Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:25:15 pm *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Modified RoF2 Inv With 99,999,999 hp/mana & open bags  (Read 20886 times)
Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« on: April 29, 2016, 12:44:12 am »

Hello Friends,

I created this as an alternative to skinnytick's Modified Inventory. His inventory works in RoF2, however does generate errors due to missing components, which may of not been to big of a deal, however I am anal about things, so it bothered me Smiley

Plus I use a modified version of a bank with open bags (Will post in a new thread about this one, link will be edited in once posted.) that I really liked, and I thought to myself, why not do this in the inventory, however after much searching I couldnt find a inventory with open bags that I liked, so what was the next step, create one I liked. So that is what I did.

So lets take a look. ( Don't forget to check out the other versions below as well )

(Click on the image to view the larger size.)

So lets go over the modifications I did

first I extended the window both vertically and horizontally (so this inventory might not work for those who use small windows for their alts, at least on their alts it wont), I moved the money, Ebon and radiant crystals to the bottom of the inv, to make room for the bags of course. the krono stuff is hidden and the plot items button is hidden, the HP, MP, and EN have all been moved to the top above the equipment, and the equipment slots have been moved down to make room for that, the HP, MP, and EN can all handle 99,999,999. The money and crystals slots are bigger now too, however because of the way that EQ handles those sections of the inv in the UI files, I was not able to test how much they can handle before it overflows, (I just spent most of my money on the crafter's guild for 6 chars) but it seems from what I could test that it should be able to handle 999,999,999 if not more, but this is unverified currently ( EDIT: I have now verified that this UI can handle 999,999,999 without overflowing on the coins 1 ). all 8 inventory slots have been moved to the top right, and now the bag slots show under them, the slots automatically show determing the size of the bag, the slots will show up to 10, since that is the max of EQemu currently.

1 NOTE: to those who still have slight problems with the money overflowing, the tests were done with the default font and font size of EQ, if you have changed these in the options in the EQ client, then chances are you may not get the same results

The other tabs have not been touched.

Well I believe that about sums it up, feel free to use or modify this inventory as you desire. Smiley

UI file located as an attachment, however for those who aren't logged in, or have yet to create an account, you may download the UI file here

Roguetastic's request of the horizontal bags

(Click on the image to view the larger size.)

(This screenshot was taken on a test EQEmu server running on my local computer, so dont be alarmed at my level, hp, mp, etc. that was done for testing purposes for the UI)

This alteration is also an attachment to this post, however, for those who aren't logged in, or have yet to make an account, it can be downloaded here

Chieftan's Modified version of the horizontal inv
Thanks to Chieftan for this version. If you use this version of the inventory, don't forget to thank Chieftan for his awesome modifications to the original version

Chieftan's notes: 4 versions in the zip, UF and RoF2, with and without Bank PP displayed

Be careful with UF version if using less than 10 slot ags, as it will display all 10 slots available (DO NOT USE SLOTS ABOVE BAG SIZE), RoF2 has fixed that issue

Adjustments made
Increased size slightly, for stat page display
Moved poison stat position, was in the name
Adjusted all stats positions, now lined up
Moved crystals positions
Moved coin position slightly
Added a version for MQ2, with bank PP displayed

This version is also an attachment to this post, however, for those who aren't logged in, or have yet to make an account, it can be downloaded here

Now for those interested the Bank UI it is posted here

-- Riot

this UI piece was modified with RoF2 in mind stuff was added and/or removed to work with no errors in the RoF2 client, you may be able to use it in the UF client, I can not guarantee the results, but if you are still running the UF client, best to upgrade to the RoF2 client, since it works better for EZ, check out the EZ Guide to get download links for the RoF2 client already patched for EZ, with the exception of the spell file.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:37:29 pm by RiotEQ » Logged
KnowFear

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 12:40:27 pm »

I like this. Saves from having to shift-B to open bags. Thanks!
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 01:20:44 pm »

Looking pretty good there, Riot. But the HP display is still glitching out. I have 1.4mil HP and it only display 1mil.

Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 03:13:28 pm »

I like this. Saves from having to shift-B to open bags. Thanks!

You are very welcome, glad you like it.

Looking pretty good there, Riot. But the HP display is still glitching out. I have 1.4mil HP and it only display 1mil.

I have seen this before on other servers as well as skinnytick's post, i do not think it has really anything to do with the UI, because the code doesnt give you anything other then a type number which indicates what to display, i can run some tests, will have to download and setup an EQemu server, since i do not have over a mil hp on any of my chars currently, which isnt a big deal, im quite familiar with the eqemu server setup. I will poat back my findings and an updated version of the ui if it is indeed in the UI file.

This will also give me a chance to test the coin buttons out to see if i need to modify those to show more or not

-Riot
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2016, 03:52:56 pm »

I like the Banking window a lot as it makes things much easier to grab with these tired old eyes at 1440p. Smiley

How big of a deal would it be to put the bags in the Inventory Window in a Horizontal configuration as opposed to the Vertical config it uses now? I can see it would add even more width to the window so, maybe it's not aesthetically as pleasing but, it would help with the confusion I sometimes experience sorting stuff.

Thanks for these enhancements!

Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 04:26:44 pm »

I like the Banking window a lot as it makes things much easier to grab with these tired old eyes at 1440p. Smiley

How big of a deal would it be to put the bags in the Inventory Window in a Horizontal configuration as opposed to the Vertical config it uses now? I can see it would add even more width to the window so, maybe it's not aesthetically as pleasing but, it would help with the confusion I sometimes experience sorting stuff.

