Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
July 02, 2024, 10:29:57 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: PoTimeA  (Read 12960 times)
carpediembr

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 08:29:38 am »

Why the devs made this zone such a mess for low tier ppl?

Like if you get from Dulak and try to go to PoTime with a full group, you cant do sh*t in there.

300 mobs adds come together with a single pull, the respawn time is like 15 seconds.

Really is a pain in the $$ for anyone who is not overtiered or have 5000 bots, which most of the people on this server have, which is another thing. People stay on their little own World, dont help other people. the ones who help are just a few
xoltrek

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 09:09:42 am »

After dulak you have to do BoT to get better stuff and not PoTime.
In Bot you should do tower boss to get better weapon too.

After that full group should be able to do it (PoTime is a raid zone see motd when you zone in).

Don't forget to get your pet that you can hire to zone.

If you got any pet class, better to get caster guild quest (ring of master that summon very nice pet and allow you to use fireblade V2 with 8kHP point for your pet).

For tank, Fighter guild quest help on regen / rez stone

If it's too hard, maybe go in LDON do some card to get better stuff before (less add, but not so easy).

Really is a pain in the $$ for anyone who is not overtiered or have 5000 bots, which most of the people on this server have, which is another thing. People stay on their little own World, dont help other people. the ones who help are just a few

You don't have 2000 players on the serveur, so you have to use dual box and not bots!

About people don't helping, you will see later, that you are wrong. I played on other server on eqemu, and, on this one, people helping much more than on other.

Also you will see when you will need help on epic 2.0 boss or 3.0 or tacvi qvic, or item for FG/CG, etc...

Not all people are helping but there are some.

Also don't forget that people helping have to do their own thing/farming so don't blame them.

Imagine you are rinning boss in PoTime and receiving a tell asking you help, do you really think you will stop your run and go help ??

Sometime high end level spot/boss are hard to get (because over camped), so once you get it, you don't want to leave it until you done.
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 10:01:17 am »

Good reply, thanks.

Bottom line, don't skip content / zones. Gear up one suit at a time. BoThunder comes before PoTimeA. Hire the Henchmen (pets) at the zone in to help you too.

FYI PotimeA has a large aggro radius with 5 minute respawn. This was done on purpose about 2 years ago, forcing people to move around instead of camping 1 corner of the zone. Everyone that has played on this server progressed from BoThunder to PoTimeA with no problems.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 11:54:07 am »

Hire the Henchmen (pets) at the zone in to help you too.

What? Where? lol.... Askr?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 12:06:25 pm »

What? Where? lol.... Askr?

Yes. Askr is a henchman. He's so very angry at those elementals and giants in BoT, that he shoots rainbows out of his hands for 30k crits. The secret is you have to dance a certain dance then offer him some iron rations. IT took me forever to find this out!

Truly though, zoning into PoTimea, you'll note the henchmen. They're not there to look pretty. The best one imo is the wizard. Nukes baby.

Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 12:09:12 pm »

nice... so they are controled like pets?

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

"I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our, uh, education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future, for our children"
Lodar

Booyah!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 12:10:09 pm »

they way hunter said it, i though he meant they were in BoT

Lodar - 70 Cleric
Genelor - 70 Warrior
Shoo - 70 Mage
Sinluyen - 70 Wizard
Capt - 70 Rogue
Shaa - 70 Ranger
Hopeless - 1 Paladin

Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 12:12:56 pm »

Sorry about that. The pets for hire are in PoTimeA only. After you gear up in BoThunder, go to PoTimeA and hire a pet to help you.

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Blackee

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 12:13:49 pm »

Yes, they're exactly controlled like pets, no difference. And no, they're only in PoTimea.

Soloni

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2010, 09:00:51 pm »

Those pets actually do come in handy. Even for a more accomplished player, it is a noticeable difference in DPS when using them than when not.

