
67   Angler        BER LEGS
68   Sea Devil   MAG HAND
69   Life            MAG BP
70   Death        ROG LEG
71   Ochre Jelly   NEC HEAD
72   Aballin        RNG LEG
73   Gray Ooze   NEC HAND
74   Hidden      WIZ BP
75   Triskelion   MAG HEAD
76   Cyclonic Ravager   ENC HEAD
77   Holocaust Deciple   CLE LEG
78   Waterveiled Assassin   ENC HAND
79   Phytosaur   NEC BP
80   Aetozaur     BST WRIST
81   Sarras         SK WRIST
82   Aleya           PAL WRIST
83   Kra Sue       CLE WRIST
84   Foc follet    BRD WRIST
85   Onibi          SHM WRIST
86   Corpse Fire   RNG WRIST  
87   The Hammer   ROG WRIST
88   Winghead   BER WRIST
89   The Recluse   DRU WRIST
90   Ice Cube   SHIELD
91   Harvester   WAR ARM/WIZ FEET
92   Bain            MNK WRIST
93   Shiny          WIZ WRIST
94   Lectric         CLE WRIST
95   Judgement   NEC WRIST
96   Pack Master   ENC WRIST
97   Guyver       WAR LEG
98   Omadon     BACK
99   Death Knight   SHOULDERS
100   Riptor      WAR HAND

1. 16 arm/feet bosses + shield ----Kill one type of trash mob and boss spawns
ALKARI... ALKARE
EXOBEAST... EXOKING
YELLOW CORAL... ALCYONACEA
BLUE CORAL... HELIOPORA
GREEN CORAL... GORGONIAN
RED CORAL... CORALLIUM
SLARG... BLURB
ILLTHOCYTE... YAGGOL
ILLTHIDAE... ALHOON
SEA SNAKE... MONOPTERUS
GEL CUBE... ICE CUBE
EYE O DEEP... HIVE FATHER
NTI... HARVESTER
WAR BOAR... RAZORBACK
DARK JFISH... SEA NETTLE
JELLYFISH... MALO KING
ILLITHID... MIND FLAYER

2. 16 wrist bosses---timed spawn

3. 16 head/16 hand/shoulders/back bosses
ALKARI... - CYCLONIC RAVAGER/OPHISTERNON
EXOBEAST... ROCK BITER/ GLASSILISK
YELLOW CORAL... EBONY/SCALES
BLUE CORAL... BLUE EYES/ASHES
GREEN CORAL... MEENY/BONE ROT
RED CORAL... YELLOW/CRASH
SLARG... TRISKELION/TRICHOLOMA
ILLTHOCYTE... BRAAAINS/RIPTOR
ILLTHIDAE... FROST BLOOD/WATERVEILED ASSASSIN
SEA SNAKE... GLACIUS/MOE
GEL CUBE... FROGS LEGS/FROST BITE
EYE O DEEP... EMERALD/AQUAMARINE
NTI... OCHRE JELLY/CORTINARIUS
WAR BOAR... DECAY/WIDOWMAKER
DARK JFISH... WAR HOWLER/GRAY OOZE
JELLYFISH... GOLD MIST/SEA DEVIL
ILLITHID... DEATH KNIGHT/OMADON

4. 16 BP/16 leg bosses
ALKARI (Location: Around the table 2nd floor -995, -462)... PHYTOSAUR/GUYVER
EXOBEAST (Location: Inside the Exobeast House -214, -603)... ICE BONE/SIX EYES
YELLOW CORAL (Location: Jump in water from Green/Red Trigger and swim down and across -1163, -144)... CLYDE/GOD OF DEEP
BLUE CORAL (Location: Underneath the bridge south and parallel to the zonein bridge -1084, -1107)... PINK EYES/BURN
GREEN CORAL (Location: Outer lip of the arena -1265, +306)...DRACOLISK/24 CARAT
RED CORAL (Location: Outer lip of the arena -1266, +131)... BLACK PAW/BLOODLUST
SLARG (Location: Underneath one of the waterfalls in the arena -1611, -43)... HIDDEN/DRILLER
ILLTHOCYTE (Location: Above the arena standing outside the doors, second from the left -1761, +99)... SLAYER/HOLCAUST DECIPLE
ILLTHIDAE (Location: Swimming underwater on a ramp outside the Illthidae house -195, +194)... MORLOCK/ABALLIN
SEA SNAKE (Location: In the water near the zonein -654, -1058)... SNAPPY/MINY
GEL CUBE (Location: At the end of the deadend bridge leading south out of Alkari Building -1337, -510)... ADARNA/GREEN EYES
EYE O DEEP (Location: In the water between the NTI cave and the Illthidae/Illthocyte room -922, +280)... HIVE MOTHER/CRIMSON
NTI (Location: At the bottom of a pole outside the Exobeast house -378, -515)...LIFE/AMANITA
WAR BOAR (Location: In the NTI cave -526, +344) ...BANE GUARD/CLAW
DARK JFISH (Location: At the top of a pole outsdie the Exobeast house -322, -478)... MYCENA/DEATH
JELLYFISH (Location: Bottom of the water to the right of NTI cave -334, -34)... ONEUP/ANGLER

