Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 21, 2024, 03:11:44 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Epic Weapons 8.0+  (Read 13483 times)
Hunter
EZ Server GM
Legend

EZ Server GM

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2013, 11:26:52 pm »

Trying to brain storm the future of Epic Weapons 8.0+ starting in ToV.

I could continue the course of regular epics and/or epic augs from T7 Epic 7.0's, or make new rare drop multiclass uber weapons that drop in T7+.

A new idea I'm thinking about is trading in your Epic 7.0's for new multiclass weapon in T8 ToV that will have 5 augment slots. Paladin and SK would get the same 2hs, Warriors, Rangers, and Bards would get the same 1hs, casters would get the same 2hb and/or dagger, Monks and Beastlords would get 1hb, etc.

These new weapons would have 5 augment slots, each allowing different type of augment that can be leveled or ranked up just like the Materia in Final Fantasy 7. Only one of the augment slots would be proc, the rest would be other stuff that you can select to specialize your character, to have more mana or hp, more DPS or more Healing, etc. This would make the weapons more unique to the class etc. Would go something similar to this (different slot numbers to be determined though):

Slot 1: Proc Augs
Slot 2: Focus Effect
Slot 3: Worn Effect
Slot 4: Click Effect
Slot 5: Stats (HP, Mana, AC, Resist)

So you could choose which area to rank up to specialize.

Those special Augments would probably start becoming available in T8 ToV along with the weapons. The Augments would probably use AA points to level up.

Maybe Slot 5 would be all stats (HP, Mana, Stats, Resist, Heroics, etc) instead of just one stat, so the original weapon will be blank except for the damage that increases every tier.

Reason we don't have Epic 8.0+ yet is just time consuming, to clone all the Epics and Epic Augs, and make all the code for Epic Vendor to trade them in for the upgrade, etc.

The new way proposed would take some time to get started, but then every tier would easily have a new set of weapons real fast since just need to make maybe 5 or 6 weapons per tier for upgrade, as the augments with aa rank up is already done.

Might limit the augments to 5 or 10 ranks per tier each as a cap, so for example in T8 ToV could only rank each augment up to rank 10, then in T9 could continue to rank them up to rank 20, etc. Would prevent anyone from getting insane HP or DPS from focusing on just 1 augment rather than balancing the leveling across all 5.

I realize lots of people doing UW's now but we still have a lot of dual wielders out there, and many times just the main tank has UW so the rest of the crew needs some update which there isn't much weapon update right now in T8 or T9, just strike Augs that give higher proc DPS.

Any feedback and ideas welcome.

Thanks

Hunter - EZ Server GM
Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 02:18:29 am »

If you did 10 ranks starting in ToV I would ask that the aa req be reasonable considering this would mainly be used by peoples alts/support classes over their main and at this tier most people are 2-3 groups and raid aa sucks even though it has been boosted a lot in the last year.
It does sound like a good idea.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Dinadas

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 08:48:50 am »

I think if this goes through, raid exp would need a boost, maybe in t8+ zones where this is implemented.

Right now you really only have to worry about exping your tank for RoA etc, if that shifts to having to exp all your army, something will need to give a boost to that enterprise. In my opinion.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 02:47:33 pm »

I suggested this a while back. Read through it to fully understand what I'm aiming for with it. Once you've read it through, then crucify/support it.

If the pictures are too big, right click and select "View Image"!
With T8 (and hopefully retro-actively and in the future), let's go back to EQ-like setup. Let's get away from the standard xerox'ed epics and let's make choices on what we'd like to use. I am suggesting that we keep the class defining proc/click/etc on the epic aug, but leave the stats to the weapon. With T7, we saw something similar...but not really. We had different weapon appearances that were still the same xerox'ed epic from the previous tiers. I am suggesting that each new tier has a "themed" set of weapons, which may not be the same as the previous tier. In example: tier 9 may not have daggers, but spears instead. T10 may REALLY like 2h weapons in numerous forms (2h monk staves, caster staves, 2h axes, 2h swords, etc). This adds some diversity in stats (and visual diversity).

Disclaimer: Yes, I know the 9023587259 of you warriors with UWs won't care. I'm not counting you because you're all bastards. There, I said it.

EDIT: Actually, you might care as with this system you could place your epic aug in the UW and still keep the warrior goodness without needing to lug around extra epics.

Below are some of the weapons I've written to possibly work with mostly final effects:

(continued into next post...)

« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 12:31:37 pm by hateborne » Logged

I'm so sorry Hunter, I tried...
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 03:01:38 pm »

(continued from above...)

The Augs in a semi-complete form. Some things like the zerk 1h and the ranger blade can likely be safely dropped.

-Hate

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:26:54 pm by hateborne » Logged

Peign
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 06:00:43 pm »

Trying to brain storm the future of Epic Weapons 8.0+ starting in ToV.

I could continue the course of regular epics and/or epic augs from T7 Epic 7.0's, or make new rare drop multiclass uber weapons that drop in T7+.

A new idea I'm thinking about is trading in your Epic 7.0's for new multiclass weapon in T8 ToV that will have 5 augment slots. Paladin and SK would get the same 2hs, Warriors, Rangers, and Bards would get the same 1hs, casters would get the same 2hb and/or dagger, Monks and Beastlords would get 1hb, etc.