WTB an open tiki at any time of the day please, last 5 days perma camped makes me sad in the pants.
carpediembr

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 10:04:25 am »

Yea, it is a raid zone... AND ITS FILLED WITH OVERTIERED people.

Its useless to try to make a raid for PoTime, because its filled with 2/3/4/5/6 overtiered boxers camping the nameds for their alts.

And why would I try to form a raid for a wipe? The respawn time is so fast that by the time we kill some trash and ALL the raid moves, it already respawned and someone got aggro. This in my opinion is the biggest ignorance thing about PoTime.

Really, either you guys fix the respawn time or dont let overtiered people over camp this mobs. Its ridiculus for new people who dont 6 box.
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2010, 03:15:54 pm »

If your entire group/raid cannot keep up with the respawn rate in PoTimea, perhaps you're jumping the gun.  I began soloing PoTime with my Mage after I completed the Caster Guild quest (which I also solo'd except for the King Cards in LDoN).  The CG pet could handle the trash so long as I pulled carefully (Earth was a bit dicey) and could even take down the named except for Dragon Slave who's regen was just too much.  Yes, they were long fights, but it was possible with a BoThunder geared mage.

As stated earlier, follow the progression.  Don't move into zones if you haven't finished the previous ones (tho anything before Dulak you progress too fast to bother staying).  Once you're ready to do the epics, get into the Fighter and/or Caster Guilds.  Any single group of BoT geared toons with FG/CG access should have no trouble keeping up with the spawn in Time.

As to the people who blow thru the content for their alts, that's just a part of the game.  The respawn rate on the bosses is quite short, especially when your fight through the trash is challenging.  It will take a number of sessions to finish up your first toon.  I found that my best chance stood in pairing up with someone a little ahead of me and work with them to complete their content.  It taught me about the zone and about the boss fights (this works in any custom zone).  I wasn't there for the loot, I was there for the knowledge, and to earn a friend.  When it came time for me to start mine, I'd look for the folks I'd helped and ask them if they could come help me.  Once my mage had qvic gear and his 3.0, gearing up my other toons and helping my friends became a LOT easier.
carpediembr

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 01:51:53 pm »

If your entire group/raid cannot keep up with the respawn rate in PoTimea, perhaps you're jumping the gun.  I began soloing PoTime with my Mage after I completed the Caster Guild quest (which I also solo'd except for the King Cards in LDoN).  The CG pet could handle the trash so long as I pulled carefully (Earth was a bit dicey) and could even take down the named except for Dragon Slave who's regen was just too much.  Yes, they were long fights, but it was possible with a BoThunder geared mage.

As stated earlier, follow the progression.  Don't move into zones if you haven't finished the previous ones (tho anything before Dulak you progress too fast to bother staying).  Once you're ready to do the epics, get into the Fighter and/or Caster Guilds.  Any single group of BoT geared toons with FG/CG access should have no trouble keeping up with the spawn in Time.

As to the people who blow thru the content for their alts, that's just a part of the game.  The respawn rate on the bosses is quite short, especially when your fight through the trash is challenging.  It will take a number of sessions to finish up your first toon.  I found that my best chance stood in pairing up with someone a little ahead of me and work with them to complete their content.  It taught me about the zone and about the boss fights (this works in any custom zone).  I wasn't there for the loot, I was there for the knowledge, and to earn a friend.  When it came time for me to start mine, I'd look for the folks I'd helped and ask them if they could come help me.  Once my mage had qvic gear and his 3.0, gearing up my other toons and helping my friends became a LOT easier.
Whats the fun on that? Is same as power leveling.. content skipping, etc...

then why dont the devs just take out all the adds?
Gantrathor

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2010, 01:27:11 pm »

well, if you've already done it all once, doing it all again from scratch with no help from your other toons is just a grind.  I've done the content, I don't really feel the need to repeat the experience half a dozen times as I level other toons.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65023
  • Total Topics: 5057
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 8678
  • (December 19, 2022, 02:32:09 pm)