5. 4.5 boss... WHITE
Kill all corals. DO NOT DO THIS IN PUB. If there is one coral missing, aka someone popped in and killed a coral trigger to try and get a BP boss to spawn and then left, it will BREAK your 4.5 spawn cycle if it respawns. The only safe way to do 4.5 runs is to make your own instance and start from scratch

6. Lotto Boss - Kill all 400 trash mobs in the zone and a random boss will spawn in the Alkari building, it can be any of the 100 bosses.

If there are any more questions, or things to fix/add send me a tell or simply reply here.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:32:30 pm by Kruciel » Logged
WatchYouDie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 06:53:18 pm »

sweet i was actually just looking for this kinda thing thanks
Peign
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 08:15:23 pm »

Check out the original guide by Pimpn, it is solid.     Last post by Griz is priceless.

Code:
P 34.0000, 334.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Jellyfish_-_Oneup_or_Angler_Trigger
P 478.0000, 322.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Dark_Jellyfish_-_Mycena_or_Death_Trigger
P -344.0000, 526.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_War_Boar_-_Bane_Guard_or_Claw_Trigger
P 515.0000, 378.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_NTI_-_Life_or_Amanita_Trigger
P -280.0000, 922.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Eye_of_the_Deep_-_Hive_Mother_or_Crimson_Trigger
P 510.0000, 1337.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Gel_Cube_-_Adarna_or_Green_Eyes_Trigger
P 1058.0000, 664.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Sea_Snake_-_Snappy_or_Miny_Trigger
P -194.0000, 195.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Illthidae_-_Morlock_or_Aballin_Trigger
P -99.0000, 1761.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Illthocyte_-_Slayer_or_Holocaust_Disciple_Trigger
P 43.0000, 1611.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Slarg_-_Hidden_or_Driller_Trigger
P -306.0000, 1265.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Green_Coral_-_Dracolisk_or_Twenty_Four_Carat_Trigger
P -131.0000, 1266.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Red_Coral_-_Black_Paw_or_Bloodlust_Trigger
P 1107.0000, 1084.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Blue_Coral_-_Pink_Eyes_or_Burn_Trigger
P 144.0000, 1163.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Yellow_Coral_-_Clyde_or_God_of_the_Deep_Trigger
P 603.0000, 214.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Exobeast_-_Ice_Bone_or_Six_Eyes_Trigger
P 462.0000, 995.0000, 0.0000,  73, 0, 240,  2,  Kill_Alkari_-_Phytosaur_or_Guyver_Trigger

Paste in a blank map file, like illsalin_3.txt or something. Then, while killing the spawn, on one of these spots, do /highlight npc (I use an obnoxious bright green for my highlight color). If you see a new mob spawn when it dies (it will be a red dot on the map), you have started the trigger chain, and will get a BP/Leg mob.

Doing the above will give you the loc of all trigger mobs.   
Vice /highlight npc  you can use /maphide npc      So, park a toon at entrance and do /maphide npc.   Kill a trigger mob and check to see if a boss has spawned. 

Other tips:   Use Pegasus Feather (on noobie vendor) or some other form of levitation.   Run your puller (warrior) above the water to pull faster. 
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »

Ah I forgot about the map notes! You can copy paste that coded area directly into your Underfoot > Maps > illsalin_2 file and delete the notes that were previously in that file. On a side note, you can clear out your Lopingplains_2 and leave that blank as well. The amount of needless notes in that zone is absolutely retarded.
Hulkpunch

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:48:18 pm »

Good job Kruciel. In addition to forum resources I used this off of hateborne's website while I was going through t5, made things easy for me.

http://www.hateborne.com/ezserver/guides/T5.png

Also when youre farmin t5 dont forget to bring a towel...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:38:47 pm by Hulkpunch » Logged
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 12:24:11 am »

I have 280 400 as npc count in t5 is this accurate?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 12:13:13 am by balidet » Logged

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 01:38:17 am »

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Kruciel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 11:33:45 pm »

- Adjusted Timed mob... timer
- Added Lotto Boss details
- Removed the instance-empty insta close stuff blah blah
Warbash

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 12:12:25 pm »

Thanks for this post Smiley I put the list into excel by name, class, slot, trigger etc... because my brain wants to look for mob names alphabetically. This way I can sort by what ever field I like Smiley

DL from here if you like

http://snk.to/f-ctmeo3jt

Warbash and crew <Ancient Elites>
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2016, 10:52:41 am »

First - Thank you everyone for any work done on guides and wikis!