These new weapons would have 5 augment slots, each allowing different type of augment that can be leveled or ranked up just like the Materia in Final Fantasy 7. Only one of the augment slots would be proc, the rest would be other stuff that you can select to specialize your character, to have more mana or hp, more DPS or more Healing, etc. This would make the weapons more unique to the class etc. Would go something similar to this (different slot numbers to be determined though):

Slot 1: Proc Augs
Slot 2: Focus Effect
Slot 3: Worn Effect
Slot 4: Click Effect
Slot 5: Stats (HP, Mana, AC, Resist)

So you could choose which area to rank up to specialize.

Those special Augments would probably start becoming available in T8 ToV along with the weapons. The Augments would probably use AA points to level up.

Maybe Slot 5 would be all stats (HP, Mana, Stats, Resist, Heroics, etc) instead of just one stat, so the original weapon will be blank except for the damage that increases every tier.

Any feedback and ideas welcome.

Thanks

I really like this idea Hunter.  Just like your Spirit of Ninja idea, it is excellent out of the box (no tweaking required).    The multi-class weapon with specialty augs would be fun and allow us to improve our toons each tier or with time (if you go the AA route).    We always have room to improve our dps and support classes.   Heck we spend millions upon millions of plat on our dps to reduce clear times by a couple minutes.  Maximum ROI!

I vote a big NO on tier themed weapons though, doesn't make sense and will require a heck of a lot of testing to ensure we do not get another Warriors Way fiasco.   The multi-class weapon is an awesome idea and will allow toons to upgrade after every tier vice having to wait for the "tier theme" that provides them an upgrade. 

As a caveat, all of the progressing players on EZ, especially the players that are in the top tiers, follow the standard "EQ-Like"  setups, that means Main Tank, DPS and Healing.   This is mmorpg 101 and has been the model for every mmorpg I've ever played (been playing since 99).    You could look at top guilds in the history of mmorpgs and check out their model,  great tank, good heals, good dps.   

EZ is awesome right now, thanks for the effort Hunter.   

Danke,

Peign

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2013, 06:04:29 pm »

Increase the heroic stats above "total joke, dont die laughing" levels for starters. Otherwise I'm sure it looks good.

If we judged them by the content of their character, they'd be begging us to judge them by the color of their skin
Expletus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2013, 06:19:45 pm »

I really like Hate's idea. I love diversity as far as weapon looks instead of the same ol weapon model. I get really excited knowing a new model is next tier. I would make 1 small request, how bout some 1 handed axes !   

Keeze
zefirus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2013, 11:32:18 pm »

If I could suggest one thing it would be the removal of aoe dmg epic 8 up.
marxist

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2013, 01:56:15 am »

Honestly this seems like a lot of extra time and work to get items and augments set up, and I don't quite see where there a there is any real benefit for players. I'd prefer sticking to the epic set up that previously existed and if anything, try to implement unique abilities to classes that are currently in need of a boost to benefit players that use a balance of toons beyond what is already in place.
hateborne
Legend

Don't nerf me bro!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2013, 03:46:35 pm »

Honestly this seems like a lot of extra time and work to get items and augments set up, and I don't quite see where there a there is any real benefit for players. I'd prefer sticking to the epic set up that previously existed and if anything, try to implement unique abilities to classes that are currently in need of a boost to benefit players that use a balance of toons beyond what is already in place.

marxist, it is a bit to setup but I've already done it. Hunter was looking for a way out of the epics system. They aren't epic and are mandatory progression pieces. On top of it, it's a good bit of work to copy/paste/edit per tier.

If I could suggest one thing it would be the removal of aoe dmg epic 8 up.

On zerks or all aoe damage?

I really like Hate's idea. I love diversity as far as weapon looks instead of the same ol weapon model. I get really excited knowing a new model is next tier. I would make 1 small request, how bout some 1 handed axes !   

That's doable ;-D

Increase the heroic stats above "total joke, dont die laughing" levels for starters. Otherwise I'm sure it looks good.

Yeah, I know they're low. I was considering 10% of all epic weapon/armor stats to be added as heroics so the gear would actually stack up in a progressive, useful manner instead of hilariously large leaps like the current system. :-)

Good feedback so far. Keep it coming on mine, Hunter's, or maybe your own pitch. :-D

-Hate

Fliker

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 04:33:44 pm »

WOW Hate that was defiantly a crap load of work.
Nicely done Mate.
I'm sure a little tweaking will be needed but it looks like you've covered most all bases.

Got my +1 Hate

Hopefully with that setup EZ will no longer be "Tank with War or find another server."

I know it's "doable" but it's a night and day difference and some of us would love a choice in the upper tiers

Felony

Trump it

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2013, 05:45:43 pm »

Rogue dagger with backstab dmg on it that actually improves some.
That shit has been the same 250 value since 4.0.

marxist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2013, 06:44:37 pm »

I'm against there being a ranged item with the money and time spent on sceptres. Also thinking the healing buff on druid/shaman item is too high.
Rageful

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 07:21:05 pm »

Bring in the ranged items, the server needs to progress past a single ranged item.

Increase the stats on the scepter, reasons given by Marxist
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
  • Total Members: 6131
  • Latest: appathy
Stats
  • Total Posts: 65022
  • Total Topics: 5057