Thanks for these enhancements!

EDIT: I misread the post, yes it is possible, I will make the modification and upload an alternate version. It should be ready a little later today. Since I am doing this, I might as well make an alternate version of the bank as well, that one in a vertical configuration
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 06:53:59 pm by RiotEQ » Logged
Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2016, 09:32:45 pm »

From my testing, this is not anything to do with the UI, which is what i figured, I have no idea why its reporting incorrectly, but i have tested on a test server with several different configurations and have yet to get any type of incorrect reporting. i have tested with HP @ 8 - 9mil HP set by several different methods, from hp from items, to buffs, and have yet to get an incorrect hp, this took some time testing, since every time i edited a spell or item i had to restart the test server, lol, however I could not get it to report any incorrect hp from /hp to the inv hp, even the hp on my player window that i use was the same.

So at this time, I can not do anything about incorrect reporting of HP, however this could be couple different possibilities, this could be something on the EZ server, or this could be something with MQ2, the /hp command is a MQ2 function, so I would think this is more of a possibility then a glitch on the EZ server.

If the problem happens inside the default UI, then it more then likely a problem that has nothing to do with the UI, since my UI is based off the original UI with modifications to the box sizes, then I wouldn't see why it wouldn't report the same between the original UI and my modified UI

regardless, I do apologize, because there is nothing I can do about this issue, and even if for some reason it is something with the UI, I have no idea how to go about fixing the incorrect display, since I have no control over what is displayed once the EQType is set in the UI.

- Riot
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 09:36:42 pm by RiotEQ » Logged
Kelordis

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2016, 09:52:02 pm »

MQ2 report it wrong, UI report it wrong, HP bar report it wrong. Only thing that got it right is /say hp and that it.

http://puu.sh/oAKjP/529be2971f.jpg

Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 12:02:02 am »

First, just wanted to say the original post has been updated to include Roguetastic's request of the bags running horizontally in the UI

MQ2 report it wrong, UI report it wrong, HP bar report it wrong. Only thing that got it right is /say hp and that it.

http://puu.sh/oAKjP/529be2971f.jpg

ahh, yah, that function isn't built into my test server, so i can't check that, unfortunately that has to do with the server/client setup, somewhere along the lines the client is either calculating the hp wrong, or being passed the incorrect hp

I could be totally incorrect, but if I am not mistaken, the calculations are on client side as well as the server side, and what is reported to us in game overall is what the client calculated, so if there is modifications to the calculations server side or the EQEmu doesn't have the same exact calculations as live, the client would report incorrect information, the same goes for mp, en, atk, pretty much any stat. This is done to cut down as much calls to the server as they can, 1 player's client already makes 1000s of calls to the server just in seconds as it is, when you have 1000s of players doing that you get a huge number of calls to the server, so they try to eliminate as many unneeded calls to the server, like something as simple as hp, they want to keep it to the bare essentials, this is why our clients are 9 gigabytes, most of it is graphics, but quite a bit of it is quests, dialog, spell lists and descriptions, etc, surprisingly the item list is not among them, usually MMOs have the item list in there too, but EQ is a bit older, so that might be why.

nothing can really be done with that, with the exception of hacking the client, but it would take quite a bit of time to reverse engineer, modify, and get the client working correctly without knowing exactly what DLL handles the calculations and without possibly causing more undesirable issues in game.

--Riot
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 12:17:24 am by RiotEQ » Logged
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 01:16:21 pm »

Thanks, Riot. The horizontal bag config is awesome.

Well done!

Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 01:49:41 pm »

Thanks, Riot. The horizontal bag config is awesome.

Well done!

to be quite honest, i started using it too,  Tongue
Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2016, 06:19:59 am »

I like it....solid add.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2016, 08:29:23 am »

Real nice work on this, ties in nicely with my all bag open bank window

Just done a little tinkering, and added a compatible version for Underfoot, for those who still use it, =)

Adjustments made
Increased size slightly, for stat page display
Moved poison stat position, was in the name
Adjusted all stats positions, now lined up
Moved crystals positions
Moved coin position slightly
Added a version for MQ2, with bank PP displayed

Screenshot ( UF with Bank pp )

Thanks again for the share

4 versions in the zip, UF and RoF2, with and without Bank PP displayed

May add some more MQ2 info to the stat page, as quite a big space for additional info =)

Note.
Be careful with UF version if using less than 10 slot bags, as it will display all 10 slots available (DO NOT USE SLOTS ABOVE BAG SIZE), RoF2 has fixed that issue

Thank again

Riot

Digitally Insane

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2016, 02:05:27 pm »

Nice mods/additions, I will add your version to the original post.

and nice catch with the poison stat, sometimes editing the UI files can get tired on the eyes because of all the text.

Time for me to move to your version =P
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 02:20:25 pm by RiotEQ » Logged
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2016, 05:48:48 pm »

Thanks, and np

Yeah, missing/errors in code is easily done, Always possible that I missed something in my modified version, and not quite right
Post here, if anyone spots any error(s)
One of us will sort it :-)

When you start messing with code, you start to understand what Akka and Hate have to do, and appreciate what they do for the server a lot more
And what they do, is way above simple xml coding

Pages: [1] 2
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 64987
  • Total Topics: 5053
  • Online Today: 2016
  • Online Ever: 8678