Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:48:54 am *

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Client Tech Support  (Read 6264 times)
Rangewind

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2016, 02:28:03 pm »

I am not sure if anyone else has had this problem or if there is a known fix and I have just not found it.

I have upgraded my desktop since the last time I played and was looking to get back into things but have run into a problem where my client seems "turbo" if you will.  The only things I have been able to find to fix this is having to force under clock my processor.  I have not had any luck finding a stable under clock (desktop just does a complete freeze or the video does a brief freeze frame about every 10 sec).  Any ideas on what else I can try??

Thanks for the help.

Rangewind
Leis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:31:08 pm »

What client are you using? Chunka's Rof2? UF? an older one?

Flin is alone with the grimoire. I stab it, no wait I backstab it! You can't backstab it, you can't sneak attack an inanimate object. Why not it's prone? It doesn't have a discernible anatomy. It's got a spine doesn't it? *Rolls a 1 and stabs himself.
Leis  ~  Daira  ~  Arith  ~  Laria
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:46:18 pm »

Downloaded a fresh ROF2 and here is a link to my pc build http://pcpartpicker.com/p/vV8dnn
balidet
Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 02:55:26 pm »

did we not have some people reporting this issue with running multi processor systems?

Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 02:56:56 pm »

The info I have found is for processors over 3.8 and mine is a 4.7
Roguetastic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 03:25:15 pm »

Try the stuff in this thread if you haven't already.  http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25327

I still occasionally get the spastic character select but, only when I try to open a bunch of clients at the same time.

I use Chunkas RoF2 and am running a Core i7-4790 @ 3.6 GHZ.

Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »

I have made sure EQ is to only use 1 core (seems to be default with using WinEQ). - problem still exists
The AMD download links seem to no longer exist.
Chameleonn

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2016, 08:41:36 am »

I have made sure EQ is to only use 1 core (seems to be default with using WinEQ). - problem still exists
The AMD download links seem to no longer exist.

what cpu do you have
why force the puter to run things on one core
why do you use this "wineq" with roft

the roft client can use multithreaded cores but you have to help it with this program - https://bitsum.com/?inproduct

the "internal" switch in the EQ ini file to tell the client to use more then one core by itself does NOT work so dont bother
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2016, 11:19:51 am »

I have an AMD FX-9590 @ 4.7 (default)
Only EQ was being forced to one core to try and fix the "turbo" that is happening with my client
I use WinEQ2 http://www.lavishsoft.com/ with the MQ2 auto login to load my boxes with a simple script and also have the EQ windows show the name of the box on them.

Installed the program linked still have the same problem.  The program itself looks interesting but I will have to look into it to see if I want to keep it.
Chieftan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2016, 07:26:05 pm »

Just a shot in the dark, but have you looked at this

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/eq-amd-fx-help-or-fix-please.212991/#post-3266501

AMD Overdrive - seems it may be a cure for the speed issue, not perfect, but may get you playin

Chunka
Legend

Been gone so long I'm a newbie again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2016, 09:52:16 pm »

Google Process Lasso, try it out. Helps a ton.

"When any government, or any church for that matter, undertakes to say to its subjects, "This you may not read, this you must not see, this you are forbidden to know," the end result is tyranny and oppression, no matter how holy the motives. Mighty little force is needed to control a man whose mind has been hoodwinked; contrariwise, no amount of force can control a free man, a man whose mind is free. No, not the rack, not fission bombs, not anything — you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." R.A. Heinlein
Rangewind

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 01:09:58 am »

RESOLVED

Process Lasso is what Chameleonn linked and it looks interesting but didn't change anything.  getting a few friends to test it on some lower end PCs.

The AMD Overdrive has fixed my problem.  I setup some smart profiles that effect only EQ and have them set to Core Multiplier = Default -2
It used to be part of the video driver suite but seems that it is now stand alone software.

Thanks for the help everyone.
walk2k

Hero Posts: 99999

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 03:06:49 pm »

nvm
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 03:26:34 pm by walk2k » Logged

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to:  

Recent

Stats