I just got my last character flagged for T5 and am getting comfortable with the zone. I love the concept and zone, but hate the corals for being rooted under water Smiley.

Anyway - i am trying to figure out the most efficient way to farm my way through T5 and was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind sharing their tactics when they were in T5.

1.) I have limited time in the morning to play on the weekdays. From my test run this morning i believe its just enough time to kill all the corals and kill white and any misc. bosses that spawn. My plan is to farm white until i get my 4.5s on all 18 characters. Once i have my 4.5s i will instead begin headhunting specific bosses each morning.

My question to everyone on this plan is if this seems like a efficient use of my time or if i should instead just systematically headhunt the bosses and the 4.5s will come (through weekend clears or if people offer white rot loot in ooc, which i have yet to see but i cant say i was paying attention)?

2.) Weekends i get considerably more time to play so i plan on doing full clears of the zone? My questions are:
      a.) What is the respawn time in the zone?
      b.) Does anyone have a favorite "path" in which they find to be the easiest way to clear the zone. I want to avoid having to go in and out of the water as much as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Loyal and the Super Best Friends

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2016, 11:28:15 am »

I will be adding (partially done now) tactics for T5 on the Akka wiki update, as well as for other zones. But.....essentially....

The one item that makes T5 easy is the free waypoint creator. This allows you to repop instances over and over without cost to pinpoint specific spawn. If you do not have the item, or cant get help from someone who does, your best bet is to clear the whole damned shebang to either fund repops/instance creations with drops. Great idea anyway since you're gonna need essences (and tons of em).

As for how.....thats personal preference, of course....but I like to start with clearing land mobs first, stopping to grab named that pop as you go, then start underwater. I run leved, usually, and go across the first bridge, go right in the first room to grab all Exos, then go around up the ramp to the left of the first room to nab all the alkari. Then I run across the gap from the bridge that dead ends past the door, hitting the illthids on the opposite balcony, turning right (never slowing down) to range agro the illithids on the other balcony on the way to the arena. I run up onto the top of the arena, going leftmost first, clearing the big room and run ning through the fake wall, getting all the mobs up top, then back down to the egde atop the arena to hit the rightmost room, then through the door, past the next room, to the illithid area on the SW side of the map. Clear them, then go out north to the walkway, down into the pigpen and grabbing all the hogs, then either back out to clear stragglers and land pops, or swimming down to the tunnels to nab the NTI. From there I start on water mobs.....usually with mage or necro letting pets hit the corals while I nuke/dot the hell out of em from range (seems to go faster that way). If you like you can keep your characters together to all gang on the corals, but after a certain point its actually faster to caster/pet solo them.

But, I will say this: finding a way to get the cash/credits up for a FWP maker is probably the best thing you can do for your team from T5 on out. The impact is massive. I'd get THIS before I worked on a UW, to be honest.

Hope that answered what you were asking!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 11:34:41 am by Chunka » Logged

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2016, 02:53:49 pm »

Levitation is critical to T5, learning how to use it to move around the zone will save you hours.

The best way for you to clear T5 without going mad is to join someone else who is doing it. As long as you are in the zone, and in the raid together, you will both get credit for any bosses killed.

Keep in mind this zone is a marathon, not a sprint.

Good luck!

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Loyal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2016, 10:37:23 pm »

Thanks Guys - this was exactly what i was looking for, other folks personal preferences with the zone. Definitely appreciate the path detail chunka! Looks like ive got a long road ahead of me but im happy to be in a new zone Smiley

Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 06:43:51 am »

On the boss list,  there are 2 mobs listed as dropping Cleric wrists.  It should say that Lectric drops the Mage wrist.  Kra Sue has the Cleric wrist as correctly listed. 

Chunka
Legend

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 06:49:29 am »

Both wiki are correct, however. They are a far better resource.

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64970
  • Total Topics: 5050
  • Online Today: 81
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)